MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

Has anyone tried China made Book Cover case for Galaxy tab 10.1?

26th January 2013, 01:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

437 posts
Hey everyone,

I've been looking for a nice case for my galaxy tab 10.1, and I found that there is a case called Book Cover, officially from Samsung. But it is way too expensive (imo) for just a case for a tablet, so I found a Chinese version of the book cover on eBay.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321054158428?...ht_4365wt_1304

There are more listing for same product by this seller, and quite a few have been sold. I have ordered one as well, but I'm curious if anyone knows how good/bad it is. Like the quality, weight, and how close to the official Samsung book cover, if you've seen one.

I think it'll take a least a month for it to arrive, so I can't leave any feedback before that.

I would like to hear what you guys think, if you have this OR not.

Thanks!
28th January 2013, 04:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 33

212 posts
Love the black book cover case (official Samsung) on my tablet. I wonder if these variants will be the same. Visually, they seem identical from the pictures.
12th February 2013, 04:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

437 posts
I received the case from China, and it seems good. Fits my tab 10.1 well, and it even has Samsung logo on 2 spots.

One thing that I'm disappointed about is that it seems like it's impossible to stand the tablet upward for watching movie or something? I don't know about official case by Samsung, but it doesn't stay upright. And there is no way for this to stay upright. I have no idea how the official one works. This one does have 2 rubber feet on one side too, but the other part that holds the tablet upright is slippery, so it falls.

I don't really care that much about that though as I don't want movie on it much, and it' hard to type while standing it upright, so I prefer it at the typing angle, which works very well.

Although the rating of the seller isn't the best, I received mine in about 2.5 weeks. I'd say it's pretty good, as it usually takes more for me when coming from China. And it was shipped out one day after I paid for the item. Of course, I don't know about your order..

Overall, I recommend this product and the seller.
12th February 2013, 12:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 33

212 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw6lee

One thing that I'm disappointed about is that it seems like it's impossible to stand the tablet upward for watching movie or something? I don't know about official case by Samsung, but it doesn't stay upright. And there is no way for this to stay upright. I have no idea how the official one works. This one does have 2 rubber feet on one side too, but the other part that holds the tablet upright is slippery, so it falls.

On my Samsung case, the edge of the case (connector side) is rubberized. The opposite edge, with the flap folded under, is also rubbery and provides enough grip to stand up on a desk or on my lap.
13th February 2013, 03:46 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

437 posts
Re: Has anyone tried China made Book Cover case for Galaxy tab 10.1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99

On my Samsung case, the edge of the case (connector side) is rubberized. The opposite edge, with the flap folded under, is also rubbery and provides enough grip to stand up on a desk or on my lap.

Hmm thanks for letting me know. I think for this one, the part where the flap is is not rubbery. So it cant stand. I guess this is one disadvantage of buying this fake one

Ill still use this as its not a big deal for me, but others should be noted!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD
30th May 2013, 11:40 AM   |  #6  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankdw

It seems a little expensive~~

I don't know, it looks pretty good to me... the problem is that it takes bloody ages to go through customs
Last edited by Valdagor; 30th May 2013 at 11:45 AM.
20th June 2013, 07:43 PM   |  #7  
Flag Wien
Thanks Meter: 5

50 posts
Quote:

12$ for etui is expensive ??
9th August 2013, 03:37 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Tutorial Exactly
Quote:

I'm from China, the pricing seems to be in luxury range for a thing produced in China.
$13 dollars means 80RMB, which is the daily income for middle class Chinese.

The bright side is the quality is probably good, which is what you can expect from a 80RMB product in China.
But the material may not be genuine leather, which happens a lot for products under 200RMB in China.
15th August 2013, 09:07 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 28

23 posts
Looks, functions and feels like the official ones
16th November 2013, 08:28 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 6

172 posts
Looks very nice. I like that it's a lot slimmer than my case, and I would buy it if I could charge the tablet with the case fully on and closed like I can with my case:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTnaXsHPvNg

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread