Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RoM][XWLSZ-4.1.2-JB][SHOstock3 v4.0] [10/13/13]["RiseUp Edition"]

Tip us?

soyusa
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0p3nsrc View Post
So, my internal storage went read only... turned out that it was related to player pro..

In the event this ever happens to anyone else, here is how to fix it:
1- install terminal emulator app
2- open app, type in su and give root access
3- type mount to show all mount points. Look for /storage/sdcard0. It will be /dev/block/vold/###:# (mine was 279:3)
4- type fsck_msdos -y /dev/block/vold/(whatever your numbers are.)

This will check the file system and fix anything it finds. The -y is just an operator to auto answer yes to all prompts.

Turns out my player pro folder started with a bunch of free clusters. After the fsck command completed, I rebooted and all is good.

Sent from my TARDIS
Hi... I experiencing the same problem as you reported earlier "Inside the folder is a lot of 0 byte files with word symbols for names".
I managed to delete the folders and files in internal storage after connect to PC, then the read issue has been solved.

Somehow there is one file with 0 byte remain inside there and I unable to delete it.
I tried the steps you mentioned via terminal emulator with su access, follow by command:

fsck_msdos -y /dev/block/vold/259:3

reboot phone and the file remain there after I delete it, any suggestion to delete it? Thanks...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC.png
Views:	501
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1725593   Click image for larger version

Name:	terminal_01.png
Views:	498
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	1725624   Click image for larger version

Name:	terminal_02.png
Views:	504
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1725625  
Galaxy Note 3 N9005 (Stock) - Primary Phone
Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9205 (rooted)
HTC One X (Stock)
Galaxy Camera EK-GC100 (rooted)
Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 (WanamLite 4.1.2 JB) - Secondary Phone

Eternalty
Old
Thanks Meter 646
Default Re: [RoM][XWLSD-4.1.2-JB][SHOstock3 v2.5.1] [02/10/13]["JellyBlizzard Release"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijtable View Post
I know it works for most people, but it hasn't worked on my device since upgrading to 2.5.1.

No clue what that comes from. Worked on 2.1 and Shostock2, but the phone just does nothing now on keypress. Not worried, unless someone tells me I should be. I figure sharing more strange stuff is better for the community.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
No problems taking a screenshot on 2.5.1 here try holding it down for a second or two it should work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eternalty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vijtable
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: [RoM][XWLSD-4.1.2-JB][SHOstock3 v2.5.1] [02/10/13]["JellyBlizzard Release"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonarev View Post
No problems taking a screenshot on 2.5.1 here try holding it down for a second or two it should work
Well I feel stupid. Longer delay than my previous rom and I just got used to it, I never thought to hold it a second longer. Thanks!

rockzanei
Old
Thanks Meter 11
the new kernel with CPU ADJUSTER APP is super smooth-powerful-stable i have ever seen.. just tried playing THE CHASE chapter of MODERN COMBAT 3 & MODERN COMBAT 4 with GPU OVERCLOCKED to 600 mhz(1100 mv) and its running with 0% lag..
The Following User Says Thank You to rockzanei For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arkhipenko
Old
Thanks Meter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3collar View Post
Anytime you reboot with this phone without plugging in the charger first, you will get a major battery drop and slowly it will go back up even without being plugged in. It has happened on this phone forever. But if it is rebooting on its own, that is not right.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

I will agree that 2.0 had awesome battery life with no tweaks. 2.1.5 is still good, but not as good.

One or two percent yes, but not from 100% to 17%! That is not normal. Probably a hardware issue.

I cleaned the usb port but it never helped. Thankfully the port was operational enough to allow me flash the stock back and bring it to AT&T service center. The tech there assured me that it was a software problem and reflashed the phone twice with latest at&t ics rom, but the problem was still there. Then he declared it was battery's fault. So we replaced the battery, and the issue was still there.
Finally after wasting almost 2 hours of my time he admitted it must be a hardware issue and replaced the phone.

rockzanei
Old
Thanks Meter 11
it will b nice if JEBOO adds CHARGING VOLTAGE CONTROL in the future kernel

bleedingthru
Old
Thanks Meter 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhipenko View Post
One or two percent yes, but not from 100% to 17%! That is not normal. Probably a hardware issue.

I cleaned the usb port but it never helped. Thankfully the port was operational enough to allow me flash the stock back and bring it to AT&T service center. The tech there assured me that it was a software problem and reflashed the phone twice with latest at&t ics rom, but the problem was still there. Then he declared it was battery's fault. So we replaced the battery, and the issue was still there.
Finally after wasting almost 2 hours of my time he admitted it must be a hardware issue and replaced the phone.

They played that crap with me too saying my phone had software issues and I "was on" stock ics lol

Originally Posted by Nick281051
It makes it so that you don't have to wear pants when you press it. Doesn't matter where you are.

jcomana
Old
(Last edited by jcomana; 13th February 2013 at 01:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesande View Post
Is this still true in 2.1 ?

The "edit" button for multi window doesn't work properly.
To fix it: Go to settings/application manager/ALL tab and search for "com.sec.android.app.flashbarservice", Force stop and clear data. Should work fine after that. This will allow you to put only the apps you want in there.

I tried it and still no love trying to edit multi window.

edit...
Tried a reboot as well with no go...

Side note, I have run 3 full charge and discharge since loading 2.1
was 53% battery when rebooted went to 13% and warned to plug in.

edit #2.
Sorry guys.
Turned off Multi Window
Rebooted
Turned back on
Able to edit now.
And on 2nd reboot battery went back to 46% (FWIW rebooted with phone plugged in)

Tried a 3rd reboot with MW turned on and unplugged.
Battery shows 46% still
MW editing no go...

Seems I have to disable MW then reboot, then enable, to edit.
Found my workaround.

May be a false alarm... appologies if I am rambling

Thanks
+1
I tried to tested the Battery performance during the night. From 10 pm to 3 am the phone dropped from 97% to 62% with no use. I rebooted and fall to 12%. I insisted to reboot a couple of time more and the next results only loose 1% and stabilized on 10%. I have installed 2.5.1 with no treaks and no multi window.

Is it normal this issues.???

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

cdobeso
Old
Thanks Meter 14

Just flashed last night, impressive!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

jeepdude1
Old
Thanks Meter 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesande View Post
Is this still true in 2.1 ?

The "edit" button for multi window doesn't work properly.
To fix it: Go to settings/application manager/ALL tab and search for "com.sec.android.app.flashbarservice", Force stop and clear data. Should work fine after that. This will allow you to put only the apps you want in there.

I tried it and still no love trying to edit multi window.

edit...
Tried a reboot as well with no go...

Side note, I have run 3 full charge and discharge since loading 2.1
was 53% battery when rebooted went to 13% and warned to plug in.

edit #2.
Sorry guys.
Turned off Multi Window
Rebooted
Turned back on
Able to edit now.
And on 2nd reboot battery went back to 46% (FWIW rebooted with phone plugged in)

Tried a 3rd reboot with MW turned on and unplugged.
Battery shows 46% still
MW editing no go...

Seems I have to disable MW then reboot, then enable, to edit.
Found my workaround.

May be a false alarm... appologies if I am rambling

Thanks
Anyone know what causes the multi window to misfunction on and off?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2