Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 50,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Flagship 2012 - HTC One X (Endeavor) - Tegra 3 - Mega Information Thread

Tip us?

jesr
Old
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir View Post
Nice article about the HTC One naming

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-m7-fina...-one-08268641/

Here is a thought, with HTC working so hard for this release with Qualcomm's backing, any chance of a down clocked s800?

At least I expect it to have the latest Adreno drivers...
I would like that but its even more far fetched than Tegra4.

- Timeframe of 600 and 800 (Q2 and mid 2013 respectively). Talluri recent twitter talk.
- Antutu leaked benchmark score would be too low
- Rival flagship Optimus G Pro will use 600. Remember LG was the first to launch S4pro, they have been in a close collaboration with Qualcomm.
- Peter Chou showed a working M7 at year end party, meaning HTC had it pretty much finished (?).

So krait 300 is supposed to have the same performance of a vanilla A15 core at equivalent clocks?

Shan89
Old
Thanks Meter 2322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin985 View Post
Waiting for hamdirs kernel reviews patiently

Haven't flashed a kernel yet for my one x because always find it too complicated. Mainly the repack and fastboot part. I've loocked but haven't found a kernel flashing review yet, anyone got a link to one?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

How did you get 52 fps?
What Rom and set up are you using. Best I can get with gaming boost is 45 fps

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
It was on ViperX 3.2.4 when i was doing those tests with stock kernel since source wasn't released yet.

Anyway heres my review of Renovate and Viper roms + gaming boost + Kozmi kernel then XM kernel , after that i've tested with Viper 3.3.5 also kozmi XM and gaming boost.

1st XM kernel , quad locked to 1500 Renovate rom + gaming boost.

Quadrant scores: 3x of them = 1: 7096 , 2: 7122 , 3: 7155 ----- Viper Rom = 1: 6432 , 2: 6533 . 3: 6661
Antutu scores : 3x of them = 1: 14768 . 2: 14880 , 3: 14966 ----- Viper Rom = Pretty much similar 1st 2 scores last one was 15096 (thats when i changed *read ahead speed of SD* )
Epic citadel high performance , max res : 3x of them = scores 1: 49.6 , 2: 49. 3 , 3: 49.7 ( pretty accurate bench ) Viper: 1: 49.5 , 2: 49.9 3: 50.2

Gaming: NFSMW - was playable very nicely with little hickups at police car roadblocks.
MC4 - Also very playable better then stock for sure , also very smooth.
Shadowgun dead zone - No laggs at all ultra details
Wild blood - No laggs at all single player , and few little hickups online ( probably cuz of latency drops )

Viper Rom was similar as renovate , little bit slower on all games , some FPS drops.

Rom speed: incredibly fast and smooth. Viper rom: Also much much faster then with stock kernel , cept loading times of apps was faster on Renovate Rom.

ok now Renovate and Viper Roms Kozmi kernel quad lock 1500 (for Quadrant and antutu 1550 dunno about Epic citadel) + gaming boost.

Quadrant scores: 3x of them = 1: 7234 , 2: 7329 , 3: 7385 ----- Viper Rom = 1: 6481 , 2: 6611 . 3: 6737
Antutu scores : 3x of them = 1: 15020 . 2: 15095 , 3: 15244 ----- Viper Rom = 1: 15248 , 2: 15201 3: 15111
Epic citadel high performance max res : 3x of them = scores 1: 51.9 , 2: 52.1 . 3 , 3: 52.1 ( pretty accurate bench ) Viper: 1: 49.8 , 2: 50.6 3: 51.0

Games:

NFSMW - Smooth all the time
MC4 - Smooth all the time
Shadowgun deadzone - Smooth all the time
Wild blood - Also smooth all the time online and single player

Rom speed - Renovate - like on steroids no lag ANYWHERE , loading times of apps faster then before , literally instantenious for the very 1st time even faster after that.
Viper -- Also much faster then before but still with slower loading times then renovate. I guess thats cuz Viper is uberly tweeked compared to Renovate , still they both improved ALOT compared to stock Kernel.

Battery life, i can't judge that since i was using each rom with kernels avarage 40 mins but i can say this , with full quad lock all the time and gaming boost i've lost 20% of battery in around 25minuts of runing benchs on both roms same. As for heet they both seem to be very stable about heet. After that i've done same tests each of them 2x while on charger and XM kernel overheated the phone with 55C , kozmi kernel stayed at 50C while same usage. Also i forgot to mention both kernels performed well with internet speed and stability , everything worked great , as for XM kernel i had to repack that one with each roms since it wouldn't boot otherwise, on the other hand with Kizmo kernel i didn't need repack it worked on both roms without it perfectly , and i must add with XM kernel for some reason i had less ram on both roms then with Kizmo , probably cuz of repack. Anyway like i said earlier we can consider Kizmo kernel as unified kernel , which means you can flash any sense rom without repacking it as long as you flash the modules after the rom flash.

