External Storage

Tip us?

mygti02
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default External Storage

Hi Guys,

I have a stock but rooted Nexus 10 and im trying to figure out how to my connected external drive to work on my Nexus 10. I have the proper cable to plugin any USB device, the light turns on for my external drive but i don't see it anywhere in Root explorer. Could someone tell me if its hidden somewhere or if its possible to even do this? Thanks!

Herman76
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Default Re: External Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygti02 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a stock but rooted Nexus 10 and im trying to figure out how to my connected external drive to work on my Nexus 10. I have the proper cable to plugin any USB device, the light turns on for my external drive but i don't see it anywhere in Root explorer. Could someone tell me if its hidden somewhere or if its possible to even do this? Thanks!
You need to Mount the drive for it to show up. There are some apps on the market that does that, can't think of any names now though.

Beamed from my CM10.1 Galaxy Nexus
Phone history:
Current:
Google Nexus 10"
Stock ROM Locked Bootloader.

LG Nexus 5
Stock ROM Locked Bootloader

mygti02
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

Is root explorer one of those apps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

chase3567
Old
Thanks Meter 5

You need to buy Nexus Media Importer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

nrage23
Old
Thanks Meter 283

Get stickmount from the playstore.

sent from my Droid DNA
Phone:

LG G2 (Verizon)
HTC One Max (Verizon)

Tablet:

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)

Nvidia Shield

Asus Transformer Book T100 64gb
Windows 8.1

Retired Phones: Droid DNA, HTC Rezound, Droid Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Evo 4g
Retired Tablets: Archos 5, Huwaei S7, Viewsonic G Tab, Acer A500, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Galaxy 7 Plus, Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2013., Note 8.0, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

thepce
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrage23 View Post
Get stickmount from the playstore.

sent from my Droid DNA
Yes, get Stickmount. It is a free DL off the playstore too. However, you will need to root your N10 for stickmount to work.

Also i can get my N10 to read/mount my 16GB flash stick with Stickmount, no problems. But, When i try to mount my Western Digital My Passport 2TB external, Stickmount mounts the drive, but when i go into the folder stickmount mounts to, the folder is always empty.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is this because the WD My Passport 2tb drive is not compatible?

Lenster45
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepce View Post
Yes, get Stickmount. It is a free DL off the playstore too. However, you will need to root your N10 for stickmount to work.

Also i can get my N10 to read/mount my 16GB flash stick with Stickmount, no problems. But, When i try to mount my Western Digital My Passport 2TB external, Stickmount mounts the drive, but when i go into the folder stickmount mounts to, the folder is always empty.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is this because the WD My Passport 2tb drive is not compatible?
I'm not sure if the passport comes with a power cord. If not I don't think the Nexus can power it. You may need external power.

dust.
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenster45 View Post
I'm not sure if the passport comes with a power cord. If not I don't think the Nexus can power it. You may need external power.
I have a WD My Passport 1tb drive and the Nexus 10 will power it as long as it is above a certain battery threshold it seems. For me it was under 50% battery or so that it stopped being able to power up my drive. It's quite a bummer