FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Any fix for black lines flashing across screen?

208 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By Darksurf, Senior Member on 10th December 2012, 05:48 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th December 2012, 09:42 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hi there, allow me one remark, as the black flickering lines do not appear with ICS, a hardware issue can be excluded i guess. i only saw the lines with JB that is why i returned to ICS.

11th February 2013, 01:32 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
flicker in cm10?
Does anyone know if the dreaded black lines are in cm10 or any other ROMs? I may root and flash just to get rid of them if this is so. It would be worth voiding the warranty.
12th February 2013, 08:50 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Re: Any fix for black lines flashing across screen?
I'm running CleanRom 3.2.2 and I don't see the lines unless I put my tablet in powersave and then it's rare if I see one. If I use an app to disable some of the CPUs I see them alot more when I'm in powersave. I haven't looked recently but the tablets black lines totally freak out when I plug in HDMI sometimes, as in 100's of lines flickering on the screen at once but only on the tablet the TV is fine and it only seems to happen when I'm on the launcher.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
12th February 2013, 10:41 PM |#34  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,230

More
I just spotted the black line three times on my SGS3 in Officesuite Pro. (they were gone REALLY fast) Not exactly a TF700 issue, then.
13th February 2013, 07:03 AM |#35  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
I notice them a lot when I'm in the Yahoo Mail app
13th February 2013, 08:14 AM |#36  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 57

More
I'd say that the black lines are almost gone. I wouldn't even notice one in 2 days but I do notice. Today I rotated the tablet from landscape to potrait mode while a page was loading on chrome and there was some line there.
13th February 2013, 09:11 AM |#37  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
Re: Any fix for black lines flashing across screen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by king231

Today I rotated the tablet from landscape to potrait mode while a page was loading on chrome and there was some line there.

That's when I've noticed them as well...
13th February 2013, 11:49 AM |#38  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Seriously, what black lines? I have never seen anything at all. I am completely stock in every way, not even rooted.
13th February 2013, 04:24 PM |#39  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huy_lonewolf

Seriously, what black lines? I have never seen anything at all. I am completely stock in every way, not even rooted.

Probably you are a lucky one to not have them. Almost everyone here has the same problem. Even if you ever knew about this problem it was difficult to notice it and the recent updates have made it almost disappear.
13th February 2013, 06:23 PM |#40  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,923

More
Quote:

Are you still on ICS firmware? The black lines started to appear with the JB update.

Try the "Black Hole" live wallpaper (preview is enough) - whatever it does, it makes the flickering line appear every few seconds.
13th February 2013, 07:00 PM |#41  
Flag Fort Collins, CO
Thanks Meter: 67

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Even if you think you don't have them... as many people have tried to argue... you do. Some people are just not observant enough to catch them, or rarely do activities that make them obvious. So frustrating that this issue is still present.

FYI- if you have JB- you have this issue.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread