uploadfromtaptalk1360803650220.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 219
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360803667359.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360803667359.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 216

theAPANT

Feb 26, 2012
Theming

I made a tutorial on how to install apktool and java jdk, and how to use those to theme the status bar. The tutorial is for linux users, although you can probably tweak it for Windows or OSX. I hope this is helpful to someone. Enjoy!

Setting up Apktool: Here
Theming the Clock: Here

CooLoL1999

Jun 27, 2012
V E G A S !
My Extremely Simple Home screen!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361683153005.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361683153005.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 168

Bloodflame

Jul 9, 2010
Brantford, ON
www.bloodflame.ca
Wow that looks so amazing. I can't get over how clean it looks lol.

It's based off this, which was designed for the Nexus 4 with Nova Launcher, but I had to do a lot of modifications in Photoshop to make it work for our lower resolution device and with Apex Launcher instead. I also wanted a third row of apps, and didn't want the navbar, so I think it worked out well :)

det0xx

Jul 14, 2012
Riverside
It's based off this, which was designed for the Nexus 4 with Nova Launcher, but I had to do a lot of modifications in Photoshop to make it work for our lower resolution device and with Apex Launcher instead. I also wanted a third row of apps, and didn't want the navbar, so I think it worked out well :)

Are you one of the graphic guys for insomnia?

Bloodflame

Jul 9, 2010
Brantford, ON
www.bloodflame.ca
Are you one of the graphic guys for insomnia?
Yup. He is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

:good: I've done a few little things, such as some boot animations, forum signatures, and some OP gfx. My personal life has been getting pretty busy recently, however, so I'm not sure if I'll be getting much time to contribute more. Maybe some little stuff here and there, but we'll see what happens. I'm also in the market for a new phone (leaning towards the Nexus 4) so my time with the Exhibit may be coming to an end in the very near future.

And to keep on topic here, I did a little update to my last homescreen. Finally got around to buying the Minimal MIUI icons (I haven't had time to create matching icons for the apps I use which aren't included, so I just used others that seemed to fit), and made a few other minor sizing adjustments. Now it's even cleaner looking than before! And fyi, for anyone looking to get inspiration/resources for some amazing homescreen layouts, I highly recommend checking out MyColorScreen. They even have an app (kinda buggy and data hungry, however)

Topfv4Y.png

I like the idea of having weather and email notifications like the original it's based off, but instead I decided to make the top part a link (ie, invisible Zooper Widget shortcut) to a local webpage that displays my business card (size perfectly to the screen, of course, and has all the dynamic elements you'd expect in a digital business card). :)

Last edited:

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
The latest using Crystal CM 10 theme (wallpaper not included):

BTW looks like Bloodflame is the latest to jump ship. Enjoy your new Nexus!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-17-21-42-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-17-21-42-30.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 118

Bloodflame

Jul 9, 2010
Brantford, ON
www.bloodflame.ca
The latest using Crystal CM 10 theme (wallpaper not included):

BTW looks like Bloodflame is the latest to jump ship. Enjoy your new Nexus!

Thanks! I still have my Exhibit (as a paperweight, and collecting dust :laugh:) but yeah, I've been eagerly waiting to get a higher end phone. The timing just hasn't been right until now. I'll still keep an eye on this end of the forum once in a while to see how things are going and if there are any new ways I could potentially kill the Exhibit for good (anyone want to build me a special 3ghz overvolted kernel? :cyclops:)

But yeah, the N4 is great! Even with the recent Galaxy S4 announcement and other nice 1080p devices coming out, I've never quite enjoyed anything more than a Nexus in the past. The N1 and NS were two of my favourite past devices, so it only made sense to go this route. I was highly considering the Optimus G Pro as well, but just couldn't wait any longer.

But anyway, the SGE4G was fun. Often annoying (damn lack of RAM), but still fun. The developers here have been amazing, and I know I would've jumped ship much sooner without them. Samsung may have forgot about this device pretty quickly, and I can't say I blame them either, but it's people like arco, jocala, camcory, smartguy, and a bunch of others who have kept this phone alive and kicking.

Cheers! :cowboy:

Reactions: hatememarkz

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
But anyway, the SGE4G was fun. Often annoying (damn lack of RAM), but still fun. The developers here have been amazing, and I know I would've jumped ship much sooner without them. Samsung may have forgot about this device pretty quickly, and I can't say I blame them either, but it's people like arco, jocala, camcory, smartguy, and a bunch of others who have kept this phone alive and kicking.

