Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][ 2.7][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.7.1.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 6/7

Tip us?
 
Skunk Ape1
Old
#241  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4844
Posts: 3,405
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Killeen

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP2.4.1.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 2/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclonut View Post
I'm on the stock ma5 Rom coming from stock lk8 so not sure


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note™ II via Tapatalk 2.
I went from LK8 back to LJC. I think it has to do with that. I believe the LK8 changes stuff in the partitions and perhaps the partitions themselves. When I went back to ljc I had to flash The LJC fix. I do notice that all of my LK8 backups are in one folder and the new folder with the new serial number contains only the backups made after switching back to LJC.

 
bigbiff
Old
#242  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3541
Posts: 3,981
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Ape1 View Post
I went from LK8 back to LJC. I think it has to do with that. I believe the LK8 changes stuff in the partitions and perhaps the partitions themselves. When I went back to ljc I had to flash The LJC fix. I do notice that all of my LK8 backups are in one folder and the new folder with the new serial number contains only the backups made after switching back to LJC.
Interesting, I wonder if the serial number is generated by the bootloader on this type of information.
Phone: Tmobile Galaxy Note 3 Sim unlocked
ROM: Touchwiz stock SELINUX Enforcing
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk



If you need help please, please, please, please post recovery.log.
1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log or Advanced->Copy Log to SDCard
2. Upload /tmp/recovery.log or /sdcard/recovery.log to http://paste.tinyw.in

How to submit a bug report!

Support: Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
KEYofR
Old
#243  
KEYofR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 215
Posts: 570
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP2.4.1.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 2/1

Has anyone used Heimdall to flash twrp from linux?

Yesterday Triangle Away soft bricked my phone and I had to use odin on a windows laptop to flash twrp back in.

I compiled heimdal and heimdal front end 1.4.0rc1 successfully and it seemed to recognize my phone. But then I couldn't figure out how to use it. None of the twrp downloads are "heimdall packages" and the front end gui doesn't offer any choices about zips or tars or imgs, just heimdall native package and pit. I don't know what pit is and heimdall native is supposed to be tar.gz with an included xml for metadata.

I would love to be able to flash twrp without requiring windows or any proprietary software.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
 
newellj79
Old
(Last edited by newellj79; 9th February 2013 at 06:11 PM.)
#244  
newellj79's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 231
Posts: 2,056
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP2.4.1.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 2/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR View Post
Has anyone used Heimdall to flash twrp from linux?

Yesterday Triangle Away soft bricked my phone and I had to use odin on a windows laptop to flash twrp back in.

I compiled heimdal and heimdal front end 1.4.0rc1 successfully and it seemed to recognize my phone. But then I couldn't figure out how to use it. None of the twrp downloads are "heimdall packages" and the front end gui doesn't offer any choices about zips or tars or imgs, just heimdall native package and pit. I don't know what pit is and heimdall native is supposed to be tar.gz with an included xml for metadata.

I would love to be able to flash twrp without requiring windows or any proprietary software.



Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
Me too, since I don't have a windows machine. Let me known if you come up with a solution!


Edit. I did use hiemdall command line, and although it says it flashed successfully it still has stock recovery when I reboot

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
 
garwynn
Old
#245  
garwynn's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7391
Posts: 4,619
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chi-town

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP2.4.1.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 2/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by newellj79 View Post
Me too, since I don't have a windows machine. Let me known if you come up with a solution!


Edit. I did use hiemdall command line, and although it says it flashed successfully it still has stock recovery when I reboot

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
If it took a long to boot then it was replacing the recovery with stock. May need to rename recovery-from-boot.p to get it to stick through Odin... or GooManager.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)
 
bigbiff
Old
#246  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3541
Posts: 3,981
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
If it took a long to boot then it was replacing the recovery with stock. May need to rename recovery-from-boot.p to get it to stick through Odin... or GooManager.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
You should boot into TWRP first after flashing it, it will rename that file for you so stock android wont keep reflashing stock recovery at boot.
Phone: Tmobile Galaxy Note 3 Sim unlocked
ROM: Touchwiz stock SELINUX Enforcing
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk



If you need help please, please, please, please post recovery.log.
1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log or Advanced->Copy Log to SDCard
2. Upload /tmp/recovery.log or /sdcard/recovery.log to http://paste.tinyw.in

How to submit a bug report!

Support: Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xyojimbox
Old
#247  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 436
Posts: 1,438
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP2.4.1.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 2/1

So you just flash the zip file in recovery to update to new one?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
 
bigbiff
Old
#248  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3541
Posts: 3,981
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyojimbox View Post
So you just flash the zip file in recovery to update to new one?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
Yes, you can do that.
Phone: Tmobile Galaxy Note 3 Sim unlocked
ROM: Touchwiz stock SELINUX Enforcing
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk



If you need help please, please, please, please post recovery.log.
1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log or Advanced->Copy Log to SDCard
2. Upload /tmp/recovery.log or /sdcard/recovery.log to http://paste.tinyw.in

How to submit a bug report!

Support: Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jefbal99
Old
#249  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 901
Join Date: Aug 2010
Running CM10.1 has the Sprint Note 2 named SPH-L900 rather than t0ltespr so Goo Manager will not auto update the Recovery any longer. Have to download the image, then install via Terminal Emulator
 
bigbiff
Old
#250  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3541
Posts: 3,981
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefbal99 View Post
Running CM10.1 has the Sprint Note 2 named SPH-L900 rather than t0ltespr so Goo Manager will not auto update the Recovery any longer. Have to download the image, then install via Terminal Emulator
You can always modify your build prop to state t0ltespr instead like stock does.
Phone: Tmobile Galaxy Note 3 Sim unlocked
ROM: Touchwiz stock SELINUX Enforcing
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk



If you need help please, please, please, please post recovery.log.
1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log or Advanced->Copy Log to SDCard
2. Upload /tmp/recovery.log or /sdcard/recovery.log to http://paste.tinyw.in

How to submit a bug report!

Support: Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers

The Following User Says Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes