5,600,571 Members 33,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc

Tip us?

ParishM
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondPJR View Post
I felt that way too at first, but then I just put the pertinent files in a folder on my extSDcard (I always stay with Samsung based ROMs), including a saved copy of the modded build.prop. That means all I have to do is remember to reset GW before I flash a new ROM. When new ROM is flashed it's a cinch to reinstall GW![COLOR="Silver"]

so if i understand this i guess you would rename the build.prop file to .bak then copy and paste
the modded file on the extsd into the system folder then run the wallet setup and eventually
restore the original build.prop ?
“The Ultimate Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything is...42!”

gravedigger76
Old
Thanks Meter 603
Default Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc

Does anyone know,
Google wallet works only in places where they have the sign for Google wallet accepted, or at any place they have fast pass nfc scanners at registers?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
Phone:
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 - SGH-I337
ROM: Using Dual Boot Patcher: PRIMARY: CM 11 SECONDARY: |ROM| |★GOLDENEYE★|; THIRD: What ever I feel like trying at the moment.
Kernel version: KT Latest Kernel on all ROM's
Baseband version: xxMK2
Recovery: TeamWin Recovery Latest

Tablet:
Google Nexus 7 32gb 4.3
ROM: |ROM| |★KANGABEAN★| |N7-2013|►JSS15R◄|JB|4.3|VER-3.0|Sep.20.13| + MultiROM With Whole Bunch of ROM's
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: TeamWinRecovery - 2.6.0.3

acloaf
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Default Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger76 View Post
Does anyone know,
Google wallet works only in places where they have the sign for Google wallet accepted, or at any place they have fast pass nfc scanners at registers?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
Anywhere they have the scanners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

RaymondPJR
Old
Thanks Meter 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
97? or 96...

1.6 here as well (on 96), I think it's been 1.6 for a few versions now.
Oppps! My bad, 96.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by parishm@comcast.net View Post
so if i understand this i guess you would rename the build.prop file to .bak then copy and paste
the modded file on the extsd into the system folder then run the wallet setup and eventually
restore the original build.prop ?
Not exactly. When you mod build.prop the original renamed to .bak is created automatically. I just copy/saved the modded version to sdcard before deleting it and restoring the original. That way next time just name the original .bak manually and copy/paste the modded saved version from sdcard. Saves a little time.
When the spell is over... we will rediscover... there is no other... we are one, we are one, we are one... --Ajamu Mutima

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: T-Mobile
Rom: Stock UVALH2 + Root
Modem: UVLI4
UI: Apex Launcher
Storage: 32GB Class 6
"I know you want to touch it and feel the awesomeness in your hand, but don't." (Taken out of context)-XDA Member Dammit2Hell on proper procedure after flashing Nero V4

ParishM
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondPJR View Post
Oppps! My bad, 96.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Not exactly. When you mod build.prop the original renamed to .bak is created automatically. I just copy/saved the modded version to sdcard before deleting it and restoring the original. That way next time just name the original .bak manually and copy/paste the modded saved version from sdcard. Saves a little time.

that's exactly what i just said LOL
“The Ultimate Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything is...42!”

mbartur
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question E:Signature Verification Failed during flashing

E:Signature Verification Failed during flashing SGS3-TW-US_variants-lib_nfc-fix-jellybean_4.1-1.zip (and the same failure if I try to flash com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.5-r87-v15.zip).

I have tried both the htc-jewel and the Galaxy Nexus build.prop and got the same result.

I am running root66_ATT_I747UCDLK3.tar on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3.
Kernel Version 3.031-274808
Build number: JR003L.I747UCDLK3

The problem may be due to an older Wallet that was installed on the phone in an earlier ROM and was not reset before the new ROM. After the new rom there was no trace of Wallet. I have removed all credit cards on the web and removed the device as well (on the web).

Any suggestion/help would be appreciated.

lgkahn
Old
Thanks Meter 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbartur View Post
E:Signature Verification Failed during flashing SGS3-TW-US_variants-lib_nfc-fix-jellybean_4.1-1.zip (and the same failure if I try to flash com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.5-r87-v15.zip).

I have tried both the htc-jewel and the Galaxy Nexus build.prop and got the same result.

I am running root66_ATT_I747UCDLK3.tar on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3.
Kernel Version 3.031-274808
Build number: JR003L.I747UCDLK3

The problem may be due to an older Wallet that was installed on the phone in an earlier ROM and was not reset before the new ROM. After the new rom there was no trace of Wallet. I have removed all credit cards on the web and removed the device as well (on the web).

Any suggestion/help would be appreciated.
this has nothing to do with wallet..it has to do with the version of cwm.. try a different version

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to lgkahn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mbartur
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any suggestion for a ROM for ATT JB that works with Wallet?

lgkahn
Old
Thanks Meter 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbartur View Post
Any suggestion for a ROM for ATT JB that works with Wallet?
I use this one.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2075639

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

mbartur
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can I load it through Odin? Just want to ensure that all apps and all data will remain intact. I want to be as close to stock ROM as possible WITH Google Wallet.