[TOOL] ROOT for Razr HD - Verizon XT925/XT926

Search This thread

kkurtz78

Mar 14, 2011
erie
Now I am currently using my phone and everything seems fine other then I can't take the update. I can't just use the utility to restore 4.0.4 and stay unrooted. I'm not going to reroot this phone

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
JB root is now available on the RAZR/Maxx... hopefully its just a matter of time now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Tsunemori

Jan 25, 2013
Hey guys, I'm new at the forums. Just wanted some help with motofail2go root exploit on my RAZR HD XT925 from "Personal" (I'm in argentina).

It won't root the phone, I don't really know what must be the final line on the cmd to confirm that it was succefully rooted. It just seems alright, but Root Checker says it isn't rooted.

I run the exploit, press the button combination with 2 vibrations, one coz of the volume and the other indicating success on sending the bug report. After this I press any button and the exploit continues, and finishes with a line saying:

"Could not access package management..." "Exploit complete! press any button to reboot and exit"

And it reboots and all, but it's not rooted.

Any ideas?

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
Re: ROOT for Razr HD

Do you have unknown sources checked in security?

biRonic

Feb 14, 2012
Sorry to be 'that guy', but I keep getting "exploit failed".
This is on a Droid Razr Maxx HD that I just got, brand new, from Best Buy this past weekend (they finally replaced my POS Bionic with a real Android phone after about the fourth or fifth Bionic replacement).

Anyway, I've rooted at least three different Android devices before, and I do generally understand what's supposed to go on here, but it's just not working this time around.

Does anyone have any idea of what kinds of glitches might be keeping it from working?

p.s. It's still on ICS. The phone told me about having downloaded the JB update, but I keep telling it to wait till later so that I can root it first.

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
USB debugging enabled? Did you successfully enable the bug report? Maybe try another USB port or the 1.10 utility.

biRonic

Feb 14, 2012
USB debugging enabled? Did you successfully enable the bug report? Maybe try another USB port or the 1.10 utility.

USB debugging = yes

bug report = Well, I'm not sure how I'd know. I pressed the buttons like it said. I heard an initial vibe, and then another one a few seconds later.

different USB port = Not sure why, but I will try that, just for the heck of it

the 1.10 utility = Sorry. I must have skipped over something. What's that?

Other info...
Before I posted above, I read through the thread and looked for other places where people talked about the "exploit failed" message. In that, I noticed that one of them said that they removed both BusyBox and Superuser from theirs and then retried it. Well, since the apps on this device are restored from the App Store from what I had on my previous Android, it did indeed have both. I removed them both and tried it again though, and it still didn't work, and that's when I came here to post, asking for help.

The reason I'm posting that is just to make the point that there may be other things involved, and if anyone has anything else that may be in there, I'm open to hearing about it.

Here I go to try it in a different USB port, and I'll report back...

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

OK, I tried it again, and same results.
So...

different USB port = no change. Still get the "exploit failed" message

Also...

bug report = Well, I'm not sure how I'd know. I pressed the buttons like it said. I heard an initial vibe, and then another one a few seconds later.

the 1.10 utility = Sorry. I must have skipped over something. What's that?

biRonic

Feb 14, 2012
Major, positive UPDATE:

I looked for, found and used the 1.10 utility, and used option 2 in there (supposedly the same root trick), and this time, it worked (So, I'm rooted now, and on my way to Voodoo...).

Here's some interesting detail from the process this time around...

Every other time, when I tried it with four different downloads, it got this far...

[*] Please trigger a bugreport on your phone by pressing
[*] Volume Up + Power simultaneously. If successful, your device
[*] will vibrate. Make sure this vibration is distinct from the
[*] vibration that occurs when you turn the volume all the way
[*] down. Press enter once you have successfully triggered a
[*] bugreport.
Press any key to continue . . .

and then I pressed the buttons like it said to do, but by that time, it had already gone on to where it says

[*] Getting root...
[*] This may take a minute or two.

This time though (with the 1.10 utility), when it said this...

[*] Please trigger a bugreport on your phone by pressing
[*] Volume Up + Power simultaneously. If successful, your device
[*] will vibrate. Make sure this vibration is distinct from the
[*] vibration that occurs when you turn the volume all the way
[*] down. Press enter once you have successfully triggered a
[*] bugreport.
Press any key to continue . . .

...I did the buttons and THEN it moved on.
So, clearly, there was something goofy with the other scripts or something.

Any idea?

