Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Will Razr MAXX HD work on T-Mobile's HSPA+

Tip us?

rayluc25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Will Razr MAXX HD work on T-Mobile's HSPA+

I need a long lasting phone with a big battery, and I like that the Razr HD can be upgraded to Jelly Bean.

My question is, is there a variant of the Razr Maxx HD that will work on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network?

Rather, is there in existence another version of the Razr Maxx HD other than the one available from Verizon (as in, a version that doesnt' have CDMA at all?)

Thanks.

tech_head
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayluc25 View Post
I need a long lasting phone with a big battery, and I like that the Razr HD can be upgraded to Jelly Bean.

My question is, is there a variant of the Razr Maxx HD that will work on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network?

Rather, is there in existence another version of the Razr Maxx HD other than the one available from Verizon (as in, a version that doesnt' have CDMA at all?)

Thanks.
You would have to get a Verizon version and flash the radio.

mat3usz
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] Will Razr MAXX HD work on T-Mobile's HSPA+

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2134235

Carrier limitations in USA

Message me and I'll send the link to the instructions. All I got to say is best phone ever

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

thePromoter
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: [Q] Will Razr MAXX HD work on T-Mobile's HSPA+

I bought one and I am currently using it with my carrier, that uses 850 and 2100 bands.

All you have to do is to check if the phone has compatibility with your network (I think TMo's 1700)

I usually check the network compatibility on the gsm arena site

Rocking it through the N4
Galaxy Nexus! Jelly Bean Oh yes!
HTC One X ICS The Real Deal!
Motorola Razr (Sold) Gingerbread A Real Phone, but with small screen
Samsung Galaxy Ace (Given Away) Gingerbread WTF??
Motorola Atrix (Sold) Gingerbread Holy Power Webtop!!
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 (Sold) Eclair Pretty beautiful!
Motorola XT720 (Sold) Eclair Where's Froyo??
thund3rbay Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayluc25 View Post

Thanks.
NO HSPA... UNTIL YOU ARE IN A 1900 3G AREA ... LIKE LAS VEGAS, NEW YORK OR OTHERS 3G 1900 Market !

higc
Old
(Last edited by higc; 14th February 2013 at 05:10 PM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 0
Default Yes

I've got the razr hd verizon version and it will work with T-mobile at those speeds. At least around Dallas. There is a post that describes how to do it with a program called DFS. It involves changing a number under tab NV from 01 to 00. I think it was under the razr m posts. I took me two times but it did work. Look for T-Mobil AT&T GSM on Razr M page 19. It will work for an XT926.Ver.4.0.4. Mine is not rooted. Yet. Good luck. Quick note. Verizon has the phone blocked for use with American GSM networks. There is no unlock code. There's a lot of sites trying to sell that crap and it doesn't work. Find the page and use that method. Or you can use the Aussie radio flash. That will work too without unlocking, rooting. Yes I did it.