Hello everyone. I have a question for you. What was the first phone you rooted?

Search This thread

mcasas6969

Feb 8, 2011
Lg optimus s. What made me do it was when sprint had an update that broke the hotspot. It was by far way harder to root than the sgs3. I had to install sdk so I could use adb to root. But rooting made that one awesome little phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

magicwands

Nov 10, 2009
HTC Hero, was a crack flasher back then. Bought on launch day and was so pumped when the root came out. Found memories, things have changed so fast. Now on my fourth Android phone and loved them all.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

csmasn

Sep 17, 2011
That thing...

Sent from my SPH-L710

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360386615830.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360386615830.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 177

Qwallace70129

Feb 2, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Samsung Moment. Rooted it maybe 6 months in....and i lived on SDX developers tha whole time after that. I kept that phone for a full 2 years before I upgraded to the OG Epic4g. That thing was rooted within an hour...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Reactions: dannyboyex

GiantJay

Jul 2, 2012
Omaha, NE
Epic 4g touch. I am kind of appreciative for the emmc bug, it helped teach me good flashing habits and to learn about what I was doing before I did it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dannyboyex

Oct 16, 2010
Samsung Moment a few weeks in. Rooted every phone I've had since.

alaman68

Nov 20, 2010
drinking under a bridge
Og Evo. Wanted to watch hulu and rooting was the only way. Took two months of research and one night with a bottle of tequila for bravery.

All that for unrevoked one click

iBustCh3rries

Jan 6, 2010
T-Mobile G1 I had to have the cupcake update and TMO was taking way to long to push it out. I don't even remember who cooked up the ROM but it was pretty buggy. I eventually bricked trying to flash a sense ROM with the wrong radio.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mjben

I had an Epic 4G.

That Epic 4G was solid, and I learned that I could do almost anything to it and always brig it back to life.

Now it's my 4 year old daughter's toy. It would probably be her favorite toy if her grandpa hadn't bought her a Nabi for Christmas.

sent from a secret underground bunker

lookout4theyeti

Feb 7, 2009
G1. Man that takes me back. Remember the first jesusfreak roms? That's what everyone ran.

Since then ive had an og evo, nexus s, epic 4g touch, galaxy nexus, iphone 4s lol, evo lte and now my s3.

All have been rooted except I did not jailbreak the iphone.

downbond

Jul 8, 2010
Samsung Moment courtesy of SDX-Developers. If I recall correctly, I went from cupcake to a leaked version of Eclair before the official release and then we got a ported version of FroYo. I thought I was hot **** with my live wallpaper. I had a love-hate relationship with that phone. Many times I wanted to throw it against the wall or out the window of a moving car. Bottom line is I learned a lot from that phone and the good people over at SDX.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Took me a couple months to build up the courage to do it, but it started with an HTC Hero... And then every phone I could get my hands on after it. Everyone's phone. Nothing is safe around me. Turn your back and you'll be wondering what that SU app is.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
    LG Optimus S. Unfortunately the roms where never quite right. So now I stick with stock rooted. Hey, it's a great os.

Sent from my SPH-L710 running 4.1.2 (MB1)
    Samsung Moment... Sadly every single rom had bugs though so it wasn't much better than stock

Samsung Moment courtesy of SDX-Developers. If I recall correctly, I went from cupcake to a leaked version of Eclair before the official release and then we got a ported version of FroYo. I thought I was hot **** with my live wallpaper. I had a love-hate relationship with that phone. Many times I wanted to throw it against the wall or out the window of a moving car. Bottom line is I learned a lot from that phone and the good people over at SDX.

OG evo rooted with unrevoked one click:)