HTC Butterfly on HTC's Global Site.....Comes with MicroSD Slot

OP kc821guam

9th December 2012, 01:52 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 3

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barondebxl

I'm so confused, people are saying different things. I know the J butterfly is for Japan only but I've read in many threads that the butterfly is only for China and there were no plans yet to bring it to Europe. Is that accurate?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

informations at german sites just saying the same..
no Butterfly for europe
The Following User Says Thank You to fabe0705 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2012, 02:34 PM   |  #12  
Flag Silver Spring, MD
Thanks Meter: 1,576

6,297 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabe0705

informations at german sites just saying the same..
no Butterfly for europe

Ok thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
9th December 2012, 05:24 PM   |  #13  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 808

1,768 posts
More
Will the Butterfly and DROID dna have a common development.. Since the the hardware is identical?
9th December 2012, 05:28 PM   |  #14  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,280

8,820 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barondebxl

I'm so confused, people are saying different things. I know the J butterfly is for Japan only but I've read in many threads that the butterfly is only for China and there were no plans yet to bring it to Europe. Is that accurate?

Yes and no. The Butterfly HTC posted to their worldwide site is quad-band GSM with 850/2100 HSPA which means the specs are for a phone that would work in China. But the Qualcomm radio (sames as in the OG and N4) is penta-band capable so activating the additional bands is just a matter of s/w. It would seem odd for HTC to add the Butterfly to their global site (in English) if they only intended to sell it in China. So it could be sold elsewhere and all they'd have to do is update the radio and specs on their site or it may only be sold in China. I wouldn't go solely off the info provided by various HTC offices in the EU as they've been wrong before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4

3G can't compare to LTE, here its 1mbps down vs 20+

I don't know what network or device you've used on HSPA but I typically get 5-7MB down.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2012, 07:15 AM   |  #15  

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

Yes and no. The Butterfly HTC posted to their worldwide site is quad-band GSM with 850/2100 HSPA which means the specs are for a phone that would work in China. But the Qualcomm radio (sames as in the OG and N4) is penta-band capable so activating the additional bands is just a matter of s/w. It would seem odd for HTC to add the Butterfly to their global site (in English) if they only intended to sell it in China. So it could be sold elsewhere and all they'd have to do is update the radio and specs on their site or it may only be sold in China. I wouldn't go solely off the info provided by various HTC offices in the EU as they've been wrong before.

I don't know what network or device you've used on HSPA but I typically get 5-7MB down.

It's a sure thing that the additional bands could be activated?

Or did they actually change the modem? I'm sorry if I said it wrongly, new here =x
10th December 2012, 10:40 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 5

68 posts
Seems odd...
Since It says Dual-Band 3G I think it's not meant for Europe. I think htc will release a real global/European version at MWC 2013 in Februari like they always do. They still have 2+ months so maybe we'll see sd-card slot, wireless charging, better battery and water-proof And if we are really lucky we might see a tegra 4 (probably not but I still hope so ).
10th December 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #17  

26 posts
Didn't we already know this??
When TheVerge covered the J Butterfly for the first time, didn't they mention that battery and microSD card slot? What's the surprise?
13th February 2013, 04:52 AM   |  #18  
Flag Clemenator town
Thanks Meter: 15

71 posts
More
Wireless Charging
Wow Wireless Charging, that sounds so so cool
13th February 2013, 09:21 AM   |  #19  
Flag kapurthala
Thanks Meter: 4

101 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc821guam

www(dot)htc(dot)com/www/smartphones/htc-butterfly/

So let's look at what we have now.
Droid DNA without microSD but has wireless charging.
J Butterfly with microSD but no wireless charging for Japan
Butterfly without microSD and no wireless charging for China (X920e)

and now we have another butterfly which has a microSD slot but no wireless charging and this one is most likely the international version. (X920d)

Also there is difference of NFC.
Butterfly doesnt have it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread