Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One SU (T528w)

Tip us?

bgcngm
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3329

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falseclock View Post
It seems I found how to make google visible ))) but some hardware can still have troubles, like camera or bluetooth. did not fully tested yet. But seems it is fully working.
I'm reacting right now. How have you done it? I didn't really wanted to port a ROM from another similar device just to have Google account appearing on account settings... because as you mentioned, it may break other features of the phone.

If you have found out what the solution is, can you just share it? I can easily do it myself.
Latest custom ROMs: ZTE V987 (MT6589) / ZTE V970 (MT6577)

If you like my work, please feel free to donate...

florinfilipovici
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Recovery problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinburtea View Post
Hello again!
I also downloaded that ROM and tried to flash it with CWM, but it didn't work, I think there may be something wrong with my phone - still, I'm glad factory reset still works. As for the OTA, I already gave it up.
As I was saying in a previous post I'm very unhappy about my phone charging so slow, which is starting to make me grow tired of it and think about selling it.
Anyway, I'm glad to see that you're still on the job, being one of the most active in this thread.
Hello, I am a fresh owner of a ONE SU made specially for CHINA Unicom - I bought it from China.
I saw the threads in the forum and I said that I should al least try to enter the service menu of the phone, with to see how it's done.
No problem there, power+volume, and there I was. I tried the recovery menu and there I saw the first problem. The phone started to show on the screen only some weird lines, I couldn't see anything. Took out the battery, restarted. I thing I had to do this twice, not sure. I said then there must be an issue with the stock recovery and then I decided to unlock the bootloader as on htcdev. - no problem there. I rooted the phone, like in the guides on the forum - no problem there. It came the moment I wanted to install CWM - I tried the same procedure several times. No errors, but each time I entered the recovery menu, after the phone entered in this menu, the screen went crazy, I couldn't see anything, so I had to take out the battery, twice and then I was able to start the phone. So NO CWN - NO GAPPS. - Is there another way to install GAPPS other then using CWM? and another thing, today the phone started behaving rather peculiar, I see a RED borderline popping on the phone quite frequently.
It's driving me mad. Can I do something to fix this? Can I wipe clean the phone and then install everything form scratch.

Thanks a lot.
P.S. I just started working with this, so all is new to me. Please have patience. I have a lot of questions.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by florinfilipovici View Post
Hello, I am a fresh owner of a ONE SU made specially for CHINA Unicom - I bought it from China.
I saw the threads in the forum and I said that I should al least try to enter the service menu of the phone, with to see how it's done.
No problem there, power+volume, and there I was. I tried the recovery menu and there I saw the first problem. The phone started to show on the screen only some weird lines, I couldn't see anything. Took out the battery, restarted. I thing I had to do this twice, not sure. I said then there must be an issue with the stock recovery and then I decided to unlock the bootloader as on htcdev. - no problem there. I rooted the phone, like in the guides on the forum - no problem there. It came the moment I wanted to install CWM - I tried the same procedure several times. No errors, but each time I entered the recovery menu, after the phone entered in this menu, the screen went crazy, I couldn't see anything, so I had to take out the battery, twice and then I was able to start the phone. So NO CWN - NO GAPPS. - Is there another way to install GAPPS other then using CWM? and another thing, today the phone started behaving rather peculiar, I see a RED borderline popping on the phone quite frequently.
It's driving me mad. Can I do something to fix this? Can I wipe clean the phone and then install everything form scratch.

Thanks a lot.
P.S. I just started working with this, so all is new to me. Please have patience. I have a lot of questions.

I solved the RED borderline issue. I had activated the Strict mode enabled in settings->developer options. I deactivated and now all is OK.

yavuzyaman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Thanks a lot.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

I solved the RED borderline issue. I had activated the Strict mode enabled in settings->developer options. I deactivated and now all is OK.
SOLVED THE PROBLEM WITH DETAILED HOW you tell

4EJLO6PEK
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello, has anyone ever encountered the problem of connection of the Bluetooth headset in the A2DP mode, I have when connecting writes connected except A2DP. can driver what to put or something

florinfilipovici
Old
(Last edited by florinfilipovici; 7th February 2013 at 04:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yavuzyaman View Post
SOLVED THE PROBLEM WITH DETAILED HOW you tell
The red borderline issue was caused by me selecting in the setting ->developer options -> Strict mode enabled.
For more details, if needed, google (HTC red borderline or strict mode enabled).

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Hello ,

My current problem with my T528W is that recovery mode is not working. When I try to enter it the phone starts, I see the welcome screen, and then when it enters the recovery mode the screen goes all white with some stripes. I can see anything, it look like the screen is broken.
So recovery is not working for me. Other than that I don't have any problems - not that I can see.
Can some please tell me what I can do to solve this?

Thanks.

OneSU
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
The red borderline issue was caused by me selecting in the setting ->developer options -> Strict mode enabled.
For more details, if needed, google (HTC red borderline or strict mode enabled).

