Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Recovery] Safestrap Recovery V3.0 [11/07/2012 V3.05.x] [All Versions]

Tip us?

coolbird
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Is there a way to boot a ROM slot into BP Tools mode for service programming purpose? When I pressed the Power + Vol up + Vol down keys and pick BP Tools, it went to the Safestrap menu, if I rebooted from inside the Safestrap, no diagnostic port would come up and QPST could not see the phone. Anyone knows a way around this? My phone is on prepaid, I really would like to know how to accomplish this. Thanks a lot!

M@|ice
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@|ice View Post
how close are we getting to stock rom slot flashing?
bump.

i know your working on it, but just curious if you have an idea. thanks!

TonyStark
Old
(Last edited by TonyStark; 15th January 2013 at 09:02 PM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5128
Am I correct in the assumption, that [All Versions] means CDMA and GSM?

Thanks to eagleeyetom for the sticky

densbusa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default safestrap

[QUOTE=Hashcode;33829385]I have a few things I'm going to try for the paid app fix.

Feel free to monitor the other thread or follow me on twitter for updates:
@hashcode0f

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2[/QU OTE]

This is not reall a reply , just a question about safestrap 3.11. i dropped my phone and now it won't boot past safestrap. i have reflashed through the excellent for noobs razr utility and that won't boot either. but if i reflash through the android recovery after the utility) i am able to boot. then root and put safestrap on again. do a restore of my old backup and i am back to not booting past safestrap again. any ideas would really be appreciated. thank you in advance.

exitmood
Old
Thanks Meter 51
excellent
thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to exitmood For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vinniebigstick
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Can not create rom slot

I've been on the JB leak since xmas...stock with root. Just installed Safestrap 3.11 and trying to create a rom slot. I backed up the stock rom but when I go to create a rom slot i'm not able to select the button to create it. Like it's grayed out if that makes sense.

What am I doing wrong?

jldr
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Does anyone else see a blank/empty list when they navigate to sdcard1 in the file manager?

fegone
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up Multiboot recovery

Hi guys, thanks for the developpement. I have a razr hd xt925 (european) with retail jelly bean from Germany, rooted, bootloader unlocked, with CWM recovery. I installed safestrap3. Now I have the 2 recoveries and can try "any" rom without hassle.

Thanks to the people concerned.

archcantor
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbird View Post
if my Razr HD is running stock ICS ROM, can I flash JB based ROM to a rom slot and run it? Or I have to be on stock JB to do that.
I think if you do not have an unlocked bootloader and you are using Safestrap you can not mix ICS and JB versions inside of Safestrap. Once you upgrade your phone with JB your phone takes the JB kernel so all the other Safestrap ROM slots need to contain a JB ROM. If you are running ICS and Safestrap you can try any ICS ROM but not JB because your phone is running the ICS kernel. If you have an unlocked bootloader you have more flexibility because you can change the kernel along with the ROM. I am not an expert so if I am wrong hopefully someone will add to the discussion.
Tablet: Asus TF101 1600 Mhz
ROM: KatKISS (4.4.2 by Tim Duru)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" 1200 Mhz
ROM: PAC-Rom (4.4.2 by Nick0703)

Phone: Droid RazrMaxx HD XT926 1512 Mhz
ROM:
Stock (4.1.2)

GoClifGo05
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 360
Default Re: [Recovery] Safestrap Recovery V3.0 [11/07/2012 V3.05.x] [All Versions]

You're right. You can't use SS to flash JB overtop of ICS.

Sent from my CM10.1 RAZR HD
"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."

Moto X DE
Nexus 7 - Grouper
Retired: Droid RAZR HD XT926 Developer Edition / Droid X2