Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[IDE][3.6.30.14100] Virtuous Ten Studio - Advanced Reverse Engineering Solution

OP Diamondback

Announcement from Diamondback: VTS has its own support area now. Check it out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/virtuous-ten-studio
11th February 2013, 05:40 PM   |  #1151  
OP Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,472

4,493 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanig

What project type should I choose to decompile those kind of images? I tried apk and M10 project types but it didn´t work. I´m trying to extract the battery image from HtcPowerManager.apk (attached).

Thanks in advance.

Apk project is the right one for the HTC jpgs. I'll have a look at your apk.

In the meantime: I'm about to release the next update.
Go ahead and read about the new features here: (as always, huge thanks to Dunc!)
What's new in 2.2.11
The Following User Says Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2013, 05:56 PM   |  #1152  
Thanks Meter: 523

1,792 posts
More
I really like VTS now that I got it to work. The ability to generate Java code from the smali is excellent.

The thing I ran into was that I was running in a VM as I don't use Windows as my main OS. Under vmware it kept using directories like \\vmware-host\shared\apktool. Which didn't exist, and couldn't be created as that's a placeholder for shared folders. I had to create a new share named "apktool" to get it to run. Could you consider adding an option to set a "home" path that is used exactly, without any expansion etc.. So I could tell it to use something on C: for everything and never have it try that? It would make life a LOT simpler for VM users. I could set the project directories and such, but couldn't seem to get apktool to avoid that directory.

I had an issue with Touchwiz system apps not finding resources. Will the multi-framework feature in the new update fix that? Seems like it wants to be able to use framework-res and twframework...
The Following User Says Thank You to ttabbal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2013, 06:32 PM   |  #1153  

4,493 posts
More
Quote:

What project type should I choose to decompile those kind of images? I tried apk and M10 project types but it didn´t work. I´m trying to extract the battery image from HtcPowerManager.apk (attached).

Thanks in advance.

Okay, just tried, worked fine for me. Here's a screenshot of the images:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10460451/VTS/JGIFs.PNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttabbal

I really like VTS now that I got it to work. The ability to generate Java code from the smali is excellent.

The thing I ran into was that I was running in a VM as I don't use Windows as my main OS. Under vmware it kept using directories like \\vmware-host\shared\apktool. Which didn't exist, and couldn't be created as that's a placeholder for shared folders. I had to create a new share named "apktool" to get it to run. Could you consider adding an option to set a "home" path that is used exactly, without any expansion etc.. So I could tell it to use something on C: for everything and never have it try that? It would make life a LOT simpler for VM users. I could set the project directories and such, but couldn't seem to get apktool to avoid that directory.

I had an issue with Touchwiz system apps not finding resources. Will the multi-framework feature in the new update fix that? Seems like it wants to be able to use framework-res and twframework...

I am really not sure what's the issue with VMs. What contained these shared folders? (framework apks maybe?) What else besides that apktool folder?

Concerning the Touchwiz thing. Did you actually add ALL framework apks from your ROM (with the same tag)? (current HTC ROMs have 5 or more).
The new feature isn't something new, it just makes it a lot easier to add multiple frameworks with the same tag.
11th February 2013, 07:38 PM   |  #1154  

4,493 posts
More
Okay everyone, VTS 2.2.11.8210 has been released via OTA and setup file.
Download via the internal updater or:
http://www.virtuous-ten-studio.com/index.php/downloads

What's new article
Full changelog
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2013, 08:05 PM   |  #1155  
Flag Västervik
Thanks Meter: 207

390 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback

What's new article
Full changelog

Great!! I really want to test it out, does anyone had any success with running it in Wine? I'm thinking of reinstall Windows only for this software
11th February 2013, 09:19 PM   |  #1156  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 108

272 posts
More
Quote:

Okay, just tried, worked fine for me. Here's a screenshot of the images:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10460451/VTS/JGIFs.PNG

Tried again (in 3 different computers) and didn't work, What am I doing wrong? Log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Debug.txt - [Click for QR Code] (19.2 KB, 1 views)
11th February 2013, 09:39 PM   |  #1157  

4,493 posts
More
Quote:

Tried again (in 3 different computers) and didn't work, What am I doing wrong? Log attached.

Quote:

20:30:20.737: [Error] - ApkTool.DecompileApk: 'ApkTool: Can't find framework resources for package of id: 2. You must install proper framework files, see project website for more info.'

That's what you are doing wrong :P
If the actual import fails, VTS won't touch the HTC jpgs, so they are left in their jpg form.
Add the required framework(s) with a tag, select this tag in the project settings and import the apk again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2013, 10:10 PM   |  #1158  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 108

272 posts
More
Quote:

That's what you are doing wrong :P
If the actual import fails, VTS won't touch the HTC jpgs, so they are left in their jpg form.
Add the required framework(s) with a tag, select this tag in the project settings and import the apk again.

It worked! thanks a lot!
11th February 2013, 11:20 PM   |  #1159  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 4,071

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What's new article
Full changelog

Fantastic feature set, great user support and always willing to entertain new feature requests.

Thanks guys:

Confirmation number: 0GB69290PD223553N
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fisha21 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2013, 02:59 AM   |  #1160  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 556

566 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up THANKS!
thx...
adb push/ adb install to emolulator working damn good..!!
I Love VIRTUOUS....!!

The Following User Says Thank You to zalzondabuzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, all in one, apk, apk manager, apk multi tool, apktool, dex2jar, draw9patch, dsixda, ide, java, logcat, m10 files, m10 images, m10 tools, resources, sense, sense skins, smali, super powerful, syntax highlighting, theming, visual studio, vts, xml
Previous Thread Next Thread