Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC M4(News updated on #55) finally leaked news!

Tip us?
 
djsubtronic
Old
#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 469
Posts: 2,034
Join Date: Jun 2010
That definitely can't be the successor to the One S. What an ugly fat plastic looking phone! Surely that would be placed somewhere in the lower mid range.

Also the hardware keys layout looks the same as the current gen, I thought HTC was going to put the home button on the right.
 
Vauix
Old
#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 161
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsubtronic View Post
That definitely can't be the successor to the One S. What an ugly fat plastic looking phone! Surely that would be placed somewhere in the lower mid range.

Also the hardware keys layout looks the same as the current gen, I thought HTC was going to put the home button on the right.
The one S never sold that well, so why would they stick to the same design? But by the looks of it I thin the M4 will be alot cheaper than the M7 (I mean more than the difference with the One S and one X).

But I will likely go for the M7, not sure if ill wait for the GS4 though.
 
djsubtronic
Old
#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 469
Posts: 2,034
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vauix View Post
The one S never sold that well, so why would they stick to the same design? But by the looks of it I thin the M4 will be alot cheaper than the M7 (I mean more than the difference with the One S and one X).

But I will likely go for the M7, not sure if ill wait for the GS4 though.
The One S didn't do well first due to mass chipping issues, and then due to HTC switching it to an S3 CPU variant in most markets, and still charging the same as the S4. In terms of the design alone, it was highly praised.

Regardless of that, in a market now filled with really sleek phones, how do you they expect such a thick phone to sell extremely well? It almost looks comical how fat it is.
 
Terminator19
Old
(Last edited by Terminator19; 7th February 2013 at 04:52 PM.)
#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 245
Posts: 502
Join Date: Mar 2011
It looks like they realised their mistakes with the one S and X i.e. making the one S better on the whole and so this time are making sure that it won't happen again

The M4 is looking crap at the minute.

M7 looks fantastic, it is going to be between the M7, GS 4 and the google/motorola X phone. And the main deciding factors for me, will be:

- screen (preferably SAMOLED, could live with the M7 screen though)
- camera (want to see a big improvement in low lit shots and by the sounds of this new sensor/camera tech. in the M7, it should be very good, obviously the GS 4 will improve to and no idea about the X phone but supposedly it is using sony's new camera sensor so it should be very good)
- design (if the GS 4 has a similar design to the gs 3, then an instant no once again )
- battery (think they are all going to be very good, GS 4 will probably be better and the X phone will be the best as motorola love to use huge batteries in their phones). The DNA has excellent battery life, better than one S, gs 3 so the m7 with a bigger battery and possibly improvements in sense V5 will be even better
- software skin (don't mind any of them except touchwiz but even if their crap stock apps still look disorganised and have no unified feel as well as a terrible colour scheme, it won't be much of a problem since Samsung devices are a heck of a lot easier to root and flash custom ROMs than htc. The X phone will apparently be stock android but with more features so much like the current RAZR devices software probably)


Regarding the design etc. of the M4, I think it looks fine, not as nice as the S but it looks a heck of a lot more ergonomic and curvy so should be nicer/more comfortable in the hand. Thickness is supposedly 9.8mm. The M7 looks the same (from the leaked shots) so perhaps it is due to the camera sensor that they are using.
 
TheCrow1372
Old
#25  
TheCrow1372's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 330
Posts: 2,509
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In a Dark Place
Yeah all looks great but Canada sucks cuz we'll never get anything over 8mpx
Google Nexus 4
 
sebysebu
Old
#26  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iasi, Romania
it looks like M7's name will be just "HTC One" http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_will...-news-5510.php
HTC ONE mini 4.4.2
 
TheEndHK
Old
#27  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Posts: 1,052
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator19 View Post
Here are some photos of the M4:

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_m4_appea...-news-5498.php

The M7 specs/design has been confirmed:

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_m7_to_la...-news-5496.php
It's not M4......... It's China ver of HTC One SV(available in HK/TW). 4.3" 800x480 SLCD2, S4 1.2G, 1G ram, 5M cam
 
ryanshew
Old
#28  
ryanshew's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 724
Posts: 1,399
Join Date: Oct 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: HTC M4(One S upgrade) finally leaked news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEndHK View Post
It's not M4......... It's China ver of HTC One SV(available in HK/TW). 4.3" 800x480 SLCD2, S4 1.2G, 1G ram, 5M cam
^That makes more sense...

The link I posted below explains the 1.2ghz thing. There are actually 4 versions of the s4 processor...the 1.2 looks quite sub par compared to our s4.

http://www.qualcomm.com/snapdragon/processors/s4/specs

HTC_One_S | Xparent_ICS_Blue_Tapatalk_2 1.06_Hboot_Downgrade | unofficial_4.2.1_AOKP_Feb7 | Komodo_Kernel
 
djsubtronic
Old
#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 469
Posts: 2,034
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanshew View Post
^That makes more sense...

The link I posted below explains the 1.2ghz thing. There are actually 4 versions of the s4 processor...the 1.2 looks quite sub par compared to our s4.

http://www.qualcomm.com/snapdragon/processors/s4/specs

HTC_One_S | Xparent_ICS_Blue_Tapatalk_2 1.06_Hboot_Downgrade | unofficial_4.2.1_AOKP_Feb7 | Komodo_Kernel
In fact our One S (Adreno 225) is even better than the current S4 Plus chip listed on the site, which uses the Adreno 305 GPU. Apparently the 305 is not as fast as the Adreno 225 which the early S4 models had.
 
hmgurbuz
Old
#30  
hmgurbuz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 58
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Istanbul
Default Re: HTC M4(One S upgrade) finally leaked news!

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes