XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Razr HD Cases

Tip us?

gio5660m
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faideelah View Post
XT926 is the Verizon version of the non Maxx HD.
Thanks, still confusing as package ended up saying xt926M yet seems to be the non Maxx as isn't too thick, didn't want to open at first but figured might as well and does indeed fit my xt925
heh, though doubles the thickness is on ebay as FULL BLACK IMPACT HARD CASE COVER KICKSTAND MOTOROLA DROID RAZR HD XT926 if anyone doesn't mind bulk

Mr. Jones
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Got the Androidified cases from Amazon. 12.90 per and buy two get one free.

Looks and feels great. Very happy with the purchase.

nerv666999
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Well finally got a hold of one of those Qmadix cases I posted about. I'll take some pics and write something up today

igreyf0xi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: Razr HD Cases

Have the bulkiest case possible, Trident Kraken. Saves it in so many ways from my destructive nature. Also the silicon case is on the inside and the shell outside so it doesn't stick to my pocket like my otter box did before.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using xda app-developers app

Ban-Hammer
Old
Thanks Meter 123

This doesn't help you guys out now, but the android central store had the incipio feather case for $17 for a daily deal. Will report back once I have a chance to try it out.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

Ban-Hammer
Old
Thanks Meter 123

Just got my hands on the incipio feather. Overall, I like it. It is ultra thin, I barely notice the extra 1mm. While the fit isn't super tight, the phone shouldn't fall out on its own. In terms of the material, it is a semi smooth finish. Its not nearly as grippy as the kevlar, but I should get used to it soon. Its fits nicely in the pocket and doesn't attract lint and crap. Also its a little easier to slide in and out of said pocket. All buttons and ports are open for business, however the volume rocker is a little more difficult with my fat thumbs. The SIM tray started to discolor and lose its finish, and it also sat crooked. This case hides that eye sore! Woohoo!

The box came with the case (gasp!) As well as a screen wipe, screen protector (that I did not apply) and either a sticker or a protector spreader, for removing naughty bubbles. I did not apply the protector, but it looks to be a run of the mill hard plastic one (I grew up on the Invisible Shield, but I'm using none at the moment).

Upon further inspection, the $17 deal I got appears to be a factory 2nd, as there is a slight blemish by the headphone jack, and where the sprue was trimmed after molding there is a little too much taken off. Besides that, the case is perfect. Besides, in 2 months I'm assuming this thing will be worn in enough to mask the one unsightly blemish.

I haven't had a lot of time to test it, but using the phone for various functions is still comfortable. This whole review has been typed on my device, and I don't feel any fatigue outside of normal use. I don't want to find out the shock resistance, but I'm sure its better than nothing.

Overall, I am very impressed. I recommend this shell to anyone who hates bulk, but wants to keep their phone from looking like it took a trip through a clothes dryer filled with bricks. Definitely worth the $17 I paid, still worth the $25 retail tag.

TL;DR:
Rating: 8/10
Good: comfortable, barely there fit. Finish doesn't attract lint. Easy to go in and out of pocket.
Bad: finish not as grippy as kevlar. Button holes could be just a smidge larger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Ban-Hammer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samwifi
Old
(Last edited by samwifi; 8th February 2013 at 01:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3

I bought the Seidio surface and don't like it at all. The kick stand makes a bump on the back of the case, so really its a bulky case. Why they had to create bulk with the surface case is just idiotic..

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

thanantos
Old
(Last edited by thanantos; 10th February 2013 at 06:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Any thoughts on the otterbox defender?

Majestic3
Old
Thanks Meter 7

Funny you said that, I just bought the otter box defender from Verizon for 52$ out the door and it makes a solid phone feel invincible, and it hardly added weight or thickness to the device. I'll proudly say otterbox is the way to go for pure dependability.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

thanantos
Old
Thanks Meter 0

Yup, I ended up buying one too. Great case. Phone is now almost indestructible.