Chadz88

Dec 1, 2009
Paris
hi guys,
I have one razr hd international bought in France from SFR, unlocked
I downgraded my phone with RSD lite 6.15 and installed the original ICS firmware
witch I edited the .xml file (delleting getvar issue) then flashed and it went smooth,
from ICS I run droid razr hd utility 1.10 and root, then install voodoo rootkeeper and temp-unroot,
then i flash cwm recovery v6.0.1.5 for security and download OTA JB,
then at the start of cwm recovery it sais:

CWM-based Recovery v6.0.1.5
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Veryfing update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature

then it asked me what to do: i press re-verify

it says:
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.build.product")
== "vanquish_u" | | getprop("ro.build.product")
== "vanquish_u" | |
E: Error in /cache/Blur_Version.7.61.110110.xt925.Vodafone.en.FR.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

So what I can do now is reflash ICS and keep it rooted like that, waiting some GOD to come and save me from ICS and upgrade it to JB.

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
You can't install a custom recovery (cwm) and then ota to JB. It has to be completely stock.

Reactions: Chadz88

elacusta.jr

Apr 5, 2011
As soon as my xt925 arrived I updated to JB without thinking about root. Now I need root for some apps and I wanna know if is possible to root without downgrading to ICS?
Thanks

alcangel64

Jun 19, 2010
i just found how to get the bugreport to work... but i keep getting the exploit failed message... just need to delete a file that says bug2go with 0kb in the root of the sd card, then hit vol up + power and i get the bugreport without problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root is already available for the Motorola Razr HD & Maxx!

I grabbed this from the Razr M forums, it will work for a variety of new Motorola Devices.

Instructions:
    1. Download
    2. Unzip
    3. Install Motorola Drivers
    4. Enable USB Debugging on Phone
    5. Plug Into PC
    6. Run The Batch File "Run"
    7. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
    8. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom

**UPDATE**JellyBean OTA In order to update to the latest OTA without losing root you need to:

• Be Rooted on ICS
    • Use VooDoo Rootkeeper to do the following
    1. Protect Root
    2. Temp Unroot
    3. Take the JB OTA
    4. Restore Root

Enjoy being both on the latest and rooted. Remember, do not just take the update without doing both those two things as there is no root exploit currently available for JB.

This is a one-click-method so all you have to do is the prerequisites and it will do the rest for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    How to Unroot:
    Thanks shabbypenguin for posting this.

You can manually unroot your Droid by using a root file manager program (such as root explorer) and mountsystem as R/W. Then delete the following:

/system/app/Superuser.apk
    /system/bin/su
    and if it has it
    /system/xbin/su
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downloads:
    Here's the link to the drivers: Motorola Drivers
    Root File is attached to the Post, but here are some Mirrors:
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Rooting your phone works whether you have the Developer version or not.

Hit thanks if this made you happy!

Screenie:
    Screenie%20of%20Razr%20HD%20Root.png

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenburg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

Root is already available for the Motorola Razr HD & Maxx!

I grabbed this from the Razr M forums, it will work for a variety of new Motorola Devices.

Instructions:
    1. Download
    2. Unzip
    3. Install Motorola Drivers
    4. Enable USB Debugging on Phone
    5. Plug Into PC
    6. Charge Only Mode
    7. Run The Batch File "Run"
    8. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
    9. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom

This is a one-click-method so all you have to do is the prerequisites and it will do the rest for you.

Downloads:
    Here's the link to the drivers: Motorola Drivers
    Root File is attached to the Post, but here are some Mirrors:
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Rooting your phone works whether you have the Developer version or not.

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenberg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

Let me fix your post so you can see how this should look.

You dropped his paypal and never linked to his original post. This is very bad form. The person who rooted your device spent a great deal of time in doing so and deserves the recognition from doing so. not some tiny ass print at the bottom like an after thought. I mean really the creator of the root gets the tiniest font at the bottom. Terrible.

This is a proper posting FYI.

Dan (@djrbliss) has posted the root method.

http://xdaforums.com/show...05&postcount=1

Despite my strong belief that people who are interested in rooting should buy devices with unlocked bootloaders instead of expecting the magical hackers in the sky to give out free exploits (which are in short supply), I'm once again continuing to encourage bad behavior by publishing another root exploit:

http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail2go_windows.zip

Instructions:

1. Download and extract the entire zip file.

2. Ensure your device is connected via USB and that you have installed the latest ADB drivers from Motorola.

3. Double-click "run.bat" and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. The exploit will ask you to press a button combination at one point.

If the exploit prints an error saying something like "run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown", then unfortunately you will have to wipe your data and cache partitions and try again.

This exploit should work on the Razr M, Atrix HD, Photon Q, Razr i (you might need to replace some of the binaries with x86 versions?), and the upcoming Razr HD.

Paypal:
    http://goo.gl/zBGb0
    Thanks a lot! it seems to work , but is there any way to check that the phone is really rooted?

There are some apps in the market for that. Search for "root checker"

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium
    You can't install a custom recovery (cwm) and then ota to JB. It has to be completely stock.