Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc

OP ogdobber

10th February 2013, 05:50 AM   |  #2931  
Flag Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 11

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondPJR

I felt that way too at first, but then I just put the pertinent files in a folder on my extSDcard (I always stay with Samsung based ROMs), including a saved copy of the modded build.prop. That means all I have to do is remember to reset GW before I flash a new ROM. When new ROM is flashed it's a cinch to reinstall GW![COLOR="Silver"]

so if i understand this i guess you would rename the build.prop file to .bak then copy and paste
the modded file on the extsd into the system folder then run the wallet setup and eventually
restore the original build.prop ?
10th February 2013, 03:47 PM   |  #2932  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 672

2,346 posts
More
Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc
Does anyone know,
Google wallet works only in places where they have the sign for Google wallet accepted, or at any place they have fast pass nfc scanners at registers?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
10th February 2013, 11:15 PM   |  #2933  
Flag Lethbridge
Thanks Meter: 32

107 posts
Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger76

Does anyone know,
Google wallet works only in places where they have the sign for Google wallet accepted, or at any place they have fast pass nfc scanners at registers?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Anywhere they have the scanners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
11th February 2013, 11:26 PM   |  #2934  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 668

4,152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Staff

97? or 96...

1.6 here as well (on 96), I think it's been 1.6 for a few versions now.

Oppps! My bad, 96.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by parishm@comcast.net

so if i understand this i guess you would rename the build.prop file to .bak then copy and paste
the modded file on the extsd into the system folder then run the wallet setup and eventually
restore the original build.prop ?

Not exactly. When you mod build.prop the original renamed to .bak is created automatically. I just copy/saved the modded version to sdcard before deleting it and restoring the original. That way next time just name the original .bak manually and copy/paste the modded saved version from sdcard. Saves a little time.
12th February 2013, 08:50 PM   |  #2935  
Flag Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 11

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondPJR

Oppps! My bad, 96.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Not exactly. When you mod build.prop the original renamed to .bak is created automatically. I just copy/saved the modded version to sdcard before deleting it and restoring the original. That way next time just name the original .bak manually and copy/paste the modded saved version from sdcard. Saves a little time.

that's exactly what i just said LOL
12th February 2013, 11:56 PM   |  #2936  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Question E:Signature Verification Failed during flashing
E:Signature Verification Failed during flashing SGS3-TW-US_variants-lib_nfc-fix-jellybean_4.1-1.zip (and the same failure if I try to flash com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.5-r87-v15.zip).

I have tried both the htc-jewel and the Galaxy Nexus build.prop and got the same result.

I am running root66_ATT_I747UCDLK3.tar on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3.
Kernel Version 3.031-274808
Build number: JR003L.I747UCDLK3

The problem may be due to an older Wallet that was installed on the phone in an earlier ROM and was not reset before the new ROM. After the new rom there was no trace of Wallet. I have removed all credit cards on the web and removed the device as well (on the web).

Any suggestion/help would be appreciated.
13th February 2013, 01:24 AM   |  #2937  
Flag londonderry
Thanks Meter: 173

2,149 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbartur

E:Signature Verification Failed during flashing SGS3-TW-US_variants-lib_nfc-fix-jellybean_4.1-1.zip (and the same failure if I try to flash com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.5-r87-v15.zip).

I have tried both the htc-jewel and the Galaxy Nexus build.prop and got the same result.

I am running root66_ATT_I747UCDLK3.tar on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3.
Kernel Version 3.031-274808
Build number: JR003L.I747UCDLK3

The problem may be due to an older Wallet that was installed on the phone in an earlier ROM and was not reset before the new ROM. After the new rom there was no trace of Wallet. I have removed all credit cards on the web and removed the device as well (on the web).

Any suggestion/help would be appreciated.

this has nothing to do with wallet..it has to do with the version of cwm.. try a different version

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to lgkahn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 01:38 AM   |  #2938  

4 posts
Any suggestion for a ROM for ATT JB that works with Wallet?
13th February 2013, 02:57 AM   |  #2939  
Flag londonderry
Thanks Meter: 173

2,149 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbartur

Any suggestion for a ROM for ATT JB that works with Wallet?

I use this one.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2075639

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 07:14 AM   |  #2940  

4 posts
Can I load it through Odin? Just want to ensure that all apps and all data will remain intact. I want to be as close to stock ROM as possible WITH Google Wallet.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread