[KERNEL][GPL] franco.Kernel - r17

11th February 2013, 07:48 PM   |  #371  
Thanks Meter: 59

335 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNewms

I'm shocked at how slow this thread moves compared to the n4 thread. I figured there was a ton of 10 owners out there.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Why are you shocked? There's nothing to report if the kernel isn't being updated anymore...
11th February 2013, 08:03 PM   |  #372  
Flag Bloomington
Thanks Meter: 1,289

2,158 posts
More
Re: [KERNEL][GPL] franco.Kernel - r4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dust.

Why are you shocked? There's nothing to report if the kernel isn't being updated anymore...

Only had the 10 for 2 days so not really up to speed on how often this is updated.

11th February 2013, 08:17 PM   |  #373  
Thanks Meter: 32

193 posts
Quote:

No, I'm just enjoying the device, thats why I bought it, it wasn't for developing - that comes after. Current state is pretty good though.

That is from Franco himself, just because it's slow doesn't mean it's not being updated. I'm a 100% positive France will continue to update this kernel, it's just not going at the speed some think is appropriate.

Some people just need to relax a bit.

Peace

Dan
The Following User Says Thank You to dowenprs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2013, 09:02 PM   |  #374  
Thanks Meter: 49

338 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowenprs

That is from Franco himself, just because it's slow doesn't mean it's not being updated. I'm a 100% positive France will continue to update this kernel, it's just not going at the speed some think is appropriate.

Some people just need to relax a bit.

Peace

Dan

Agree, he has just sorted out the colour in the nexus 4 and it is stable as hell. R71 is probably the milestone for the nexus 4. Let's hope he will move his development to the nexus 10

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 05:57 AM   |  #375  
Thanks Meter: 1,461

2,806 posts
More
Quote:

Only had the 10 for 2 days so not really up to speed on how often this is updated.

Nexus 10 forums (not just this thread) are about 3x slower than the Nexus 7. Nexus 10 is selling a lot but it is still $150-$250 more expensive than the Nexus 7. So while it is selling well it is still probably not moving anywhere close to the amount of volume the 7 is. 7 is a lose leader.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 06:19 AM   |  #376  
Flag Bayamon
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
More
Franco is working on kernel for us who also have the nexus 4 and he told a follower on his twitter this:

"Coming soon, had other priorities before adding some cool stuff to the N10 "

he reply that after some user told him that we miss him here at the nexus 10 forum.

So all we have left is to wait,but in the meanwhile i will keep tweaking my N4 with his kernel.
13th February 2013, 06:25 AM   |  #377  
Flag Bloomington

2,158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by styckx

Nexus 10 forums (not just this thread) are about 3x slower than the Nexus 7. Nexus 10 is selling a lot but it is still $150-$250 more expensive than the Nexus 7. So while it is selling well it is still probably not moving anywhere close to the amount of volume the 7 is. 7 is a lose leader.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

I've noticed they aren't as active as the N4 threads are. I really like what I'm running on it now, but I can't wait to see what Franco does with the 10's kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 07:57 AM   |  #378  
Thanks Meter: 1,461

2,806 posts
More
Quote:

I've noticed they aren't as active as the N4 threads are. I really like what I'm running on it now, but I can't wait to see what Franco does with the 10's kernel.

Tablets are just a different ball game. I used to own a Galaxy Tab 10.1. Bought it when it was released and kept it up to a month ago. That was a $500 retail tablet when it was new also. That forum was always rather slow too compared to the Nexus S forums (back when the phone was still hot property). It might just have to do with buzzwords. The general untechy population knows about rooting phones because of the buzz generated with jailbreaking iphones.. Those same people probably don't even connect the dots to tablets..
13th February 2013, 08:11 AM   |  #379  
Flag Bloomington

2,158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by styckx

Tablets are just a different ball game. I used to own a Galaxy Tab 10.1. Bought it when it was released and kept it up to a month ago. That was a $500 retail tablet when it was new also. That forum was always rather slow too compared to the Nexus S forums (back when the phone was still hot property). It might just have to do with buzzwords. The general untechy population knows about rooting phones because of the buzz generated with jailbreaking iphones.. Those same people probably don't even connect the dots to tablets..

If only they knew what they were missing...

14th February 2013, 03:52 AM   |  #380  
Flag Lima
Thanks Meter: 22

207 posts
More
Hi mates does anyone has the stock kernel for this device? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus 10 Original Android Development by ThreadRank