Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

For a Heavy duty case..

Tip us?

jbatacan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default For a Heavy duty case..

Look no further then the Ballistic SG case for our HOX.

First off, the quality feel of this case, just blows away the Otterbox cases (both of them) and anything else that touts itself as a rugged case. The silicone is reminiscent of the stuff seidio uses, and it shows when people pick up my phone! The stuff is not flimsy like the OB commuter case is, so it fits and goes together with much less fuss, and allows it to have those signature ballistic corners to give some needed shock protection.

Its outer layer is a little different, made up of 2 layers, one being a gel outside, and the plastic casing inside. The plastic fit well, and had no burrs or anything on it, and the gel outer pad was neither too smooth or too sticky, giving it a really premium feel, and some additional protection. Also a big plus for us guys, it slides in and out of your pocket without grabbing a handful of cloth and dust on the way out. While it attracts a little bit, it blows right off with no problem.

Over all, i came away really impressed by the fit and finish, and while i have yet to test its true protection, if the materials are any sign, i think i am going to be well covered. And on top of that, its nearly half the price of the otterboxes at around 20 bucks on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Ballistic-SG08...ne+x+ballistic

This is the one i ordered. Anyhow, if your in the market for a tough case and dont mind a SLIGHT additional bulk, this case does it without breaking the bank! Hope this helps with some case decisions!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbatacan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshua54
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
This case has saved my phone coy.bless times and still looks almost new I love it and the best part is it will fit the one x+!

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Dramamoose
Old
Thanks Meter 4
After my first one x lost a perfectly good screen due to my clumsiness, I got one of these. Since then I've abused it and had no problems. One of my favorite features is that on the front, in addition to having a plastic lip to prevent your screen from hitting the ground directly, the rubber corners protrude further out. This allows me to put the phone face down and it won't move in addition to providing extra padding when my phone face plants.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

GolfFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This case is very durable and looks good too! Highly recommended

KungPow90
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Thinking of getting one of these. Friend had one for his Nexus S and was awesome. Cheapest place to get one would be... eBay?

GolfFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: For a Heavy duty case..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008FD...8-3%CF%80=SL75

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

y0yerrj0sh
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Thats a really nice case, good find.

KitWasHere
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I can vouch for this case. Had a Ballistic on my last phone, and I made sure to buy another for my HOX.
Not too thick, but still feels sturdy. I've dropped this phone down too many staircases to remember and not a thing happened

Greygollum
Old
(Last edited by Greygollum; 12th February 2013 at 04:29 AM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 5
Default otter box has worked well for me

I have been using the Otter Box Commuter Case and its done very well. The phone has taken some incredibly hard hits with it and come up unscathed. The only issue I've had with it is removing and re-installing the case. It can be a pain in the ass to do either, but if you don't plan on removing it...ever, then its a great case for 25 bucks.