FORUMS

Hands-on With T-Mo LG G4 and Q&A

XDA Senior Member WinDroidGuy posted a hands-on video of the T-Mobile LG G4, and he is now … more

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more

Galaxy S6 Shipping with Different Camera Models

One of the Galaxy S6’s most flaunted features is its spectacular camera, its 16MP … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Request for a little help: MTP ProductIDs

12th February 2013, 03:54 AM |#11  
RockR172's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,518
 
More
Re: Request for a little help: MTP ProductIDs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmower

I will bump this just once in hopes that someone posts a useful reply. The information is quite simple to gather.

I shall give it to you today, when I get my hands on my nasty PC and if nobody else posts before me..

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
 
 
12th February 2013, 09:52 AM |#12  
RockR172's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,518
 
More
Re: Request for a little help: MTP ProductIDs
Erm, I have 2 PID_### with USB Debugging enabled.. want both?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

EDIT:
USB Debugging Enabled:
Code:
USB\Vid_0bb4&Pid_0df9&Rev_0228&MI_00

USB\Vid_0bb4&Pid_0df9&MI_00

With USB Debugging Disabled:
Code:
USB\Vid_0bb4&Pid_0f91&Rev_0228&MI_00

USB\Vid_0bb4&Pid_0f91&MI_00

Hope this is what you wanted.
Last edited by RockR172; 12th February 2013 at 10:08 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RockR172 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2013, 10:13 AM |#13  
Goatshocker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 416
 
More
Looks like debugging adds a 'd' after '0' in the pid then.
12th February 2013, 12:43 PM |#14  
RockR172's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,518
 
More
Re: Request for a little help: MTP ProductIDs
Also removes a '1' after '9'..

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
12th February 2013, 03:21 PM |#15  
Darknites's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,521
 
More
Talking
Or df9 changes to f91.
12th February 2013, 04:00 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,044
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockR172

Erm, I have 2 PID_### with USB Debugging enabled.. want both?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

EDIT:
USB Debugging Enabled:

Code:
USB\Vid_0bb4&Pid_0df9&Rev_0228&MI_00

USB\Vid_0bb4&Pid_0df9&MI_00

With USB Debugging Disabled:
Code:
USB\Vid_0bb4&Pid_0f91&Rev_0228&MI_00

USB\Vid_0bb4&Pid_0f91&MI_00

Hope this is what you wanted.

That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you for the help!

The MTP PID (0f91) is shared between evita, jewel, and ville, it seems. The MTP+ADB PID (0df9) is distinct from other devices though.
Last edited by mdmower; 12th February 2013 at 04:08 PM.
12th February 2013, 04:17 PM |#17  
RockR172's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,518
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmower

That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you for the help!

The MTP PID (0f91) is shared between evita, jewel, and ville, it seems. The MTP+ADB PID (0df9) is distinct from other devices though.

Is the MTP+ADB PID of evita and jewel the same?
Also, how will these product ID's help in implementing MTP in CM code?
12th February 2013, 04:20 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,044
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockR172

Is the MTP+ADB PID of evita and jewel the same?
Also, how will these product ID's help in implementing MTP in CM code?

The MTP+ADB PID is distinct between evita and jewel as well. So this falls in line with that pattern.

Windows is finicky about identifying devices and loading the correct drivers/connection type. It is important that the correct PID is specified so windows will know how to interact with the device.

Mac and Linux (although MTP support in Linux isn't terrific) do a better job of working with a device regardless of PID.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdmower For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes