Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 49,927 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Diamondback: Check out the new 3.x Beta version with the all new script system

[IDE][3.6.30.14100] Virtuous Ten Studio - Advanced Reverse Engineering Solution

Tip us?

Diamondback
Old
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalzondabuzz View Post
hello sir..
any method to test apk's on AVD/emulator after compiling...??
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectSlayer View Post
You could use the adb push command setting to push the binary to your running avd. But I don't think there is a way to automatically start the application (due to various apk entry points).
The current version always tries to push to an USB device, so pushing to AVD won't work directly from VTS.
However, the next version improves this and gives you the ability to specify custom ADB flags (like -d, -e, -s), so you can easily configure it to push to your emulator.

Right now you can always just push it manually to the emulator via the command line.

Contact the Developer Committee with any questions or concerns regarding
the Recognized Developer program.
Mention my name with @Diamondback in any post to easily get my attention.
Please use BB Codes to format your posts.

varun.chitre15
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9,954
Default Re: [IDE] Virtuous Ten Studio - The next level of reverse engineering apps | 2.1.30.7

Hey DB, VTS has become my daily driver now and everything is so easy, fast and fluid with it

I wish to request a feature
Well I use the "Generate Java sources" too too often , so wouldn't it be great feature to generate java sources LIVE!?
For example if I change something in smali then it should show what's changed in java sources for the corresponding source file in REAL-TIME maybe in another tab?
Official CyanogenMod Maintainer

Like my work? Please consider a donation via Paypal

Introducing ThunderZap Works - My own website for all of my works

Contributions

Sony Xperia L (Official CM | Kernel | Kernel control app) / Samsung Galaxy S Advance: (Custom ROM | Kernel) / Micromax A110 (ROM | Kernel) / Xiaomi Mi3 (Unofficial CM)

The Following User Says Thank You to varun.chitre15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zalzondabuzz
Old
Thanks Meter 551

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [IDE] Virtuous Ten Studio - The next level of reverse engineering apps | 2.1.30.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
The current version always tries to push to an USB device, so pushing to AVD won't work directly from VTS.
However, the next version improves this and gives you the ability to specify custom ADB flags (like -d, -e, -s), so you can easily configure it to push to your emulator.

Right now you can always just push it manually to the emulator via the command line.
I allways do adb push and pull on vts...
Hope you can add an emulator on next ver. Cause that a problem if I wanna test without device..

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

PerfectSlayer
Old
Thanks Meter 59

Thanks you! I'm waiting for the update

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
[ LG Nexus 4 | SlimKat Weekly | TWRP 2.7.0.0 with USB OTG support]
[ Asus Nexus 7 | Stock KitKat | TWRP 2.6.3.1 ]
[ HTC Desire | CM10.1 VJ Jelly Bean 4.2.2 v6.3 | Mounts2SD | 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5RC8 | Stock HBOOT ]
The Following User Says Thank You to PerfectSlayer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zalzondabuzz
Old
Thanks Meter 551

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectSlayer View Post
Thanks you! I'm waiting for the update

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
I luv vts

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

knalto
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Finally I can post here and thank you personally for this absolutely great tool!

I hope I can help make this even better with two feature suggestions:
- The ability to use bookmarks in the open java source files. Sometimes I tend to get lost digging deep,..
- What would also be very helpful is a history-dropdown list in the Quick find field (as these searches don't show up in Search results Panel).

I'm off now buyng myself a license...
The Following User Says Thank You to knalto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Diamondback
Old
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by knalto View Post
Finally I can post here and thank you personally for this absolutely great tool!

I hope I can help make this even better with two feature suggestions:
- The ability to use bookmarks in the open java source files. Sometimes I tend to get lost digging deep,..
- What would also be very helpful is a history-dropdown list in the Quick find field (as these searches don't show up in Search results Panel).

I'm off now buyng myself a license...
I just implemented these two
Thanks for the ideas

Contact the Developer Committee with any questions or concerns regarding
the Recognized Developer program.
Mention my name with @Diamondback in any post to easily get my attention.
Please use BB Codes to format your posts.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

knalto
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
I just implemented these two
Thanks for the ideas
That's just great, thanks!

Juanig
Old
Thanks Meter 99
I had some problems while compiling and decompiling apks (Can't find java binary!) and I found the fix, hope it will help other people. It was simple: VTS is not working with 64 bits version of JRE...

Juanig
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
1) Support for decoding HTC's jpg files (world's first)

HTC's newer ROMs contain proprietary JPG files. These jpgs actually have transparency (yes jpg & transparency).
You can't edit these jpgs because once you do the transparency is gone and the images are all screwed.

In the next version VTS brings support for these jpgs, they get decompiled to proper png files so you can edit them. Once building the apk VTS automatically transforms the pngs back to jpgs.

Have a look at these comparisions: (left original jpg, right png, the red background is normally transparent, just added it for visibility reasons)

Now you can properly edit these images

What project type should I choose to decompile those kind of images? I tried apk and M10 project types but it didnīt work. Iīm trying to extract the battery image from HtcPowerManager.apk (attached).

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: apk HtcPowerManager.apk - [Click for QR Code] (645.4 KB, 7 views)

Tags
adb, all in one, apk, apk manager, apk multi tool, apktool, dex2jar, draw9patch, dsixda, ide, java, logcat, m10 files, m10 images, m10 tools, resources, sense, sense skins, smali, super powerful, syntax highlighting, theming, visual studio, vts, xml