FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[ROM][Myth Team][No more Support] Last Myth

1,076 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,007
 
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th February 2013, 12:01 PM |#651  
[N]anoŽ's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
guys, what is "seeder" app for?? I tried enabling it but I can't notice any difference... and um... this ROM's battery life is not as good as the 2nd one. Anything I can do to improve the battery life?? Man, I prefer this orange theme than the green one and further more the analog clock widget in this ROM is more beautiful than the old one
 
 
12th February 2013, 01:29 PM |#652  
Prawesome's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Error 404- Not found
Thanks Meter: 1,726
 
More
Re: [ROM][Myth Team] Last Myth
Quote:
Originally Posted by [N]anoŽ

guys, what is "seeder" app for?? I tried enabling it but I can't notice any difference... and um... this ROM's battery life is not as good as the 2nd one. Anything I can do to improve the battery life?? Man, I prefer this orange theme than the green one and further more the analog clock widget in this ROM is more beautiful than the old one

I agree
Seeder app is, according to the app developer, is going to make your rom fasster. But its pathetic and does not to do anything, because what the seeder does, android system already does. It has been proved to be a placebo by great devs
Ya, agreed on the battery life, its really mediocre. Nothing much you can do about it. If it wasn't for the theme and the analog clock in the new one, I would have switched back to 2. We think alike it seems

le random signature o.o
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prawesome For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2013, 01:42 PM |#653  
[N]anoŽ's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawesome

I agree
Seeder app is, according to the app developer, is going to make your rom fasster. But its pathetic and does not to do anything, because what the seeder does, android system already does. It has been proved to be a placebo by great devs
Ya, agreed on the battery life, its really mediocre. Nothing much you can do about it. If it wasn't for the theme and the analog clock in the new one, I would have switched back to 2. We think alike it seems

le random signature o.o

yes! The battery is really bad. I was shocked. It feels just like when I'm using CM9,10,10.1 ROMs lol. But what is the main reason for this pity for exactly? Because the status bar is white instead of black like The Myth 2?? I have read in somewhere about how black theme and wallpaper comsume less power than other colors and... I don't know if this can explain why the battery life is so bad in this ROM
12th February 2013, 05:38 PM |#654  
Prawesome's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Error 404- Not found
Thanks Meter: 1,726
 
More
I have no idea, but i think its caused by the colour scheme. White colour means the display is going to drink more battery juice. Display colours do play a role in battery consumption
12th February 2013, 10:15 PM |#655  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 217
 
More
Service A myth... on the Myth!
Displayed colour, black or withe, in the ACE's display doesn't bring any difference in power consumption. The ACE' display is LCD, NOT "whateverLED" type, and actually -it may seems strange- the power consuption is slight more with dark images than with full withe images (with the same backlight). The only way for the Ace's screen to consume less power is the dynamic backlight adjustment (it does NOT have this ability) automatically decreasing the backlight intensity when displayed images are dark. Then, the myth dark image (on the ACE)=less power consumption is only... a myth! For sure, in the ACE S5830, with white or black images, the required battery power depends ONLY on the backlight intensity. Regards!
The Following User Says Thank You to orsonbear For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 01:24 AM |#656  
Viper The Ripper's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 957
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orsonbear

Displayed colour, black or withe, in the ACE's display doesn't bring any difference in power consumption. The ACE' display is LCD, NOT "whateverLED" type, and actually -it may seems strange- the power consuption is slight more with dark images than with full withe images (with the same backlight). The only way for the Ace's screen to consume less power is the dynamic backlight adjustment (it does NOT have this ability) automatically decreasing the backlight intensity when displayed images are dark. Then, the myth dark image (on the ACE)=less power consumption is only... a myth! For sure, in the ACE S5830, with white or black images, the required battery power depends ONLY on the backlight intensity. Regards!

Yeah! That's OK!

I think the battery drain is caused by the highly themed layouts and schemes, STOCK GB themes (as Stocklite) and Bareboned ROM( without a lot of proceses running in the background) are better to save battery and I agree with orsonbear, so reducing the backlight intensity is the best way to save power you can reduce it more with a terminal emulator than Settings allow you
13th February 2013, 05:23 AM |#657  
[N]anoŽ's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Re: [ROM][Myth Team] Last Myth
How can I reduce the backlight intensity? I have no idea what that means. Does it mean... decreasing the brightness???
And if I calibrate my battery, will there be any improvement???

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 08:48 AM |#658  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 217
 
More
Power consumption depends vastly, as Viper said, also by the rom. A bareboned stock or custom rom, cleaned from bloatware and other useless software eating cpu power is the best on the power consumption side. Then, lowering the cpu clock, mantaining as low as possible the display brightness, avoiding not essential app running in the background, turning off the devices not in use as wifi or bluetooth, all this an other things can help to mantain low the battery drain. But each rom requires different strategy and each user has a personal taste in using phone: power consumption saving is a weird science!
The Following User Says Thank You to orsonbear For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 10:29 AM |#659  
Viper The Ripper's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 957
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [N]anoŽ

How can I reduce the backlight intensity? I have no idea what that means. Does it mean... decreasing the brightness???
And if I calibrate my battery, will there be any improvement???

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

Yes, descreasing brightness
and In my opinion to calibrate the battery won't increase its length, but you'll see that your battery is spent homogeneously, and you'll noticed that .
...and about how to... I always install a Terminal Emulator in every Rom I try and I tip it to help to save power:

Power off menu and back buttons
Code:
su
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
Decrease screen brightness
Code:
su
echo 15 > /sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness
Last edited by Viper The Ripper; 13th February 2013 at 10:51 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viper The Ripper For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 05:23 PM |#660  
soya88's Avatar
Member
Flag malaysia
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
thanx viper for Decrease screen brightness by terminal emulator.
but if i want to turn it back to normal, so how to do it?
13th February 2013, 06:01 PM |#661  
Viper The Ripper's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 957
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soya88

thanx viper for Decrease screen brightness by terminal emulator.
but if i want to turn it back to normal, so how to do it?

It's a piece of cake, so I think brightness level is 30 by default, so fist of all you need to change permissions to rw-r--r-, changing chmod command line by this way "chmod 444..." to "chmod 644..." and then change echo command line from "echo 15 >..." to "echo 30 >..." finally you'll use again the "chmod 444..." (r--r--r--) permission to keep your brightness level

If you want that this tweak always start when you turn on your mobile, I'll try to make a script file
Last edited by Viper The Ripper; 13th February 2013 at 10:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Viper The Ripper For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes