[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [d2vzw]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Morphinity

Jul 2, 2012
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] » Feb 6

Is anyone having data issues in this ROM? I'm specifically curious about unreliable data connections, frequent drops, and any speed issues.

The reason I ask is because I have the same problems with this ROM as I do with Baked ROM. 3G to 4G transitions hang, and can only be fixed with a reboot or airplane mode toggling. And once I get 4G, it doesn't transfer data.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

SDC_Bolts

Jan 21, 2009

Does anyone use Chomp or Handcent Pro beta? Having any issues sending mms through either? Can send mms through stock messenger app just not a third party, or at least those two. Like those for group texting.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

osuron07

Jan 16, 2012
tried it also, i think it is in how you turn it off;

>manage apps >Bluetooth Share app and clear data

had to do this the first time to just get it to link with my BlueAnt (clean install)

after i had it linked, then turned off blue ant, then use powerwidget (not the quick settings panel) to to turn off Bluetooth, and it shut right off.

:cyclops:

This sounds like the issue I get with ktoonz kernel? BT hanging when closing is known on his kernel, try leankernel, never had an issue with it after that.

pmdied

Mar 26, 2010

Is anyone having data issues in this ROM? I'm specifically curious about unreliable data connections, frequent drops, and any speed issues.

The reason I ask is because I have the same problems with this ROM as I do with Baked ROM. 3G to 4G transitions hang, and can only be fixed with a reboot or airplane mode toggling. And once I get 4G, it doesn't transfer data.

This was fixed a week or so back. All is good now! :D

Dcox28

May 18, 2011
Can someone possibly help with the following........................I know 4.2.1 puts my data in a 0 folder but i don't have one in my SDCard. I was finally able to find one in the Data - Media folder. However almost none of my data is in here including none of my apps. I came from Beans 10 and the only folders I have in this 0 folder are Alarms, Android, DCIM, Download, Movies, Music, Notifications, Pictures, Podcasts and Ringtones. I was hoping to find my Titanium Backup app in here so i could restore all of my apps. Are they just gone or is there a way to restore these?

Thanks,

rsohne

Mar 4, 2007

I tried turning bluetooth on and off from multiple switches and has not locked up.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

pmdied

Mar 26, 2010

Anyone know what the permissions should be set at for DSP Manager? It force closes with a regular installation I'm assuming some of the permissions need to be played with in root explorer...

tbodner

Nov 30, 2012
Can someone possibly help with the following........................I know 4.2.1 puts my data in a 0 folder but i don't have one in my SDCard. I was finally able to find one in the Data - Media folder. However almost none of my data is in here including none of my apps. I came from Beans 10 and the only folders I have in this 0 folder are Alarms, Android, DCIM, Download, Movies, Music, Notifications, Pictures, Podcasts and Ringtones. I was hoping to find my Titanium Backup app in here so i could restore all of my apps. Are they just gone or is there a way to restore these?

Thanks,

what file explorer are you using? I have root explorer and I go to /storage and have a few different sd cards and emulated, etc. My 0 folder is under emulated...try that?

Castanoff

Aug 21, 2012
enable it in nova, then. apex has it as well.

Nova is set to rotate but the lockscreen still does not rotate.

Also it has MMS notifications in the notification tray minimized so to speak. When i drag the bar down only have the message appears but I can drag the message down and it will show more... Like the reply. and call option.

Last edited:

tprophit

Dec 20, 2010
Anyone know what the permissions should be set at for DSP Manager? It force closes with a regular installation I'm assuming some of the permissions need to be played with in root explorer...

I did a full wipe, and flashed the rom, gapps, KT kernel, dsp, 'extra's camera, and the zip to eliminate shutter sound one after another, in that order, and rebooted. No issues that I'm aware of yet. Dsp working fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: pmdied
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Hey everybody! So we decided to make an actual CarbonDev account and post useful information about the rom through this account instead of our personal accounts, you know, so we seem professional and whatnot.We are also in the process of changing the OP's to this account so they don't say 1.6 anymore lol. We have contacted xda and are waiting for that to get done, all in good time. We hope this change will make everything a bit easier for you, our precious users, but also for us in a logistical sense. We try to do everything possible to make Carbon user friendly and to meet the needs of the majority and hopefully this will help us maintain that goal. Anyways, back to work! Peace.

Kejars talking about an update that's the fastest he's seen aosp. Granted it's on the note 2 but hopefully it will carry over

It will..great things are coming. Just be patient guys next release will be worth the wait! :D

Sup people :)

Thank you for your appreciation of our hard work. :) There are loads of more goodies coming your way, both ROM related as well as \m/ related ;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
    i hope so and i hope carbon implements it into their rom asap! it would be great. been with carbon since day one and never left! love it!
    We hope to have it implemented quickly as well once it drops. Leave our wives and children to fend for themselves and go 100% on the rom lol