Double Power DOPO M975 Root Help

Search This thread

blackholepcs

May 16, 2012
I recently recieved a Double Power M975 9" tablet as a gift. I have been unable to find any information regarding rooting this tablet.

I am not a total n00b, but rooting is not my forte. I can follow instructions and make logical connections well enough to do a root, but I am honestly at a loss for how to root this thing.

I don't know what all information is required for someone smarter than I to figure it out and relay the steps, but here's the basic info of the Tablet.

Double Power M975 (aka DOPO)
Android Version 4.04
Kernel 3.08+ (also says yuxg@yuxg-desktop #99, dunno if that's important)
Build Number A9 v01b
Internal Storage is 0.98Gb, with NAND Flash of 5.27Gb, and I have a 32Gb Micro SD card in it.
9" Screen

If anyone knows how to root this thing, or if you need more info, please let me know below.

Thanks in advance.

blackholepcs

May 16, 2012
Im having the same problem man

I'm actually surprised there isn't more info or already a guide for this specific tablet, as it's available at Walmart and online, it's cheap and is the best option in its price range for size and the fact that is has Google Play pre installed. It's not a powerhouse, to be sure, but it has been around long enough that I thought someone would know how to root it already. I just wish I knew enough about rooting Android to figure it out myself.

blackholepcs

May 16, 2012
bump

I'm still not having any luck finding any info on rooting this specific device, or even generic root for 4.04.

Last edited:

coldpint

Dec 4, 2012
bump

I'm still not having any luck finding any info on rooting this specific device, or even generic root for 4.04.

Was in the same boat as you, so did some poking around the past few days. Just managed to root my Double Power M-975.

First problem was getting ADB drivers installed for the tablet. I found baudi's pdf that did it for me (attached below). Followed that, until the actual rooting at the end. To root, I used SferaDev's Root Rk29 Toolkit (also attached).

Hope this works for you too!

Attachments

• How_did_I_root_my_Full_AOSP_Rk29sdk_Android_4.0.3-7inch-Tablet.pdf
    349.8 KB · Views: 4,380
  • Root_RK29_Tab_Toolkit_1.3.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 2,584

blackholepcs

May 16, 2012
Was in the same boat as you, so did some poking around the past few days. Just managed to root my Double Power M-975.

First problem was getting ADB drivers installed for the tablet. I found baudi's pdf that did it for me (attached below). Followed that, until the actual rooting at the end. To root, I used SferaDev's Root Rk29 Toolkit (also attached).

DUDE!!! Thank you so much! It totally worked!

For anyone who reads this, know that the linked .pdf is out of date. The majority of it is still valid, however the adb_usb.ini file does not exist. You will have to manually create it in the listed location (make sure to remove the .txt extension and make it an .ini) and the sdk manager file does not exist. You can access the sdk manager through eclipse.exe in the Eclipse folder.

Reactions: GalaxySmokes

deaver_92

Mar 21, 2011
Mountlake Terrace

This worked great! Thank you!! Now I have to figure out how to make a custom rom...

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

For anyone who reads this, know that the linked .pdf is out of date. The majority of it is still valid, however the adb_usb.ini file does not exist. You will have to manually create it in the listed location (make sure to remove the .txt extension and make it an .ini) and the sdk manager file does not exist. You can access the sdk manager through eclipse.exe in the Eclipse folder.

You must have downloaded the ADT Bundle. I did too the first time.

On the Android SDK website if you click "Download for other platforms" then under "SDK tools only" select the zip file for windows you will get the package referred to in the pdf.

I also had to go into device manager and manually update the driver via the method described in the pdf.

The more you know...

DanaDizane

Jan 21, 2013
Okay so how come I'm the only one not having any luck with this? I'm new to the whole rooting thing BTW...

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks so much for sharing this information! I just got my tablet today and I'm about to try this. My daughter has the 7" inch tablet by dopo and I'd like to find info. on how to root hers too. I've looked for months for this info. since we got hers.

