Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,911 Members 49,870 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[app] KF Boot Animations

Tip us?

prokennexusa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 951

DONATE TO ME
Prompt How To Fix Boot Animations ★ root When It Does Not Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katalystik View Post
Could it be because i havent moved the apk to the system/app folder and changed permissions?

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app
Katalystik,

We wanted to plug in here for a moment. Sometimes, without rhyme or reason when you have an App that suddenly stops or will not initialize we have found moving it to /system/app solves the problem 90% of the time. Be sure to change the permissions to User: Read Write | Group: Read and Others: Read.

The other 5% of the problems are cleared by:

1. Going to More+ Applications > Installed Applications
2. Find Boot Animations ★ root and clear the Data
3. Reboot

The last 5% need:

3. Move Boot Animations ★ root from /data/app to /system/app
4. Change the permissions to User: Read Write | Group: Read and Others: Read
5. Reboot, wait 3 minutes for everything to initialize
6. Open Boot Animations ★ root
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)

The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!

Katalystik
Old
(Last edited by Katalystik; 11th February 2013 at 04:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Default Re: [app] KF Boot Animations

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
Katalystik,

We wanted to plug in here for a moment. Sometimes, without rhyme or reason when you have an App that suddenly stops or will not initialize we have found moving it to /system/app solves the problem 90% of the time. Be sure to change the permissions to User: Read Write | Group: Read and Others: Read.

The other 5% of the problems are cleared by:

3. Reboot

The last 5% need:

3. Move Boot Animations ★ root from /data/app to /system/app
4. Change the permissions to User: Read Write | Group: Read and Others: Read
5. Reboot, wait 3 minutes for everything to initialize
6. Open Boot Animations ★ root
I apologise, I should have explained my problem more clearly. Before I moved the app it was working fine. I could open it and select a local or server file to use. I chose local and selected a boot animation.zip from /sdcard using the cyanogen 10.1 vertical 800 file as per the OP. I rebooted using the option at the top.

What I was greeted with was the orange kf logo, non animated, and which hung there for 20-30 seconds before dimming, and then getting the kindle is upgrading message. It would then boot into nova as normal. No animated kf logo, no custom animation and no animation at all. On a few occasions, before the kf logo dims and before the kindle is upgrading message I get what u would call a brick screen (looks like digital static) which was scary when I first saw it but it still boots correctly.

Now would be the right time to say I have persons tweak pack installed, i have read somewhere that with the tweaks it boots too fast for the animation to display. This is a shame if true. Is there anyway to get both working if so as I'd rather not lose my boot animation or persons tweaks as they rock my kindle.

Kata

Krsmqn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 191
Default Re: [app] KF Boot Animations

Quote:
I apologise, I should have explained my problem more clearly. Before I moved the app it was working fine. I could open it and select a local or server file to use. I chose local and selected a boot animation.zip from /sdcard using the cyanogen 10.1 vertical 800 file as per the OP. I rebooted using the option at the top.

What I was greeted with was the orange kf logo, non animated, and which hung there for 20-30 seconds before dimming, and then getting the kindle is upgrading message. It would then boot into nova as normal. No animated kf logo, no custom animation and no animation at all. On a few occasions, before the kf logo dims and before the kindle is upgrading message I get what u would call a brick screen (looks like digital static) which was scary when I first saw it but it still boots correctly.

Now would be the right time to say I have persons tweak pack installed, i have read somewhere that with the tweaks it boots too fast for the animation to display. This is a shame if true. Is there anyway to get both working if so as I'd rather not lose my boot animation or persons tweaks as they rock my kindle.

Kata
Go back to the Parsons tweak's thread, there may be something posted by another user that could help you.

For anyone else, this should work fine.
Do you own a ZTE Source? If so, visit the ZTE Source thread!

Is your Kindle bricked? Visit the Kindle Fire First Aide thread. Get a SkOrPn Factory Cable.

prokennexusa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 951

DONATE TO ME
Tablet [BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

Quote:

Kata
Katalystik,

Please carefully make a copy of your build.prop and post it in our Backup and Recovery thread here:

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

We will get your Boot animation back. When you post the build.prop, please give us details on how you would like the boot animation to display when booting your Kindle.
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)

The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!