Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 39,996 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.2.2 OTA Update

Tip us?

ninfragile14
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I am on cm 10.1 with clockwork recovery right now. I would really like to try out the update. I have tried several times to flash the stock image with fastboot so I can go through the upgrades. However, everytime, it stops at sending.... bootloader and just sits there. the drivers are installed and fastboot sees my device but wont flash anything. any tips??

Fromako
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermidas View Post
Sssoo, I've read through the entire thread looking for a change log, and didn't see anybody post one. But from what I can tell, it didn't update anything significant, and even more, people are STILL getting random idle reboots. Conclusion: I'll just stay on AOKP 4.2.1....
The summary so far is fixes for bluetooth streaming, long-press quick toggles and general bug fixes. I'm giving 4.2.2 a chance but if I start getting reboots I'll go back to AOKP as well.

ninfragile14
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Sssoo, I've read through the entire thread looking for a change log, and didn't see anybody post one. But from what I can tell, it didn't update anything significant, and even more, people are STILL getting random idle reboots. Conclusion: I'll just stay on AOKP 4.2.1....

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

For me the bluetooth fixes would be a big deal. I can't use a mouse and keyboard while on wifi and movies studder while listening via bluetooth. I really need bluetooth to work properly.

pfmiller
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Did you try this thread?

Some changes relating to the soft restarts are mentioned in the change log, so it should be better now. I've only seen one person reporting a reboot post 4.2.2, so it seems a little soon to say it's not any better.
The Following User Says Thank You to pfmiller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sl4y3r88
Old
Thanks Meter 1
What is the basis that Google uses to push updates? Why don't all Takju users get it at the same time? Is it IP based? Are there any priorities or something like that? Just curious.

mistermidas
Old
Thanks Meter 240
Default Re: Android 4.2.2 OTA Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfmiller View Post
Did you try this thread?

Some changes relating to the soft restarts are mentioned in the change log, so it should be better now. I've only seen one person reporting a reboot post 4.2.2, so it seems a little soon to say it's not any better.
Nope, I'll take a look at that, thanks. Either way though, I like the setup i have now a lot. So unless i see something major updated, more than a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth toggle and some animations, I'll just wait until the developers, namely for AOKP roll out the 4.2.2. ROMs.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

espionage724
Old
(Last edited by espionage724; 13th February 2013 at 05:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
Here's exactly how I updated:

- Used 4.2 Factory Image
- Rebooted immediately back to Bootloader after the flash-all.bat was complete (didn't let OS boot)
- Locked Bootloader
- Went to Recovery
- Sideloaded the 4.2 to 4.2.1 update
- Sideloaded the 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 update immediately afterwards
- Wiped Data and Cache
- Rebooted

So far everything seems well.

For some weird reason when I first restocked my device, I wasn't able to access Recovery after OTA updating from 4.2 to 4.2.1 (got "No command."). No idea what was up with that.

Device Ownership:

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber

xXFallenXx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthygoat223996 View Post
Any word when nexus 10s in Canada will get the update?

Sent from my Amaze 4G using xda app-developers app
I got mine around 10pm. I had to clear the google services framework data.
I flashed the factory image, got the 4.2.1 ota, and then waited a while but the 4.2.2 didn't come on its own(*unlike 4.2.1)
Clearing the google services framework data and then checking for updates worked immediately.

mieszk3
Old
(Last edited by mieszk3; 13th February 2013 at 09:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 52
I merged updates of google apps with ROM using Titanium Backup and now OTA update doesn't go because of hash code checking. Does anyone have original apks from 4.2.1 version? Or maybe some hint how to get them?
I need: CalendarGoogle.apk, Chrome.apk, Currents.apk, Gmail2.apk, GmsCore.apk, GoogleEarth.apk, Maps.apk, Music2.apk, Phonesky.apk, PlusOne.apk, Street.apk, talkback.apk, Velvet.apk and YouTube.apk. And the proper odex files if exist.

Thanks in advance.

----- Edited -----
Ok, i extracted origonal apk from stock system.img. Now I will try to downgrade apks to stock one.
I failed on odex.p files and patches.
Samsung i9001 Galaxy S+
Google Nexus 5 16GB
Google Nexus 10 32GB

pfmiller
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl4y3r88 View Post
What is the basis that Google uses to push updates? Why don't all Takju users get it at the same time? Is it IP based? Are there any priorities or something like that? Just curious.
I don't think anyone outside of Mountain View knows the answer to that. I would guess since the deleting the Services Framework trick really does seem to work, it may be based on some random device ID assigned to each device when the device first logs in with a Google account but that's just my theory.