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Hello ,

My current problem with my T528W is that recovery mode is not working. When I try to enter it the phone starts, I see the welcome screen, and then when it enters the recovery mode the screen goes all white with some stripes. I can see anything, it look like the screen is broken.
So recovery is not working for me. Other than that I don't have any problems - not that I can see.
Can some please tell me what I can do to solve this?

Thanks.
There are at least 2 versions of the recovery program, PA2, PB1. I've tried on PA2 and got the same problem as your. I tried on PB1 and there is no problem. One of them may work on your system. You may found them here. Both of them are in this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to OneSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Falseclock
Old
Thanks Meter 272

DONATE TO ME
i'm not java programmer and can not identify the problem,
but once this app will be launched on our device as system app, google will be visible in synch

Code:
Select Code
D:\adb>adb shell
$ su
su
# am start com.google.android.gsf.login
am start com.google.android.gsf.login
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] pkg=com.google.android.gsf.login }
Error: Activity not started, unable to resolve Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10000000 pkg=com.google.android.gsf.login }

#

<<<--- LOGCAT --->>>
E/ActivityManager( 1817): startLaunchActivity get appname failed
E/ActivityManager( 1817): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/ActivityManager( 1817):       at com.android.server.am.ActivityStack.startLaunchActivity(ActivityStack.java:4888)
E/ActivityManager( 1817):       at com.android.server.am.ActivityStack.startActivityMayWait(ActivityStack.java:3417)
E/ActivityManager( 1817):       at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.startActivity(ActivityManagerService.java:2520)
E/ActivityManager( 1817):       at android.app.ActivityManagerNative.onTransact(ActivityManagerNative.java:131)
E/ActivityManager( 1817):       at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.onTransact(ActivityManagerService.java:1762)
E/ActivityManager( 1817):       at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:338)
E/ActivityManager( 1817):       at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)
Attached Files
File Type: apk GoogleLoginService.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.01 MB, 36 views)

bugunjito
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default problems with caller id and cell broadcast

Hi dears,

I have also this device and am having trouble with caller ID, example: in my contacts, a person has the number as 88883333, but the carrier identifies as 07188883333, the device does not associate the call and is showing as unknown contact, at other android devices, including my Lenovo a789 it did not happen, I dont know how to solve, not wanted to change all my contacts and put the 071 at first which is the area code. Another problem I face is an sms informing the carrier throughout the area now that I am, 2 by 2 min,'ve seen on the internet that is only an option to disable the menu links, such CB or cell broadcast, the problem is that this option does not appear for me in this rom, where is this option in this rom? I do not know what to do with these problems ... i use stock rom i think.

android version: 4.0.4
htc sense: 4.1
software number: 1.13.1402.11
htc sdk: 4.25
htc extension: HTCEXTENSION_403_1_GA_26
baseband version: 553.13.03.00-6.1212.14.12
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-11_19-57-59.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1721874  

bugunjito
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default about clean rom from htc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugunjito View Post
Hi dears,

I have also this device and am having trouble with caller ID, example: in my contacts, a person has the number as 88883333, but the carrier identifies as 07188883333, the device does not associate the call and is showing as unknown contact, at other android devices, including my Lenovo a789 it did not happen, I dont know how to solve, not wanted to change all my contacts and put the 071 at first which is the area code. Another problem I face is an sms informing the carrier throughout the area now that I am, 2 by 2 min,'ve seen on the internet that is only an option to disable the menu links, such CB or cell broadcast, the problem is that this option does not appear for me in this rom, where is this option in this rom? I do not know what to do with these problems ... i use stock rom i think.

android version: 4.0.4
htc sense: 4.1
software number: 1.13.1402.11
htc sdk: 4.25
htc extension: HTCEXTENSION_403_1_GA_26
baseband version: 553.13.03.00-6.1212.14.12
advantage, I wonder if there is a stock rom for this device because I believe that came with mine was a version of a carrier chinese with multiple Chinese applications that i could erase with a tool with power root permissions, anyone know of a rom that is htc own without interference from any carrier? and how to put it on my device?

Falseclock
Old
(Last edited by Falseclock; 13th February 2013 at 10:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 272

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgcngm View Post
If you have found out what the solution is, can you just share it? I can easily do it myself.
You better to fully deodex your rom (optional), then put needed gapps apks and then resign all apks with shared UID.

Update script must be signed with the same key/certificate!
User data/cache/secure wipe is mandatory!
ramdisk must be repacked with turned on ADB debugging for emergency cases.

The main issue why we can't see google is GoogleLoginService.apk which uses shared user uid, but has different signature.

shared UID apks can be identified with

adb shell dumpsys package
or
adb pull /data/system/packages.xml

P.S. You can use kitchen to simplify whole process.

P.P.S. Gonna release own update script in the end of the week with aroma installer. Now testing installation of stock applications like Flickr, Dropbox, Picasa, Evernote and others. Afterwards hope will fully translate firmware and release custom ROM based on stock Chinese. Waiting when rom crypting will be supported by ruuveal