Cheers! :cowboy:

Amen to that!

Reactions: hatememarkz

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix
Im jumping ship here soon as well, as much as I live this little paper weight and community, the day the s4 is out in going for it. Its got quite a nice package, not to mention T-Mobile has started rolling out lte so who knows maybe s4 might come with that ready to go

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please read the entire OP before posting!

7tnYH.jpg

This thread is for sharing screenshots of your homescreen setups or other various customizations you've done to your Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G.

Use the code below when making your post to keep this thread consistant and easy to follow. Include as many details as possible to ensure this thread isn't flooded with questions that could be easily answered before they're even asked.

PHP:
    [IMG]link to screenshot[/IMG]

[LIST]

[*][B]ROM:[/B] ROM + version/build

[*][B]Launcher:[/B] Title with link

[*][B]Wallpaper:[/B] Link only (please, no image tags!)

[*][B]Widgets:[/B] Titles with links

[*][B]Additional details:[/B] ThemeChooser themes, launcher skins, icon packs, etc. This field is optional, in case more info is required.  Otherwise, you can just remove this line completely.

[/LIST]

Obviously, I am unable to moderate this thread, but I'd like it to remain as clean and concise as possible. With that in mind, please follow the thread etiquitte as described below.

Thread Etiquitte
    • If you use any resources posted by another member, do them a favour by clicking the thanks button on their post. Please refrain from thanking in subsequent posts; the button is sufficient. This is to prevent unneccessary clutter in the thread.
    • Please limit your posts to a maximum of three screenshots. I believe in the old saying, "less is more" so even just one screenshot is preferred. Up to three is fine primarily when showing how one compliments the other. Also, only provide a URL to your wallpapers rather than embed them in image tags. There's going to be a lot of images on each page as it is, so this is to reduce long loading times as much as it's to keep the thread looking cleaner.
    • Many people get annoyed when seeing the same image many times in the same thread, so if you're going to quote someone's post, please replace the image tags with URL tags. Once again, this will make the thread more enjoyable to view. By using URL tags, the images can still be viewed to give context to a reply, but without the added mess. Make sense?
    • Yes, it's difficult not having our own device forum, and for that reason, I've noticed off-topic discussion is a bit more relaxed in our various ROM threads because we simply have nowhere else to do it. Some level of discussion is okay here, but don't let it become too excessive. Please use PM's if carrying on a conversation one-on-one.
    • Contribute! The main goal of this thread is inspiration through contribution. What makes every community thrive is the sharing of useful information, ideas, and in our case, screenshots (along with details of how we acheived our customizations). By sharing your creativity, you will inspire others, and they will be able to share their remix of a combination of those ideas, layouts, widgets, etc. Essentially, that makes it an ongoing circle. The level of customization is only as limited as your imagination, and that's what makes Android so unique. So get creative and show us what you've got!

Useful Information
    • Image hosting services: imgur, TinyPic, ImageShack, postimage.org, ImageBam, and more (but please avoid PhotoBucket).
    • How to take a screenshot: This will vary in each ROM you use. Android added native screenshot functionality in Ice Cream Sandwich, so anything 4.0+ is as easy as pressing Volume Down + Power for 2 seconds. Many ROMs also have a screenshot button in the power down menu. In any case, you can search the Google Play Store to find a suitable screenshot app if you have any issues. Note: most screenshot apps require root on any device running Gingerbread or older.
    • ONLY POST APPROPRIATE IMAGES! Nudity is not allowed on XDA. A better way to say it is to only post what you would actually consider putting on the wall of your home for all your friends and family to see. And if you're seriously considering putting Android screenshots on the walls of your home, you're obsessed. Seek medical attention immediately (but don't look at the walls of my house...just sayin')
    I'll get the ball rolling :)

CPtQb.jpg

One more thing, the wallpaper used in the OP is Deep Cove taken by me.
    Rom- cm10.1
    Launcher- nova pro
    Theme- frosty

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda premium
    It has been clean

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

wow looks like i neea different setup since some people are retarded

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

A new one for the children

Screenshot_2012-12-26-18-35-34.png

Svetius said we should have a device forum by next week!
    Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2