Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

External Storage

OP mygti02

12th February 2013, 10:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oswego, IL
Thanks Meter: 15

439 posts
More
Hi Guys,

I have a stock but rooted Nexus 10 and im trying to figure out how to my connected external drive to work on my Nexus 10. I have the proper cable to plugin any USB device, the light turns on for my external drive but i don't see it anywhere in Root explorer. Could someone tell me if its hidden somewhere or if its possible to even do this? Thanks!
12th February 2013, 10:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Trondheim
Thanks Meter: 257

1,368 posts
More
Re: External Storage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygti02

Hi Guys,

I have a stock but rooted Nexus 10 and im trying to figure out how to my connected external drive to work on my Nexus 10. I have the proper cable to plugin any USB device, the light turns on for my external drive but i don't see it anywhere in Root explorer. Could someone tell me if its hidden somewhere or if its possible to even do this? Thanks!

You need to Mount the drive for it to show up. There are some apps on the market that does that, can't think of any names now though.

Beamed from my CM10.1 Galaxy Nexus
12th February 2013, 10:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oswego, IL
Thanks Meter: 15

439 posts
More
Is root explorer one of those apps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
13th February 2013, 09:22 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

16 posts
You need to buy Nexus Media Importer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
13th February 2013, 10:13 AM   |  #5  
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 339

1,016 posts
More
Get stickmount from the playstore.

sent from my Droid DNA
13th February 2013, 02:49 PM   |  #6  
Flag Manitoba
Thanks Meter: 5

36 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrage23

Get stickmount from the playstore.

sent from my Droid DNA

Yes, get Stickmount. It is a free DL off the playstore too. However, you will need to root your N10 for stickmount to work.

Also i can get my N10 to read/mount my 16GB flash stick with Stickmount, no problems. But, When i try to mount my Western Digital My Passport 2TB external, Stickmount mounts the drive, but when i go into the folder stickmount mounts to, the folder is always empty.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is this because the WD My Passport 2tb drive is not compatible?
13th February 2013, 04:43 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepce

Yes, get Stickmount. It is a free DL off the playstore too. However, you will need to root your N10 for stickmount to work.

Also i can get my N10 to read/mount my 16GB flash stick with Stickmount, no problems. But, When i try to mount my Western Digital My Passport 2TB external, Stickmount mounts the drive, but when i go into the folder stickmount mounts to, the folder is always empty.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is this because the WD My Passport 2tb drive is not compatible?

I'm not sure if the passport comes with a power cord. If not I don't think the Nexus can power it. You may need external power.
13th February 2013, 04:59 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 59

335 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenster45

I'm not sure if the passport comes with a power cord. If not I don't think the Nexus can power it. You may need external power.

I have a WD My Passport 1tb drive and the Nexus 10 will power it as long as it is above a certain battery threshold it seems. For me it was under 50% battery or so that it stopped being able to power up my drive. It's quite a bummer

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread