Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,606 Members 48,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[23.apr.2013] *COLLECTION OF THE BEST APP/GAMES FOR ANDROID* 165 apps - 200 games!!!

Tip us?

m3talmouth
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the collection

itayg
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Thumbs up great work!!

Very good list , you the best!!!!

hugehugh
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Thumbs up My Fav Apps!

Thanks for all the suggestions! Here are some of my favorites not already on the list

Tip 'n Split - automatically figure out the right amount to Tip
Beautiful Widgets (Paid) - style your battery widget like a beer glass
TRMP Random music player widget - love the Widget and the true random
Sony Walkman - best music player (can't find a link, flashed as part of a Rom lol)
Little Crane - best new game
Draw Some (Paid) - I enjoy drawing
Kindle for Android - I recommend e-book "No Easy Day", recommend setting to use Volume up/down keys to turn pages!
Robo Defense (Paid) - I am on level 1,010
100 Floors - fun puzzle game
Dish Anywhere - remotely control TV/DVR
Trap! - Qix-like fill the screen
Zedge - limitless phone customization, recommend search for "video games" and "Star Wars"
Word Search - old school
4 Player Reactor (Paid) - can play with a friend on same phone
The Following User Says Thank You to hugehugh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MINI 2
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Perfect list, thank you!

norsepriest
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 27
I like this app Hungry Cat Mahjong:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ungrycat&hl=kz

nirhirs
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Thumbs up thank you for shearing :)

thanks man!!!

mer2329
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
thanks for the recommendations
i already have a bunch of tools on your list already installed
1 dead link found
  1. Market Enabler
heres my list and notes on the list
Notes i have some tags for the apps in my list to help specify extra locations where i got them (and some other stuff)
the taga are
hib = available in a past Humble indie bundle
$ = paid
?$ = has a free and paid version (freemium) linking to free version (games will have demo linked seperately, if a demo is available)
su = root
?su= has more options if you have root access
also sence i cant create links i am including google play app strings just drop them after the /apps in the address
i.e. play [dot] google [dot] com /store/apps[string]
could someone convert this to clickable links
use find and replace to find "/details" and replace it with "https [forward slash] [forward slash] [colon] play [dot] google [dot] com/store/apps/details" converting the sqare brackets to the proper symbol

my recommended
Games (a-z)
  • Canabalt HD ($, hib) [/details?id=fishnoodle.canabalt]
  • Eufloria ($, hib) [/details?id=com.omnilabs.eufloria]
  • eufloria demo [/details?id=com.omnilabs.eufloria.demo]
  • Splice ($, hib) [/details?id=com.cipherprime.splice]
Apps (a-z)
  • Cheezburger [/details?id=com.cheezburger.icanhas] - cheezburger [dot] com viewer
  • HDR Camera+ ($) [/details?id=com.almalence.hdr_plus] - take great photos (see attached for examples, my phone has a 3.2 mega pixel camera)
  • Key Ring Reward Cards [/details?id=com.froogloid.kring.google.zxing.client .android] - club card indexer (aka get rid of those little plastig tags on your key ring)
  • out of Milk (?$) [/details?id=com.capigami.outofmilk] - shopping list and pantry inventory
  • Package Buddy (?$) [/details?id=com.psyrus.packagebuddy] - package tracking
Utillities (a-z)
  • Adw Launcher (?$) [/details?id=org.adw.launcher] - #
  • aScreenshot (su) - screenshot apps
  • Default App Manager [store/apps/details?id=com.appiator.defaultappmanager] - #
  • Link to SD (su) [/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD] - symlink to sd much better than apps to sd
  • Power Toggles (?su) [/details?id=com.painless.pc] - control various aspects of your phone via a widget
  • ProjectM Music Visualizer (paid) [/details?id=com.psperl.projectM] - jut like projectm for (win, mac, linux, and ios) and/or Milkdrop (winamp and others)
  • Root Uninstaller (su) [/details?id=name.dohkoos.rootuninstaller] - bloatware and multi uninstaller
  • Smart Shortcuts [/details?id=com.rhmsoft.shortcuts] - great folder creator with sub-folder support (use freestyle shortcuts for subfolders)
  • Total Commander (?su) [/details?id=com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander] - a regular filemanager based off the total commander for windows, with optional root support
  • Widget Locker (paid) [/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker]- editable lock screen with widget support
my Top 5
  1. Link to SD (su) [/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD] - symlink to sd much better than apps to sd
  2. HDR Camera+ ($) [/details?id=com.almalence.hdr_plus] - take great photos (see attached for examples, my phone has a 3.2 mega pixel camera)
  3. Smart Shortcuts [/details?id=com.rhmsoft.shortcuts] - great folder creator with sub-folder support (use freestyle shortcuts for subfolders)
  4. Power Toggles (?su) [/details?id=com.painless.pc] - control various aspects of your phone via a widget
  5. Root Uninstaller (su) [/details?id=name.dohkoos.rootuninstaller] - bloatware and multi uninstaller
The Following User Says Thank You to mer2329 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DMTSource
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Darn, I need to make it on this list one day!

Sandy||Striker
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
nice collection..!!

AndroidSon
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks for the list man

Tags
android, apps, compilation, games, must have apps and games for android devices