Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOOTLOADER] 2nd-bootloader for Custom ROMs on KFireHD 8.9 [05/27 CM11/TWRP 2.7.x.x]

Tip us?

arda99
Old
Thanks Meter 51
got it working. Turns out the fastboot mode shares the same adb driver and I have to install the driver manually. Once driver is installed, it works great.

mtm88001
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Smile Thanks Hashcode

Just wanted to say thanks. I recently wiped my adw launcher settings accidentaly. I didn't want to put all my icons back so I went into recovery and walla, everything back like I had it.

5l4Y
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by arda99 View Post
got it working. Turns out the fastboot mode shares the same adb driver and I have to install the driver manually. Once driver is installed, it works great.
Would you mind to tell me what driver exactly did you install? I suppose you get into fastboot with device on by Onemeila tool?

arda99
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5l4Y View Post
Would you mind to tell me what driver exactly did you install? I suppose you get into fastboot with device on by Onemeila tool?
Enter fastboot by running:
"
adb shell
su
reboot bootloader
"

KF will reboot into fastboot and the device name in device manager is "Jem-PVT-Prod-04" without any driver.
At this point, device is in fastboot mode but normal fastboot commands will NOT work.

Manually install the amazon adb driver(should be somewhere like c:\programs files\amazon\drivers) name is "Android Composite ADB Interface", ignore the Windows warning and contiune. Fastboot commands start working after that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arda99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

5l4Y
Old
(Last edited by 5l4Y; 12th February 2013 at 05:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default thx very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by arda99 View Post
Enter fastboot by running:
"
adb shell
su
reboot bootloader
"

KF will reboot into fastboot and the device name in device manager is "Jem-PVT-Prod-04" without any driver.
At this point, device is in fastboot mode but normal fastboot commands will NOT work.

Manually install the amazon adb driver(should be somewhere like c:\programs files\amazon\drivers) name is "Android Composite ADB Interface", ignore the Windows warning and contiune. Fastboot commands start working after that.
Than you very much. Installed a driver with different method (I choose "kindle fire" from devices list and windows installed proper driver), but finally it works. You showed me the way. THX

aaron.a
Old
(Last edited by aaron.a; 13th February 2013 at 03:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5l4Y View Post
Than you very much. Installed a driver with different method (I choose "kindle fire" from devices list and windows installed proper driver), but finally it works. You showed me the way. THX
thanks to both of you guys.. was having a hard time working that one out.

hell yeah! twrp backing up now =)

after flashing cm10.1 i get stuck on the kindlefire orange logo... it doesn't boot and the blue logo doesn't show. lil'help?

Well I restored stock without headache. I'll restart from scratch later

t3dpott3r
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Default Re: [BOOTLOADER] Install 2nd-bootloader for Custom ROMs on KFireHD 8.9

I'm having an issue when trying to flash the recovery.

I read through and someone renamed the file to just "recovery" then used that command but it still didn't work? Any ideas?

SGH T989 Cyanogen Mod 10.1

ZilverZurfarn
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3dpott3r View Post
I'm having an issue when trying to flash the recovery.

I read through and someone renamed the file to just "recovery" then used that command but it still didn't work? Any ideas?

Is kfhd8-twrp-2.3.3.0-recovery.img in your path c:\users\hp ?
ADP1 ADS_Magpie (retired)
Desire Z CM 7.2
HTC One X (stock)
KFHD 8.9
Dreaming of electric sheep
Get DropBox!

t3dpott3r
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Default Re: [BOOTLOADER] Install 2nd-bootloader for Custom ROMs on KFireHD 8.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilverZurfarn View Post
Is kfhd8-twrp-2.3.3.0-recovery.img in your path c:\users\hp ?
Honest answer.

Idk..

lol... I'm a noob at this and am lucky I haven't bricked any of my devices yet. I have successfully rooted and flashed ROMs on a Nexus 7, HTC amaze 4g, t989 s2, and t999 s3.... But this kindle is giving me a hard time.

For today I will quit while I'm ahead, with it rooted and running GO launcher.

Any suggestions on how to edit the paths? Yes, I realize that's a dumb question but I have never played around in command prompts until now.

Thanks

ZilverZurfarn
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3dpott3r View Post
Honest answer.

Idk..

lol... I'm a noob at this and am lucky I haven't bricked any of my devices yet. I have successfully rooted and flashed ROMs on a Nexus 7, HTC amaze 4g, t989 s2, and t999 s3.... But this kindle is giving me a hard time.

For today I will quit while I'm ahead, with it rooted and running GO launcher.

Any suggestions on how to edit the paths? Yes, I realize that's a dumb question but I have never played around in command prompts until now.

Thanks

Well, if the prompt when you open the command window says C:\Users\HP> like in your screenshot, make sure kfhd8-twrp-2.3.3.0-recovery.img is in that directory, otherwise fastboot won't find it.
ADP1 ADS_Magpie (retired)
Desire Z CM 7.2
HTC One X (stock)
KFHD 8.9
Dreaming of electric sheep
Get DropBox!

The Following User Says Thank You to ZilverZurfarn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]