XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom ROM/Trebuchet problem

Tip us?

mikejacobs99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] Custom ROM/Trebuchet problem

I've tried a couple customs ROMS on my p4wifi, and in every case, I've had an issue with trebuchet, the CM launcher, failing. sometimes immediately, sometimes after a while. my most recent attempt was with the cm-10.1-20130117-0012-p4wifi-sgt7-gcc47.zip ROM, where I was able to operate for a little more than an hour before trebuchet failed.

in that most recent attempt, I was able to see that trebuchet forgot the grid size settings (originally 9x7, I think), and would show no numbers in the grid size height & width spinners, showing a 0 underneath. I could not spin them to a valid number, however, and shortly thereafter, trebuchet went into the repeated failed pop-up message.

luckily, I had backed-up my system and could restore back to my TouchWiz ICS image (though the back-up file being pushed into a 0/ folder is a pain, had to first re-image with CM 10.1 again, and use the file manager app to move the back-up files to a folder that nandroid would see.)

is anyone else having these problems with trebuchet when using CM 10 or 10.1 ROMs? I see posts from people saying their SGTs are running great with a number of these ROMs, so clearly it's working for them. where could I post bug reports for trebuchet? (here, but on the development forum?)

if I loaded an alternate launcher, would trebuchet failing not be an issue?

thanks.

DefQoN_BE
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejacobs99 View Post
I've tried a couple customs ROMS on my p4wifi, and in every case, I've had an issue with trebuchet, the CM launcher, failing. sometimes immediately, sometimes after a while. my most recent attempt was with the cm-10.1-20130117-0012-p4wifi-sgt7-gcc47.zip ROM, where I was able to operate for a little more than an hour before trebuchet failed.

in that most recent attempt, I was able to see that trebuchet forgot the grid size settings (originally 9x7, I think), and would show no numbers in the grid size height & width spinners, showing a 0 underneath. I could not spin them to a valid number, however, and shortly thereafter, trebuchet went into the repeated failed pop-up message.

luckily, I had backed-up my system and could restore back to my TouchWiz ICS image (though the back-up file being pushed into a 0/ folder is a pain, had to first re-image with CM 10.1 again, and use the file manager app to move the back-up files to a folder that nandroid would see.)

is anyone else having these problems with trebuchet when using CM 10 or 10.1 ROMs? I see posts from people saying their SGTs are running great with a number of these ROMs, so clearly it's working for them. where could I post bug reports for trebuchet? (here, but on the development forum?)

thanks.
The onoy a'swer is see iz to try it out before panicing, try another launcher and let me know if it worked

mikejacobs99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejacobs99 View Post
I've loaded pershoot's latest 10.1 (JB) ROM, and loaded Nova Launcher, and it's running just fine!