13th February 2013, 04:54 AM   |  #4991  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 52,693

24,020 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2tegg

I'm just saying basing a ROMs "battery performance" with the screen off is a pointless test. To me anyways its how long the sucker will last while I'm using it is all I care about.
And your right, not all phones /ROMs will perform the same under those circumstances. If you have more accounts that are synced, for example, I'm sure it will cause more of a drain.
Regardless I'm downloading this ROM now. I'll see how it performs compared to Jedi. So far I'm at 17 hours/3 hours screen time with 50 %. While downloading this ROM in the background haha. I'll report tomorrow evening on the results.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Once again, this is a subjective measurement. We are just having fun. Dont take it too serious. But........................

I really believe screen off is more indicative of performance in a controlled test environment. With screen on there can be a number of factors that have to be taken into consideration.

I can just keep turning my screen on with lowest brightness and do nothing or I can turn my screen on with highest brightness and keep zipping and unzipping zip files on my SD card while I am playing Angry birds.

The latter will be much more power consuming.

So you see what I am saying? Screen on time is not all equal. It depends what you do with the screen on.

Hope that explains what I am trying to tell you better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Bus

I'd like to add off of WiFi too...

No.... Not fair. I use WiFi at home and I leave it on all the time so that is not part of the rules
Last edited by scrosler; 13th February 2013 at 04:56 AM.
13th February 2013, 05:05 AM   |  #4992  
Thanks Meter: 104

553 posts
Re: [ROM][2/9] CleanROM ACE 4.5 -★| Unrivaled Performance Stability! | The Clean Way!
What did I start with this battery thing. Anyhow my battery is awesome with out having installed group cast or mobile print. I wonder if one of those is the problem.

Sent from my GN2 using XDA app.
13th February 2013, 05:23 AM   |  #4993  
Thanks Meter: 7

184 posts
Re: [ROM][2/9] CleanROM ACE 4.5 -★| Unrivaled Performance Stability! | The Clean Way!
Just wanted to say thanks for a great rom. Install was smooth and easy. Hope battery is as good as most say. Will donate one I test for a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 05:49 AM   |  #4994  
Flag Souther California
Thanks Meter: 25

88 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

I hardly get any donations anymore And there are 3 or 4 people that are nice to me...

Not that I am complaining I will still make the best ROM I can.

With all the praise Scott gets, deservedly so, anyone that makes his ROM their daily drive should make a visit to PayPal. Just saying, he asks for so little in return.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFletch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 06:02 AM   |  #4995  
Thanks Meter: 111

409 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandFinale2001

I did this too one weekend. I went home to visit my parents after I did a fresh install and didn't have time to restore my apps and settings so it was bare stock the whole. I can't remember the exact numbers but I'm pretty sure I could have gone the whole weekend without charging. Got back home and got my apps back on my phone and my battery was cut in half, though it was not terrible and I could get through a day without charging. There are so many factors that lead to battery drain I almost given up on the subject. I like to use every aspect of the phone and try not to worry about if it will drain the battery. I say if you can make it from whenever you wake up and unplug it to whenever you're ready to go to sleep and are done with the phone; you're doing quite well.

Yeah, I piled up the apps and there's the battery drain again. I have access to chargers everywhere I go, literally. I just like to see where this thing can be the most efficient as possible just for shots and giggles. When other users post battery stats and I'm getting less. It just motivates me to see what I could possibly do to match it .

Scrosler makes a very good point with screen on times. it can variate SOOO much with what actual tasks your phone is carrying out with the screen on. Idle time in ideal conditions is better to measure.
13th February 2013, 06:05 AM   |  #4996  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 73

430 posts
More
Quote:

Oh and if you are going to play the game

1. You cant use airplane mode

2. You cant use power saver

Agreed on the rules. Do we start now or let everyone get a full charge overnight and start the game in the morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
13th February 2013, 06:40 AM   |  #4997  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 52,693

24,020 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkboy69

Agreed on the rules. Do we start now or let everyone get a full charge overnight and start the game in the morning.

You can start any time you want. Mine is been going for over 24 hours.

Post your uptime at between 1 and 5%

Whoever went the longest wins a free ROM download of there choice

If I then you guys have to make ME a ROM
Last edited by scrosler; 13th February 2013 at 06:44 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 06:51 AM   |  #4998  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 73

430 posts
More
Quote:

If I make a rom your phone will be unuseable.

13th February 2013, 06:59 AM   |  #4999  
Flag Tornados City
Thanks Meter: 893

2,719 posts
More
If we make a rom, will you promise you will use it for a week? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 07:08 AM   |  #5000  
Thanks Meter: 173

724 posts
Quote:

Careful! We may be having you flash a fully walled garden ios or Windows 6.5 or 8 rom!

-----
I would love to help you, but help yourself first: ask a better question
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

The Following User Says Thank You to spycedtx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
clean rom, scrosler
Previous Thread Next Thread