XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot flash t889v modem on t889v

Tip us?

CEEZYFNBABY
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheunk View Post
nope still waiting. I'm looking for one everyday. konvict905 is trying to help get us a stock wind ROM hopefully with a pit. I think he needs help with it though.
I don't understand why this is so difficult just for this 1 phone. it's killing me to have a galaxy note 2 hat doesn't work and I have to use my galaxy note 1. is there a program I can use to extract the pit file? because I'm pretty sure that I have the stock wind ROM but when I used it I still got the boot loop.

MitchPT
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Was a solution found? I have the same issue.

madhumper69
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wow this sucks its been 2 days i have been trying to figure this out as well...

renz0r0r
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheunk View Post
Hi I recently purchased a note II t889v, I didn't have a micro sim at the time to test it properly. I am stuck on edge:2 while on rogers. I then noticed that it had been flashed by the previous owner. So I looked around the forums.

Details:

-In download mode model is listed as sgh-t889v_NA_VTR
-I have tried to reflash to stock MCT T889VVLALJ4 gets stuck in boot loop
-extracted the modem.bin and flashed using odin and cwm flash. sometimes boots up to lock screen but crashes then reboots or freezes
-using t-mob t889 modem(T889UVALJ1_Modem.zip) allows me to start the and use the phone, but limits to edge:2
-IMEI is listed in the status

I'm trying to get the phone to connect to UMTS.

Any help or input would be appreciated thank you in advance.
I have the exact same problem, however flashing the T-Mo modem did not solve the bootloops. It will not make it past the boot animation.

CEEZYFNBABY
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by renz0r0r View Post
I have the exact same problem, however flashing the T-Mo modem did not solve the bootloops. It will not make it past the boot animation.
Hey guys.... are you still having this issue? I have actually solved my issue and never been so happy to use my phone!

hkfan
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEEZYFNBABY View Post
Hey guys.... are you still having this issue? I have actually solved my issue and never been so happy to use my phone!
How did you solve this

Sent from my SGH-T889V using Tapatalk 2
=============
Current Device
=============

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ( SGH-T889V ) || Nexus 7

=============
Past Devices
=============
Nokia 3310 > Panasonic GD 75 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia 3250 > Blackberry 8800 > Blackberry 8830 > Blackberry 8730e > Samsung Vibrant with FFC MOD

T-Mobile G2x || Nokia Lumia 710 || Iphone 3GS

madman604
Old
Thanks Meter 73
When I tried flashing the wind modem on my Tmob Note2, it boot looped. Try using the T mob modem.

Sent from a phone that's 2 Note-worthy, via XDA Premium HD app.

CEEZYFNBABY
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: [Q] Cannot flash t889v modem on t889v

I'm sorry I've been away... still in need of some help?

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app

ashwill
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEEZYFNBABY View Post
I'm sorry I've been away... still in need of some help?

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app
Yes please, I still need help. Samsung has returned my phone and they said warranty is void because of the custom ROM flashing.

Long story short, I lost my IMEI and baseband due to flashing a incompatible kernel.

NV item reader writer will not read my phone even in diag mode, saying no answer.

No luck on imei reinjection.

Need help.

If you have any suggestions please share with me, much appreciated.

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 318
Ashwill, one thing you could try is writing the m9kefs1, 2 and 3 partitions with the files hkfan uploaded in this thread from CWM or TWRP.

COM ports-wise, what do you see in Device Manager? (trying to make sure your setup looks OK to start with)
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM).
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G
Ingress Resistance - Level 8