Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,309 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NFC UPDATE] [App] Fast File Transfer - The WiFi Direct For The Rest Of Us

Tip us?

FD_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnsdhrn View Post
Can files be transferred from a windows PC to phone using this apk?
pnsdhrn
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
i'm curious too , tried but cud not figure it out
This is not currently possible with Fast File Transfer. Will consider implementing it in a future version.

Quote:
Awessome app Indeed , THankyou , but not working if sending file from android to iphone 4s and 3gs (tested on both from my pantech burst [on ICS ]) but works fine from android to android (tested on pantech burst and HTC desire S)
What exactly did not work? Some files cannot be opened by the iPhone, and e.g. videos are streamed instead of downloaded by iOS devices, but that behavior is caused by Safari, so I can't change it.
Transfer files via WiFi - without the need of an existing WiFi connection: Fast File Transfer for Android

helmycapuchino
Old
Thanks Meter 3
very interesting applications
The Following User Says Thank You to helmycapuchino For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkboyR
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Thumbs up Nice

Nice App... Too bad it doesnt work on my razr... i will test it on my I9100 though.... keep up the good work and thanks for the app!!!

vickee4u
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up WiFi File Transfer For Wp7 to 7.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD_ View Post
Fast File Transfer is a free Android app that uses WiFi tethering for file transfers between two devices.
This technology allows for speeds of more than 32 Mbit/s, which means e.g. 1 Gigabyte in under 5 minutes.
The app has received an update recently and now allows to display QR codes for easier setting up the receiving device.

Features:
  • Up to 20x speed of bluetooth
  • The receiver is device-independent
  • No need for a common Wi-Fi connection
  • No data usage for file transfers
  • The receiver does not have to have the app installed
  • Send single or multiple files
  • Easy to setup:
  • Use QR codes to allow the receiver to easily connect to the wifi and open the receiving URL

Facts:

Fast File Transfer
Developer: Florian Draschbacher
Price: Free
Platform: Android 2.3 and higher

Play Store Link:
http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...stfiletransfer

PLEASE NOTE:
The app does not work on:
Motorola Razr devices (Restarts phone; Problem in Motorola's Android implementation)
Most HTC One devices
HTC EVO devices
Some Galaxy Y devices
Devices that don't have a WiFi Tethering setting, such as the Nexus 7

These problems on specific devices are caused by restrictions and changes of manufacturers or carriers that make it impossible for the app to access WiFi tethering. Please don't write bad reviews mentioning the app does not work on a device listed above.

Please feel free to ask questions or make suggestions for future updates!
Dear Fnd
Is it possibel same application for all windows phone 7. to 7.8 which can replace Bluetooth instantly
Thank you

Nokia Lumia 822
Samsung Focus (AT&T) unlocked .;
Now on WP 7.8 & Waiting WP8 to be ported on Gen 1 & 2 Phones

sekhar13515
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Thanks for this creative app and idea..
IZS by Huexxx
The Following User Says Thank You to sekhar13515 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yani2000
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Awessome app Indeed , THankyou , but not working if sending file from android to iphone 4s and 3gs (tested on both from my pantech burst [on ICS ]) but works fine from android to android (tested on pantech burst and HTC desire S)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD_ View Post
What exactly did not work? Some files cannot be opened by the iPhone, and e.g. videos are streamed instead of downloaded by iOS devices, but that behavior is caused by Safari, so I can't change it.
Yeah, same result with WiFi File Transfer Pro. It didn't work with an iPhone because of how Apple refuses to give users access to their files on their own device.

I used WiFi File Transfer Pro up until now, but will of course try your app, because it's an enhanced/upgraded version of WiFi File Transfer Pro.
WiFi File Transfer Pro only makes a web server and needs a common Wi-Fi connection and you can send only 1 file at a time.

But to all of you that have problems with this app and want to transfer files between two devices also try WiFi File Transfer (free) and then upgrade to WiFi File Transfer Pro (paid) if it's working for you.
Or you could of course wait for support on more devices from this excellent app from FD_.

Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 Android OS v4.0.4 (AOSP):
ROM: Slim ICS v4.2
KERNEL: Semaphore ICS v1.3.0s
MODEM: I9000XXJW4

Point Of View Mobii 10.1" Tegra (3G) (Advent Vega clone) Android OS v4.1.2 (AOSP):
ROM: VegaBean Beta 6

FD_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickee4u View Post
Dear Fnd
Is it possibel same application for all windows phone 7. to 7.8 which can replace Bluetooth instantly
Thank you
No, this is not possible. You can't start programmatically control WiFi on WP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yani2000 View Post
Yeah, same result with WiFi File Transfer Pro. It didn't work with an iPhone because of how Apple refuses to give users access to their files on their own device.
I tested this with various file formats and came to the result that it works, if you have an app installed on the iPhone that supports the file type you are sending. Moreover, videos, maybe MP3s too, will be streamed instead of downloaded by iOS devices, which is caused by Safari.

What specific problem have you experienced?
Transfer files via WiFi - without the need of an existing WiFi connection: Fast File Transfer for Android

samanrezaei
Old
Thanks Meter 1
working on galaxy gio
Android 4.2.1
thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to samanrezaei For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Barkat.Paki
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Thanks for the awesome idea.
Have someone tested it with htc explorer?
It keeps on initializing.......

SilencerOfLambs
Old
Thanks Meter 1132

DONATE TO ME
This is awesome.

Keep up the great work.

The Following User Says Thank You to SilencerOfLambs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]