Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Stock battery replacement

OP creative-2008

9th February 2013, 01:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

38 posts
My original Galaxy W has experienced some bloating and I am looking to replace it with an official Samsung battery. Their website does not stock any batteries for the Galaxy W.

A quick look on Google has turned up one on ebay for around £9. This is coming from the UK and looks to be an official Samsung battery. At the moment, it's probably the one that I will go for.

Does anybody have any experiences of shopping for official Samsung batteries? Especially in the UK.
9th February 2013, 01:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 93

278 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative-2008

My original Galaxy W has experienced some bloating and I am looking to replace it with an official Samsung battery. Their website does not stock any batteries for the Galaxy W.

A quick look on Google has turned up one on ebay for around £9. This is coming from the UK and looks to be an official Samsung battery. At the moment, it's probably the one that I will go for.

Does anybody have any experiences of shopping for official Samsung batteries? Especially in the UK.

You could also try Amazon they can be cheaper than ebay sometimes
9th February 2013, 01:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

38 posts
Thanks for the suggestion. The only official Samsung battery I can find on Amazon is £13. If it had a load of reviews I would probably consider it over the ebay option, in terms of trust, but it only has one review.
20th February 2013, 12:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 79

248 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative-2008

I am in the UK. I bought one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Or...item416979566a

It is definitely a genuine, original item. No hassle with the transaction and my phone is much happier now
(the only thing I did notice is that the new battery has an older date of manufacture than the one it was replacing - not that it has made any difference to how well it works)
22nd February 2013, 10:15 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 141

524 posts
the first time i bought samsung official battery about 4months ago at SSC the price is $4,,next day after i bought it my dog bite it,, after a week i bought a new one $6,,same SSC, different price and different person. i dunno why the price is different
11th March 2013, 12:35 PM   |  #6  
Flag Riga
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I`m interested in buying new battery too. But how can I know which battery is orriginal Samsung battery and which isn`t?
11th March 2013, 07:06 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 18

120 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoshLv

I`m interested in buying new battery too. But how can I know which battery is orriginal Samsung battery and which isn`t?

Skaties pēc ra˛otāj valstīm.
Un paskaties uz savu oficialo bateriju, saliidzini tāas.

Look at the company, which has made the battery and the design of it.
12th March 2013, 09:54 AM   |  #8  
Flag Riga

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madzix

Skaties pēc ra˛otāj valstīm.
Un paskaties uz savu oficialo bateriju, saliidzini tāas.

Look at the company, which has made the battery and the design of it.

Paldies.

Will do, thanks.
12th March 2013, 12:36 PM   |  #9  
Flag Riga

11 posts
Will be buying this one, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-EB...item46000e358e Seems legit, and seller has sold allready 428 of them.
12th March 2013, 05:37 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 18

120 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoshLv

Paldies.

Will do, thanks.

Nav par ko.
Anytime.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread