Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 48,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [d2vzw]

Tip us?
 
luv2increase
Old
#511  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 393
Join Date: May 2010
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] Feb 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly03 View Post
in no way can i get this battery life...
You are on the wrong kernel and/or with the wrong governor and/or with the wrong scheduler.

The ROM is only a part of the equation. A ridiculously battery intensive app(s) could cause this too. GPS on all the time especially with apps on that use it destroy battery life.

Don't blame the ROM. Troubleshoot to find the culprit. Usually if everyone else is getting good results but you are not, it may be something with your particular setup.

Also, your battery may be getting bad on you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
 
bobloblaw1
Old
#512  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 417
Posts: 1,220
Join Date: May 2010
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] Feb 6

Signal strength makes a big difference as well. Tweak all you want but those who have consistently strong signal will always have much much more impressive battery results.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to bobloblaw1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
griz.droidx
Old
#513  
griz.droidx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 402
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Big Rock,
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2increase View Post
You are on the wrong kernel and/or with the wrong governor and/or with the wrong scheduler.

The ROM is only a part of the equation. A ridiculously battery intensive app(s) could cause this too. GPS on all the time especially with apps on that use it destroy battery life.

Don't blame the ROM. Troubleshoot to find the culprit. Usually if everyone else is getting good results but you are not, it may be something with your particular setup.

Also, your battery may be getting bad on you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw1 View Post
Signal strength makes a big difference as well. Tweak all you want but those who have consistently strong signal will always have much much more impressive battery results.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Amen to both... One question, if you're in a poor signal strength area, but use wifi all day instead, send some texts, make some calls, playy a little freecell. will you get better life than not using data. I can get 3g at work as well, but again signal is poor.
 
Neverender326
Old
#514  
Neverender326's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 106
Posts: 232
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] Feb 6

Everyone should use llama to disable data/wifi when the screen turns off. My batt lasts for days

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
 
griz.droidx
Old
#515  
griz.droidx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 402
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Big Rock,
Default Nice Rom and Nice job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverender326 View Post
Everyone should use llama to disable data/wifi when the screen turns off. My batt lasts for days

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Greetings fellows, I can't remember if I posted or not after installing last night since it was late, and I had to get up early.

These are the Features I'm looking for. Nice to see the notification style options included. Gonna ride this Rom for a while and see how things go. I'm sure it will go well. Good Job guys on Making/Forking a New Nice Rom.

Would the inverted slim gapps work with this? I tihnk they should.

Congrads again on a job well done.
 
dlongb13
Old
#516  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 239
Join Date: Dec 2009
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] Feb 6



Anyone else getting a transparent status bar and weird icons on the lock screen like this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
 
ddurandSGS3
Old
#517  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 405
Posts: 1,609
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlongb13 View Post


Anyone else getting a transparent status bar and weird icons on the lock screen like this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

your pic is broken

intercace has transparency settings in it.
 
duncan254
Old
#518  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 108
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] Feb 6

Anyone else using cwm and seeing no Backups in that folder but they are there in recovery. Will restore still work if need be. How to fix?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
 
tihsllub
Old
#519  
tihsllub's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 233
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] Feb 6

So I flashed the ROM and WiFi doesn't work. Authentication issues. I'm currently running liquid until this ROM receives the updates to become a daily driver.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
 
xdapadogx
Old
#520  
xdapadogx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 158
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] Feb 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan254 View Post
Anyone else using cwm and seeing no Backups in that folder but they are there in recovery. Will restore still work if need be. How to fix?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Did you push it to your system media folder?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Tags
carbon, carbonrom
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes