Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] How to Unlock & Root & Recovery & Google Play for x920e Htc Butterfly

OP benzersizadam

11th February 2013, 01:53 AM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 938

2,431 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagedigital

At 1st it was semi-root..but I had modded the method from this thread with another thread instead...I only use this thread to install the open recovery and I used another thread(the one with the GUI tool) to root. So now I got my perm root and an english SuperSu

Can you link to the exact thread?
1st March 2013, 04:05 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
test
4th March 2013, 10:00 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Nice Guide!
4th March 2013, 01:16 PM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Very nice!
24th March 2013, 04:10 AM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 13

60 posts
yes
im going to try this tomorrow.
25th March 2013, 08:37 AM   |  #46  

1 posts
Deleted system application are auto restored after rebooting
Thanks for your sharing. I've completed the steps you provided, and I have install the google service package successfully.
But I got a problem now, below is my steps before my problems occurs. Kindly need your help to figure out what can I do.
1.Unlock the bootloader (HTC offically)
2.Flash recovery (openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.1-dlxu.img)
3.Flash root.zip by recovery (SuperSU V0.99)
4.Flash google packages (gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip) => google market/youtube/... works fine!
5.Delete some apps that I don't need from system/app: AlbumWall.apk/AlbumWall.odex/AliPayMSP.apk/AliPayMSP.odex/...
6.Reboot devices
7.Delete the camera apk for a mistake, and I do factory data reset in the setting page.(In order to resotre camera apk)
===================================
8.After step 7, every time I reboots the device, a application upgrading process is executed once. And the application AlbumWall.apk/AlbumWall.odex/AliPayMSP.apk/AliPayMSP.odex/.. I deleted in system/app are all restored back to the device.
PS. The application upgrading process is after HTC booting splash, a message box displayed(see attached files).

Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks.
Last edited by hsnu_976; 25th March 2013 at 03:56 PM.
6th May 2013, 01:00 PM   |  #47  

1 posts
can you please updates the gapps file. the link is dead.
Thanks
6th May 2013, 11:11 PM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
It worked, thanks so much
Hey guys just want to let you know that this thread was VERY helpful. Though I had to switch between my mac and windows for rooting/flashing/ recovery lol This was my first device that I've tried rooting and it worked wonderfully. If any of you have any questions I'll be glad to answer them due to the hour and half of grinding the internet for cmd and terminal access HAHA
30th June 2013, 07:29 AM   |  #49  
Phnom Penh
Thanks Meter: 42

657 posts
Any solutions so far?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsnu_976

Thanks for your sharing. I've completed the steps you provided, and I have install the google service package successfully.
But I got a problem now, below is my steps before my problems occurs. Kindly need your help to figure out what can I do.
1.Unlock the bootloader (HTC offically)
2.Flash recovery (openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.1-dlxu.img)
3.Flash root.zip by recovery (SuperSU V0.99)
4.Flash google packages (gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip) => google market/youtube/... works fine!
5.Delete some apps that I don't need from system/app: AlbumWall.apk/AlbumWall.odex/AliPayMSP.apk/AliPayMSP.odex/...
6.Reboot devices
7.Delete the camera apk for a mistake, and I do factory data reset in the setting page.(In order to resotre camera apk)
===================================
8.After step 7, every time I reboots the device, a application upgrading process is executed once. And the application AlbumWall.apk/AlbumWall.odex/AliPayMSP.apk/AliPayMSP.odex/.. I deleted in system/app are all restored back to the device.
PS. The application upgrading process is after HTC booting splash, a message box displayed(see attached files).

Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks.

Anybody has solution so far? Really boring with the auto set up chinese app as those are not useful.
2nd July 2013, 08:09 AM   |  #50  

4 posts
thanks for sharing. gj

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread