Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,584 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Root][Working 10.3.1]Kindle Fire 2 Root made easy

Tip us?

xerxes76
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulavasey View Post
I've done it, my Kindle is rooted. I used the drivers from the SDK. After that, it was just a case of moving the folders to the C: drive, and following the process as listed. I did make a mistake, whereby I copied just one Qemu file to the C: drive instead of the folder, so when I tried to navigate to the Qemu using the CD ..\qemu command, the computer couldn't find the folder. This left my Kindle semi-bricked, in that the screen flickered and became semi-responsive. I reset the Kindle, sorted out the Qemu folder correctly and everything went swimmingly from there. I haven't changed the rom,or put Google Play on it yet, as I am short of time, but I will look into that at later.
I think it's always the best to use the SDK drivers. Anything else is wasted time. I recently tried about 30 minutes around under Windows XP for only to find out that the drivers doesn't work under Windows XP. I did it then under Linux with Android SDK in about 5 minutes. I had to enter all adb commands by hand, but I think this is much better than running some kind of script which doesn't show error messages in case they occur.

Windows with it's driver design is absolutely crap for this work.
The Following User Says Thank You to xerxes76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blacuda
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have a serious problem. I downloaded bin4ry's tool but I can't extract it even after much troubleshooting, I need help.

chronicfathead
Old
Thanks Meter 168

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Root][Working 10.2.4]Kindle Fire 2 Root made easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacuda View Post
I have a serious problem. I downloaded bin4ry's tool but I can't extract it even after much troubleshooting, I need help.
Try downloading it again.
Install 7-zip.
Try again.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using Tapatalk HD

blacuda
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicfathead View Post
Try downloading it again.
Install 7-zip.
Try again.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using Tapatalk HD
I tried downloading it multiple times and from different internet sources. different computers even and I did a freshinstall of 7zip. also on my galaxy s3 it's file explorers couldnt extract it either(and I did this all before my last post)

innerspace
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default issues

Hi OP - I seem to have created a nightmare. I initially rooted my nieces Kindle shortly after christmas with no issues whatsoever using your guide. Shortly thereafter Amazon released an update that overwrote my changes (why oh why didn't i kill otacerts) and she returned it to me to re-mod. My second attempt was cut short - I hadn't made the contents of Bin4ry or Qemu folders executable and was running into permission denied errors when attempting to execute adb from within the script... after i realized my failure and got access to the device again (tonight) I again attempted to execute the scripts... and bumped into a new troublesome issue... I executed Bin4ry's script and the device rebooted when expected, albeit slowly. I then got to the point where the kindle was flickering the script asked me to unlock the device, which i could do, though responsiveness was slow, and hung on the message saying 'waiting for device to reappear'... it stayed here for well over 20 minutes. I ended up CTRL-C ing that window and tried to find the device using adb devices, but adb was non-responsive. adb kill-server hung as well, so i rebooted my PC and tried adb devices, the kindle is visible (yay!) and i can gain access to the shell, however, and here's my problem, whenever I plug the Kindle into my PC and launch adb shell my PC freezes and I have to power-off and restart. Every time, no matter what. The kindle is half-way rooted (maybe less) and in a non-operable state... and I can't seem to keep my OS stable long enough to finish... what is going on here? I have to take her home now, am thinking I should try and run the Bin4ry script again but am concerned that my PC may freeze again...

I am updating the SDK as I type, hoping someone more comfortable with the kindles can chime in and lend me some direction, this thing makes me nervous.

please/thank you.

ps - ubuntu 12.10 32bit
1 x G1
2 x Sensation
G-Slate
2 x Galaxy Nexus w/ PA4
1 x Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7"

ursulavasey
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Hi guys.

I rooted using this method, and I have both Superuser and SU installed. The problem I am now having is that I can't get the Kindle properly recognised on KFU. It shows the adb as on, but the bootmode won't change, no matter what I do. This means I can't install any recovery, install a rom, etc. I got new launchers running OK, and Google Play is working; it is just the bootmode that is problematic for me. Have you any suggestions?

zuke66
Old
Thanks Meter 0

Will this work on Kindle Fire HD 7 inch? I like the app I did two Kindle Fire 2 with it. made it very easy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

dedolini_xda
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Almost bricked my Fire

Dear all,

Following nicely written guides here I managed to root my kindle. Trouble started later.

When I was just about to replace bootloader with fff instead of setting bootmode to 4002 I set it to 2 and rebooted.
What I have now is a screen saying

IP = 192.168.101.101
DIV = KC1A3A04-20120809
SN = SOMESERIALNO
MAC = SOMEMACADDR
BATTERY=100
BMID=SwE
TOUCH FVER= 10.2.6.0

I can see the device in Windows device manager as Android ADB Interface, but neither adb nor fastboot can comunicate with device.
I do not own factory cable. Did I manage to brick the kindle?

Thank you and forgive my english

dyson77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
having a issue rooting my KF2.
Installed -Bin4ry's Root and seemed to do ok
I now have a superuser icon on my kindle
but when installing -QemuRoot
I get errors saying its a read only disk error writing to SD card

I went through and tried several times and had the same issue.
i am assuming its rooted because the icon is there.
but I cant go to the amazon app store and download root checker because i have a bad esn

i am using a standard usb cable i do have a factory cable on order but don't have it yet

Sherrillface
Old
Thanks Meter 11

Mine is doing same thing don't know I'm trying an factory update bin now ill let you know if it works

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app