Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any fix for black lines flashing across screen?

Tip us?

dc_01
Old
Thanks Meter 2
hi there, allow me one remark, as the black flickering lines do not appear with ICS, a hardware issue can be excluded i guess. i only saw the lines with JB that is why i returned to ICS.

Grgirard
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default flicker in cm10?

Does anyone know if the dreaded black lines are in cm10 or any other ROMs? I may root and flash just to get rid of them if this is so. It would be worth voiding the warranty.

Bluemgt06
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Re: Any fix for black lines flashing across screen?

I'm running CleanRom 3.2.2 and I don't see the lines unless I put my tablet in powersave and then it's rare if I see one. If I use an app to disable some of the CPUs I see them alot more when I'm in powersave. I haven't looked recently but the tablets black lines totally freak out when I plug in HDMI sometimes, as in 100's of lines flickering on the screen at once but only on the tablet the TV is fine and it only seems to happen when I'm on the launcher.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 768
I just spotted the black line three times on my SGS3 in Officesuite Pro. (they were gone REALLY fast) Not exactly a TF700 issue, then.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

Soul TKR
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
I notice them a lot when I'm in the Yahoo Mail app
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T 64GB Tablet in Amethest Grey - Rooted/Unlocked and running Cromi-X
Verizon HTC ONE M7 - Stock for now

king231
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I'd say that the black lines are almost gone. I wouldn't even notice one in 2 days but I do notice. Today I rotated the tablet from landscape to potrait mode while a page was loading on chrome and there was some line there.

Soul TKR
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Any fix for black lines flashing across screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by king231 View Post
Today I rotated the tablet from landscape to potrait mode while a page was loading on chrome and there was some line there.
That's when I've noticed them as well...
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T 64GB Tablet in Amethest Grey - Rooted/Unlocked and running Cromi-X
Verizon HTC ONE M7 - Stock for now

huy_lonewolf
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Seriously, what black lines? I have never seen anything at all. I am completely stock in every way, not even rooted.

king231
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by huy_lonewolf View Post
Seriously, what black lines? I have never seen anything at all. I am completely stock in every way, not even rooted.
Probably you are a lucky one to not have them. Almost everyone here has the same problem. Even if you ever knew about this problem it was difficult to notice it and the recent updates have made it almost disappear.

_that
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by huy_lonewolf View Post
Are you still on ICS firmware? The black lines started to appear with the JB update.

Try the "Black Hole" live wallpaper (preview is enough) - whatever it does, it makes the flickering line appear every few seconds.