Sorry for poor *review* lol , don't forget it could perform differently on your HoX then mine since none chip is the same and my hox is also variant 3. Anyway i hope this helped to those who were wondering about these 2 kernels
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Shan89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlueSingA
Old
Thanks Meter 179

DONATE TO ME
Try to use Geko's XM repack (check the 2nd post in Renovate thread) instead of online repack to eliminate any inconsistencies in ramdisk tweaks or anywhere else for that matters, my guess is Geko's further optimized it for the ROM. Think you can pull off better results with it than what you achieved with the same kernel. Not too sure but they might have repacked the KK specifically for Renovate as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSingA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 8th February 2013 at 11:59 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 13091
thx Shan awesome work

I was about to decide on XM actually and yes I needed repack, testing on stock ROM

XM repacked, has the advantage of s2w but missing deadline/io, UV, and maybe newer graphics drivers, its quad is unlocked scores 12fps in Egypt HD 1080p

KK no repack, main problem is cpu quiet whenever I touched using faux app the quad broke, so its a little unpredictable in its cores use (tested using glowball), it misses s2w, but has new graphics drivers, UV and deadline scheduler

maybe ur right kk is a little faster

also faux' app is interesting it allows to change the GPU governor and threshold, along other kernel features like UV

one thing for sure, one year later I can finally say the One X and its tegra 3 are unleashed, awesome performance, it have come a long way

geko95gek
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5714

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: HTC One X - Tegra 3 - Upcoming M7 - Mega Information Thread

Quote:
one thing for sure, one year later I can finally say the One X and its tegra 3 are unleashed, awesome performance, it have come a long way
And we have come a long way with it, now we can finally enjoy its performance top the fullest.

Spun out from a JELLIED and RENOVATED One X.
[HTC One M7/M8] Renovate Nightlies & Themes hosted by SoLdieR9312

|My Trance Mixes|

CURRENT DEVICES = HTC One M7 (Vivid Blue) / LG Nexus 4 16GB
PREVIOUS = HTC One X / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 / HTC Incredible S / HTC Desire HD

Code:
HTC One Vivid Blue with Firmware 5.11.401.10 (hboot 1.57, no red text mod!) running RenovateROM Sixth Sense 4.4.2 Nightly and Kangaroo Kernel 
LG Nexus 4 running AOKPK Daily and AK Kernel

HTC One X | RC FAQ sticky thread = HERE!! (please view it before posting questions!)

Turbotab
Old
(Last edited by Turbotab; 9th February 2013 at 12:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 832
Quote:
Yes it is but why the question?
Curious to know whether it was something locals actually said, or just tourists.

BTW, 2013 biggest shock will not be Tegra 4 , Snapdragon 600 / 800 etc, but Bay Trail, Intel's new 22nm Atom design, it is very good, apparently we'll hear more at MWC 2013
Dumb phones> Nokia E51 > iPhone 3GS > Orange San Francisco > Galaxy S > Galaxy S2 > Galaxy Note

Current: Lumia 710 & Nexus 7 & Nexus 4

@jomaKern

Shan89
Old
Thanks Meter 2322
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSingA View Post
Try to use Geko's XM repack (check the 2nd post in Renovate thread) instead of online repack to eliminate any inconsistencies in ramdisk tweaks or anywhere else for that matters, my guess is Geko's further optimized it for the ROM. Think you can pull off better results with it than what you achieved with the same kernel. Not too sure but they might have repacked the KK specifically for Renovate as well.
I've used the XM repacked kernel from Renovate thread , didn't repack it myself, for vipers testing i repacked it myself.

Quote:
thx Shan awesome work

I was about to decide on XM actually and yes I needed repack, testing on stock ROM

XM repacked, has the advantage of s2w but missing deadline/io, UV, and maybe newer graphics drivers, its quad is unlocked scores 12fps in Egypt HD 1080p

KK no repack, main problem is cpu quiet whenever I touched using faux app the quad broke, so its a little unpredictable in its cores use (tested using glowball), it misses s2w, but has new graphics drivers, UV and deadline scheduler

maybe ur right kk is a little faster

also faux' app is interesting it allows to change the GPU governor and threshold

Thx =) , i like to test things and can't wait for more advanced kernels this is just beggining ^.^, then sense 5 , Btw i don't think Kizmo is faster only cuz it allows 1550ghz , it's probably cuz of deadline sheduler. Although those extra 50ghz probably affected quadrant scores.

Maedhros
Old
(Last edited by Maedhros; 9th February 2013 at 12:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesr View Post
I would like that but its even more far fetched than Tegra4.

- Timeframe of 600 and 800 (Q2 and mid 2013 respectively). Talluri recent twitter talk.
- Antutu leaked benchmark score would be too low
- Rival flagship Optimus G Pro will use 600. Remember LG was the first to launch S4pro, they have been in a close collaboration with Qualcomm.
- Peter Chou showed a working M7 at year end party, meaning HTC had it pretty much finished (?).

So krait 300 is supposed to have the same performance of a vanilla A15 core at equivalent clocks?
Your right in that LG was the first to launch the S4Pro, however, HTC has been using Qualcomm CPUs for years.

That being said it is almost impossible that HTC will get a 800. Qualcomm would be alienating its other partners (namely sony and LG) who have recenltly launched their flagships with S4Pros.

EDIT:

If the M7 is the white phone render that has been floating around coupled with a snapdragon 600 I will seriously consider the device (despite it not holding a candle to E5). If the stars align and it has an 800, I will be picking up the device 100%.

Goku80
Old
Thanks Meter 6513
try DutchDanny's kernel..there you can adjust the gpu governor as well and see how well it runs

glen.ricky
Old
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Just want to share with you guys. Currently I'm using KozmiK kernel with UV -75 and everything is great! Very cool and blazing fast. You should try it. Using ARHD 18.1

Tags
htc one x, knowledge base, nvidia tegra 3, one x, performance, sense 4.x