Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,735 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RAZR m desktop dock mod

Tip us?

Coronado is dead
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Just did a mod on my Droid X dock. Hd to open it, remove the HDMI connection, and move the USB plug farther to the left. Unfortunately I can't fond a Droid 3 dock, but had 2 of these around

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dock.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	1704187  
The Following User Says Thank You to Coronado is dead For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

monstermanhbf
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I recently got a new Droid RAZR M and wanted to use a dock, quickly found out there were no real options but came across this thread on how to mod the Droid 3 dock, luckily I had one already, mod took all of 10 minutes.
Good stufff

CycleDoc
Old
(Last edited by CycleDoc; 24th March 2013 at 05:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Awesome, thanks for posting this info! Ordered a D3 dock, did the mod in no time, and it works great. In fact, the audio out via USB seems to sound better than the other options I was trying (through headphone jack or bluetooth to receiver). Exactly what I needed for a stereo dock solution.

cableghost
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitz_dv View Post
Attachment 1475175Found out that my DROID 3 dock works great with the RAZR M.
Great idea. I purchased and modded one. However, the dock doesn't seem to be charging my phone, even though it recognizes 'dock mode'. Is there some OS setting I must enable/disable to get the dock to charge my phone?

bitz_dv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Re: RAZR m desktop dock mod

Check the USB charger and cable and that you didn't dislodge anything in the dock, should just work. I also found that the D3 car dock works well too, only issue is pause audio on disconnect doesn't seem seem to work with docks.

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

audiomixman
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableghost View Post
Great idea. I purchased and modded one. However, the dock doesn't seem to be charging my phone, even though it recognizes 'dock mode'. Is there some OS setting I must enable/disable to get the dock to charge my phone?
It's not a setting that needs changing. Out of the 4 docks I modified, 2 give me a little trouble and I have to gently rock the phone back and forth a little bit to get charging to start. You may not have the USB connector quite "high" enough in the dock to seat correctly into the phone. Depending on the dock you modified, if it has an insert to compensate for extended batteries (like the Bionic docks did), try removing it.

furia94
Old
Thanks Meter 0
would the atrix 4g dock be compatible with razr m?
just ad a "w".
ww.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-ATRIX-4G-Standard-Desktop-Sync-Charging-Charger-Pod-Dock-Cradle-Stand-/310437063081?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&hash=it em48477da9a9
Thanks

TheAddler
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks bunches for the post. Just curious, I see a Droid 3 HD dock on amazon. Is that the right one? Just haven't seen anyone mention HD...

Thanks again!

Addler

bitz_dv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
That would be the dock. It's HD because of the HDMI out on the dock

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

drizzzzzz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default great

this is amazing, i had this same dock stored away (for what i thought was going to be forever). Thanks