Whew hoo! One thing's for sure, I can always come here to get the best android resources!

funzoneplanet

May 30, 2010
for ADB USB drivers for your computer, download: pdanet+

I was having problems with loading Android ADB USB drivers on my computer by way of methods found for this post but found that USB drivers loaded correctly when I installed PDAnet+ for the computer. So if you are having problems installing Android ADB USB drivers give pdanet+ a try

brandengrieme

May 12, 2011
dopo M975 Root!!!!

root unlock software free from web i used it took me about 30 secs to root still having prob with custom rom so if anybody has any ideas that would be great. download free run plug tablet in and hit root. unlockroot.com

Reactions: GalaxySmokes

chilorio

May 30, 2013
Problem with .ini file

Hi, I know u posted a while back. I tried this on my M975, but my PC doesn't install the driver; it says incorrect line on INI file :eek:. Would u be willing to post your INI so I can see if we got the same format? Also, could u please explain how u used the root kit to actually root? Thnx.

orangeisnon

Aug 4, 2013
Hey all.
I have a DOPO EM63 7" tab, and I'd like to share how I rooted it. I figure most of the DOPO devices will be the same.
1.) Install JDK, Android SDK (the zip file {choose download for other platforms}) and do everything else in steps 1-12 from the pdf in this thread.
2.) Go here (xda link) and do steps 2-11
3.) Laugh about how easy it was.
If anyone can't look at the pdf and other thread, I can post full steps.
It works. Out of every method I've tried, this one worked.
I have to add, some steps are outdated (ie. Step 7 from the link: just click "Root" on the pc screen)
And yes, the program is in Chinese - but it is easily understood (everything you need is in English)
Also, I don't know if the Moborobo program is necessary (seeing as we have drivers already) but it doesn't hurt to use it anyway.

mike102871

Feb 20, 2011
Motorola Edge 20
Hey all.
I have a DOPO EM63 7" tab, and I'd like to share how I rooted it. I figure most of the DOPO devices will be the same.
1.) Install JDK, Android SDK (the zip file {choose download for other platforms}) and do everything else in steps 1-12 from the pdf in this thread.
I have to add, some steps are outdated (ie. Step 7 from the link: just click "Root" on the pc screen)
And yes, the program is in Chinese - but it is easily understood (everything you need is in English)
Also, I don't know if the Moborobo program is necessary (seeing as we have drivers already) but it doesn't hurt to use it anyway.

Has anyone found a customs recovery for these dopo tablets or Roms? The 7" I got my Lil one last yr from walmart was rooted out of the box.

Reactions: foxsdaddy67

cstryon

Nov 22, 2011
Hey all.

I get to the step where I press root on the comp while it's open on my computer, an the program crashes and I fail to get root.....any clue?

EDIT: For those of you with a DOPO em63. It took a lot of research and digging, but I found an app called RootGenius. Very simple program, I ran it and it worked.
Here is the post, it's here on xda http://xdaforums.com/general/rooting-roms/howto-double-power-em63-7-4-2-2-t2811412/post54045765.

Oh happy day!

Last edited:

orangeisnon

Aug 4, 2013
EDIT: For those of you with a DOPO em63. It took a lot of research and digging, but I found an app called RootGenius. Very simple program, I ran it and it worked.
Here is the post, it's here on xda http://xdaforums.com/general/rooting-roms/howto-double-power-em63-7-4-2-2-t2811412/post54045765.
Oh happy day!

That's awesome! I actually cracked mine (a single tear rolls down my cheek) but a relative gave me hers, which is an identical model (tear dries up instantly), so I'll try this as soon as I can. Will let you all know what happens.
I'll check my build, too.
Thanks for the info!

EDIT: Please make that your signature ("Oh happy day!"). That would make me very happy.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bump

I recently recieved a Double Power M975 9" tablet as a gift. I have been unable to find any information regarding rooting this tablet.

I am not a total n00b, but rooting is not my forte. I can follow instructions and make logical connections well enough to do a root, but I am honestly at a loss for how to root this thing.

I don't know what all information is required for someone smarter than I to figure it out and relay the steps, but here's the basic info of the Tablet.

Double Power M975 (aka DOPO)
    Android Version 4.04
    Kernel 3.08+ (also says yuxg@yuxg-desktop #99, dunno if that's important)
    Build Number A9 v01b
    Internal Storage is 0.98Gb, with NAND Flash of 5.27Gb, and I have a 32Gb Micro SD card in it.
    9" Screen

If anyone knows how to root this thing, or if you need more info, please let me know below.

Thanks in advance.

This worked great! Thank you!! Now I have to figure out how to make a custom rom...

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

You must have downloaded the ADT Bundle. I did too the first time.

On the Android SDK website if you click "Download for other platforms" then under "SDK tools only" select the zip file for windows you will get the package referred to in the pdf.

I also had to go into device manager and manually update the driver via the method described in the pdf.

The more you know...
    for ADB USB drivers for your computer, download: pdanet+

I was having problems with loading Android ADB USB drivers on my computer by way of methods found for this post but found that USB drivers loaded correctly when I installed PDAnet+ for the computer. So if you are having problems installing Android ADB USB drivers give pdanet+ a try