FORUMS

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more

The Curious Case Of The Flash Sale

What do the horses in the Xiaomi stable, notably the Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2 & Redmi Note … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean - N7100 [Build v8.0][+WEEKLIES]

12th February 2013, 05:48 PM |#141  
lhex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkybeans_chocolate

if you mean the email.apk, go download the Extra.zip from the SlimBean Website!!!

I extracted email.apk and I got nothing.
I'm gonna try with email.apk and Exchange2.apk. I copied the files on system, wipe caches, and nothing.
Maybe I need to flash all the zip? which zip? extras.zip or extras_upgrade.

Edit: I flashed extras.zip and now it works. Thanks.
Last edited by lhex; 12th February 2013 at 05:56 PM.
 
 
12th February 2013, 05:57 PM |#142  
milkybeans_chocolate's Avatar
Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhex

I extracted email.apk and I got nothing.
I'm gonna try with email.apk and Exchange2.apk. I copied the files on system, wipe caches, and nothing.
Maybe I need to flash all the zip? which zip? extras.zip or extras_upgrade.

You gotta flash the extra.zip, not the extras_upgrade.zip. and try wipe Dalvik Cache also after flashing!
The former is for complete clean installation while the latter is for upgrading, let say from SlimBean RC1 to RC2.
Or you can simply flash the AIO add-on, where AIO stands for all in one!
Last edited by milkybeans_chocolate; 12th February 2013 at 06:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to milkybeans_chocolate For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2013, 07:59 PM |#143  
jcrompton's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hurricane, WV
Thanks Meter: 181
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkybeans_chocolate

You gotta flash the extra.zip, not the extras_upgrade.zip. and try wipe Dalvik Cache also after flashing!
The former is for complete clean installation while the latter is for upgrading, let say from SlimBean RC1 to RC2.
Or you can simply flash the AIO add-on, where AIO stands for all in one!

I just keep the extracted email.apk and the exchange2.apk files on my ext sdcard (I extracted them form the AIO add on zip) . move them to the /system folder and change the permissions read on all three and write on the top one

then you can just execute the apk file while it is in the system folder and it will install OR you can just reboot
12th February 2013, 11:19 PM |#144  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I installed this on my N7100 yesterday - did a full wipe/reset beforehand and then used CWM recovery to install slim bean followed by the gapps.

Couple of issues;
1)Chrome keeps freezing and crashing when I try edit text in the address or search bar
2)Stock browser occasionally just stops loading webpages. Responds to inputs/etc, but just doesn't load pages
3)A lot of apps run quite choppily when scrolling, stuff like Huff Post, Daily Mail, hotukdeals - all of these ran fine on stock 4.1.1

Any suggestions? Love the ROM other than that but having iffy browsing and poor app performance is kind of a deal breaker
12th February 2013, 11:31 PM |#145  
Infinite96's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,899
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedaha

I installed this on my N7100 yesterday - did a full wipe/reset beforehand and then used CWM recovery to install slim bean followed by the gapps.

Couple of issues;
1)Chrome keeps freezing and crashing when I try edit text in the address or search bar
2)Stock browser occasionally just stops loading webpages. Responds to inputs/etc, but just doesn't load pages
3)A lot of apps run quite choppily when scrolling, stuff like Huff Post, Daily Mail, hotukdeals - all of these ran fine on stock 4.1.1

Any suggestions? Love the ROM other than that but having iffy browsing and poor app performance is kind of a deal breaker

One question from me :P
Did you used Titanium Backup =)
13th February 2013, 12:14 AM |#146  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Nope! Stock Note 2, rooted using exynosabuse, installed cwm using Odin, did an efs backup, backed up using cwm, did a full wipe (including dalvik) and installed slim bean and the slim gapps! All apps added after were added manually using the market and one-by-one
13th February 2013, 12:53 AM |#147  
Weetbix's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kariong
Thanks Meter: 180
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedaha

1)Chrome keeps freezing and crashing when I try edit text in the address or search bar

I think this is Chrome, not the ROM. I'm currently playing around with another 4.2.1 rom and I get exactly the same thing with Chrome.
13th February 2013, 06:02 AM |#148  
milkybeans_chocolate's Avatar
Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedaha

I installed this on my N7100 yesterday - did a full wipe/reset beforehand and then used CWM recovery to install slim bean followed by the gapps.

Couple of issues;
3)A lot of apps run quite choppily when scrolling, stuff like Huff Post, Daily Mail, hotukdeals - all of these ran fine on stock 4.1.1

erm... there are loads of stuff you can try!
For example,
1. tune your minfree value with the system tuner which can be download from market
2. flash another kernel over the one built by mnazim. (The one built by mnazim is good enough for daily use, but i just wanna have scoobydoo sounds for better audio experience. so i flash Redpill kernel) and you can tweak the cpu settings for more demanding tasks

Personally, i at times play dead trigger on my note 2 and so far no lagging at all!
13th February 2013, 07:21 AM |#149  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Why would the minfree value have a noticeable effect on a phone like the Note 2? And I don't think I need a different kernel to use quite lightweight apps without choppiness, there's obviously something wrong that shouldn't be.
13th February 2013, 08:16 AM |#150  
milkybeans_chocolate's Avatar
Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedaha

Why would the minfree value have a noticeable effect on a phone like the Note 2? And I don't think I need a different kernel to use quite lightweight apps without choppiness, there's obviously something wrong that shouldn't be.

yup, i agree. so that's why i am saying i have VERY GOOD performance esp. while playing heavy game!
did you have a clean installation first of all? might be you gotta give mnazim a logcat of what's wrong so he will then be able to figure out what's wrong.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2.1, aosp, fast, light, slim bean
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes