Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,664 Members 42,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Yet another extended battery + cover option ($10)

Tip us?
 
bs27975
Old
#61  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 69
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: K-W, ON, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjayjoker2 View Post
Still works great for me!
Thanks.

It's not clear from the thread which battery you purchased - could you post a link?

Also, could you post a picture? Seems from earlier in the thread you acquired a fatter than 'normal' battery with an accompanying replacement back. Would be nice to see what it looks like.

Thanks for anything you can do.
 
jayjayjoker2
Old
(Last edited by jayjayjoker2; 29th December 2012 at 11:12 PM.)
#62  
jayjayjoker2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 542
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Salt Lake City
Its the first one in the op I don't have another camera so I can't get a picture

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda premium

used my webcam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	1601638   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	1601639  
 
ingdal
Old
#63  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 16
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjayjoker2 View Post
Its the first one in the op I don't have another camera so I can't get a picture

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda premium

used my webcam
Looks hefty! Does it even fit in your pocket?
 
Laugher19
Old
#64  
Laugher19's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 170
Join Date: Oct 2012
I have the same o e and it fits in your pocket perfectly. It really is only a third thicker, and unless your pockets are TINY, you'll be fine

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda app-developers app
 
hazard1nc
Old
#65  
hazard1nc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 191
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nebraska

 
DONATE TO ME
That looks a lot like mine bro, I am glad others are posting more about this.

I still have no issues with the battery I purchased but my systems acting weird but prolly due to my trying to change my notification bar icons in a stock rom lol.

My battery % meter dropped to zero at 61% and had to restart and get it back up agaib
(-A-) }-{azard1nc's Glide (-A-)
The following is running on this phone!
ICS 4.0.4 stockrom rooted, debloated, and hacked.

LiteKernel - 1.1.1

SuperUser 3.2 ARM7 Optimized & Zip Aligned
 
ingdal
Old
#66  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 16
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugher19 View Post
I have the same o e and it fits in your pocket perfectly. It really is only a third thicker, and unless your pockets are TINY, you'll be fine

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda app-developers app
Looks like I'll be picking this up then. I don't usually have any use for the extra battery time, but it'll be nice for travels.
 
dudejb
Old
#67  
dudejb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 572
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Well I bit the bullet and bought 1 of these 2 http://www.ebay.ca/itm/3800mAh-Exten...26273780561128
Lasted me a full day and I still had 50% at the end of the day. Nice to finally have enough power to surpass 1 day. cost me 9.99 and 3$ shipping so I think it was worth it. The back panel is almost perfect but there is 1 corner where it does not click on perfectly. I just wish it had a kick stand like the mugeon 1. wonder if I can order just the back with a kick stand. My daughter watches netflix on my phone when were out and I always have to lean the phone against something.
******************************
Installed:
CWMR5x_i927_recovery.tar.md5
ICS 4.0.4 LiteRom 0.9.0
LiteKernel
 
bs27975
Old
#68  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 69
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: K-W, ON, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudejb View Post
Well I bit the bullet and bought 1 of these 2 http://www.ebay.ca/itm/3800mAh-Exten...26273780561128
Lasted me a full day and I still had 50% at the end of the day. Nice to finally have enough power to surpass 1 day. cost me 9.99 and 3$ shipping so I think it was worth it. The back panel is almost perfect but there is 1 corner where it does not click on perfectly. I just wish it had a kick stand like the mugeon 1. wonder if I can order just the back with a kick stand. My daughter watches netflix on my phone when were out and I always have to lean the phone against something.
CSA approved or UL listed?
 
iluvkhk
Old
#69  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2013
How much thicker does this battery make the phone? Is it harder to hold the phone? Thanks!
 
dudejb
Old
#70  
dudejb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 572
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Default Re: Yet another extended battery + cover option ($10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs27975 View Post
CSA approved or UL listed?
Not sure how would I find that out? Phone is a lot thicker but I find it much easier to hold now thanks to the extra girth. 1 thing this bad boy does take longer to charge, which only makes sense. Once I got it down to 20% and went to bed for 4 hours, when I woke up it was only at 80% charged. I can actually use my phone now and not worry to have to carry an extra battery to change half way during the day!

******************************
Installed:
CWMR5x_i927_recovery.tar.md5
ICS 4.0.4 LiteRom 0.9.0
LiteKernel
******************************
Installed:
CWMR5x_i927_recovery.tar.md5
ICS 4.0.4 LiteRom 0.9.0
LiteKernel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes