[Theme Chooser] 4/8/2011 Cyan Skulls and Dragons and Blackened in post 106 for CM 7

Search This thread

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
Has anyone updated to the 3/24 update for aosp and tried theme chooser again? I was messing around with mine but I'm on Tazz's cm7 rom for Eris. Anyway. I pulled the ThemeChooser.apk and the ThemeManager.apk from the previous version of the rom when the theme was working fine and pushed them to /system/app and replaced the ones in the current version, rebooted, and BAM! all my themes are back in Theme Chooser again lol. Anyone want to try a flashable zip to replace the apk's if I load it and see if it helps?

the dragon theme still won't show visibly.... however use the trackball to scroll slowly left or right you will see the dragon theme listed but a blank scrreenie click apply and all is well....running cmod3/24

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA Premium App

CondemnedSoul

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Added Theme Chooser fix to OP for anyone having problems getting these themes to show in theme chooser with the latest rom updates. Flash from recovery.

CondemnedSoul

Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Update OP with V2.1 of Skulls theme. This version adds a themed dialer, themed xda premium and free apps and some glass icons for most of the standard apps :)
I'm working on adding the launchers to the theme next and then I'll update the Dragons theme as well :)

Attachments

• cyandialer.png
    cyandialer.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 134
  • cyanfree.png
    cyanfree.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 128
  • cyanprem.png
    cyanprem.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 127

CondemnedSoul

Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
New update will be out soon. I'm redoing the launcher themes because I'm not that happy with them myself. With the next update you will be able to see the previews in Theme Chooser now, You won't get the missing assets error any more and you won't need to flash the Theme Chooser fix from the OP after ROM updates anymore either :) I finally was able to get the T-Mobile modified SDK to compile these themes to work the way they are supposed to :D

CondemnedSoul

Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Updated Cyan Dragon in OP. Skulls will be updated soon as well. Redid the launcher themes, fixed a lot of the cut-off text in the menus and now building in Linux with T-Mobile's modified SDK for Theme Chooser. No more need for the Theme Chooser fix with rom updates to run the themes and no more missing assets errors.

Launcher2
1.png

Go Launcher and LauncherPro home
3.png

Go Launcher app drawer
4.png

2.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This theme is one I ported to the Eris a couple of months ago from the EVO. It was originally done by Slayer69. All credit for the original design goes to him. All I did was bring it to our devices and resize everything and now am putting it in Theme Chooser.

This is still somewhat of a WIP but it's usable and working great on the Eris so I thought I'd share it with you guys on the Hero as well :D. The main part of the theme is all done in Theme Chooser. Just download the apk, install it like any other app, select it in Theme Chooser and reboot. The battery icon is like the one in my battery mod and does read in 1% increments. If you want the skull sliders there is a Metamorph file to add those. Theme Chooser does not support lock screen theming so I had to do the sliders separately. If you use them just be sure as always to make a nand backup before morphing in case something goes wrong or you decide you want to revert back to the stock sliders :D. There is also a Dragons version of this theme that I will add once I have this one completely finished. ;)

The sliders can also be installed using ZipThemer which is free from the market and easy to use. It creates an update zip you can flash from recovery and also creates a backup of your current setup in case you want to revert back to the original sliders without having to do a nandroid backup/restore. :D I personally prefer ZipThemer to Metamorph but it's your choice. :rolleyes:

NOTE: When using this theme you need to disable display battery percentages in CM settings for the battery icon to work properly.

As always what you do to or with your phone is your decision and your responsibility, not mine :rolleyes: I've attached some screen shots and the files below.

Anyone having problems with Theme Chooser displaying themes I've put together a zip you can flash from recovery to bring your themes back :)

Theme Chooser Fix

Cyan Skulls V2.3 - Themed xda free and premium apps, themed ADW, Launcher2, Go Launcher and LauncherPro, themed dialer and new wallpaper courtesy of drakko1980 :)

Cyan Dragon V2.4 - Updated 4/8/2011. Reworked theming of Launcher2, LauncherPro, and Go Launcher. Added new wallpaper courtesy of drakko1980. Redid a lot of the menu as well to fix cut-off text. Now being built completely in Linux with T-Mobile modified SDK which means no need to flash the Theme Chooser fix anymore. You also shouldn't get the missing assets error anymore. :)

Skull Sliders Metamorph

Dragon Sliders Metamorph

5412908562_71a182a233.jpg
    5412908548_5e8e71152c.jpg
    5412297991_56519bb683.jpg
    5412908502_baf74e9da9.jpg
    5377425500_61ab676c5b.jpg

5377425492_17cc528709.jpg
    Yes I did lol :D Hoping to get some people to test the theme out over here too before I finish it up and add the Dragon theme so I can start themeinmg some of the apps and stuff too lol. I also have a couple of themed clocks in my thread on the Eris forum... They are kinda spread through the thread though :eek: I should probably put them somewhere a little easier to find lol.

Works just fine so far. :) Might want to mention in your op about turning off the batt % so the batt gauge displays properly.

-----
    Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Gingerbread-on-Hero action here!
    Thanks, guys. :D If you want a copy, check my keyboard thread. Link in my sig.

-----
    Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Gingerbread-on-Hero action here!
    Ohh u didn't quote my post so I assumed u were talking to spmeone else

EDIT: Just realized you were being sarcastic. But are u really gonna work on it?

Sent from a delicious CDMA HTC Hero baked with Gingerbread covered in honey......mmmmm.....

Not trying to be a **** but I'm pretty sure he just told you he was going to work on it when he finishes up what he's working on. ;) Patience is a virtue and he is doing this for free so...
    Blackened V1 for CM7 Theme Chooser

First test release of Blackened for Theme Chooser is here :D . Simply download the apk, Install as an app, open Theme Chooser, Select Blackened and reboot. There are still a few things I know need to be addressed such as the green on/off indicators in the pull down power widget and a few of the app icons are not changing. I'm going to look into these things a little more tonight. If anyone comes across anything else that needs to be addressed please let me know. Also if there's any other suggestions or requests I can look into for you. The wallpaper in the screenies below is not the wallpaper for the theme. This theme also does LauncherPro and Go Launcher if you use either of those and a little bit of ADW launcher. I'll be adding some things for all of these in future releases.

All credit for the theme goes to Tazzpatriot. It's his theme I just put it into Theme Chooser. The wallpaper was done by workshed. The keyboard is from macrodroid. I did a few changes and additions as well. I am also working in adding one of user7618's keyboards to this theme as well :D

Theme Chooser does not support lockscreen theming so I made a couple of additional files you can apply with metamorph or ZipThemer. I personally prefer ZipThemer but it's up to you. Either app is free in the market :D.

Here is the Blackened apk

Here is the Iron Cross Sliders

Here are the Skull Sliders

Enjoy!

I will post updates as I fix the things that need to be changed and get some other additions put into the theme as well :D

Screenies...

5533727128_c83cb5dc73.jpg
    5533727144_1ecd6778d0.jpg
    5533151883_d17077835c.jpg
    5533144167_80212f7b24.jpg