If you like my work, donate

kick buttowski
Old
Thanks Meter 426

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [DEV][ROM][4.2.1][Unofficial] Vanilla RootBox - 1/24/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant View Post
I immediately replaced the gps.conf when I installed this ROM with my own hand-crafted one (I do this with every ROM I install) and the lock is almost instant. You should look around xda and replace it with one tailored for your particular country/region, then it'll be just fine
I just copied the one from dmans pac rom and still it takes ages to lock, seems to me that dman did something to his builds that are missing here

Sent from my SGH-i927 using xda app-developers app

[ROM] [OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] [i927] PAC-Man

Don't be scared now and hit the thanks and donate buttons !

mrk2815
Old
Thanks Meter 50
out of all of these roms what would be the top three roms to look at once finished, CM 10.1, AOKP 4.2.1, Liquid smooth 4.2.1 or Vanilla root 4.2.1. I wanted to know what the differences are between these four roms, i could not find any info googling an so that's why i am asking about all of this. if someone can give me an idea about each that would be great.

thegreatergood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 837

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrk2815 View Post
out of all of these roms what would be the top three roms to look at once finished, CM 10.1, AOKP 4.2.1, Liquid smooth 4.2.1 or Vanilla root 4.2.1. I wanted to know what the differences are between these four roms, i could not find any info googling an so that's why i am asking about all of this. if someone can give me an idea about each that would be great.
Rootbox - Most Feature Packed
Liquid Smooth - Most Optimized and Lite
CM10.1 - Most Stable, Technically because its closest to stock Android
AOKP - Has a few more features than CM10.1
Samsung Captivate Glide
-Roms-
Liquid Smooth - 4.2
CM10.1 - 4.2
AOKP - 4.2
RootBox - 4.2
RootBox - 4.1
LiteROM - 4.0
-Kernels-
LiteKernel - ICS
LiteKernel - JB
-Recovery-
TWRP

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thegreatergood For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lorddavid
Old
Thanks Meter 44
all the roms have theme support compatible with cm10 themes right?

SillyB
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default IMEI Trouble

After I had just gotten this ROM almost all set up the way I like it I ran into service troubles and the IMEI came up as unknown. I thought all the installing and uninstalling of apps (especially wi-fi hotspot stuff that was for ICS and FCing) must have hosed my EFS as I posted here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2019540&page=2

After recovering my EFS I re-flashed back to this ROM and started setting up my apps. During install and config I popped an unknown IMEI again. I tried rebooting, pulling the battery, airplane mode on/off and the IMEI was still unknown. I hit the factory data reset just on a whim, and when the phone came back up the IMEI was ok again!

I ran an EFS backup, and a CWM backup and started installing everything again. Same as before, when I had the majority of my stuff installed the IMEI came up unknown. I now figure that the EFS must not actually have been corrupted (so I went through all that backup, change and fix IMEI crap for three days just to prove it can be done on our phones!) I rebooted into CWM and deleted dalvik cache and on reboot the IMEI is back! This happened one more time while transferring things and fine tuning settings. After a reboot it came up unknown, I wiped dalvik and reset permissions and it came back to life. It happened again, and trying the wipe didn't work. Factory data reset worked, then ran a CWM restore.

I have never had problems with this phone before, and have only been running custom ROMs for a long time. I wonder if there is a bug that is causing the OS to be unable to read the IMEI even though it's not actually corrupted? Maybe this is just isolated to me?

thegreatergood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 837

DONATE TO ME
updated ... tons of new features ... lockscreen icons, swipe apps, xposed framework now works so you can set the dpi for each individual app
Samsung Captivate Glide
-Roms-
Liquid Smooth - 4.2
CM10.1 - 4.2
AOKP - 4.2
RootBox - 4.2
RootBox - 4.1
LiteROM - 4.0
-Kernels-
LiteKernel - ICS
LiteKernel - JB
-Recovery-
TWRP

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thegreatergood For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jbstanford
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatergood View Post
updated ... tons of new features ... lockscreen icons, swipe apps, xposed framework now works so you can set the dpi for each individual app
I saw it popping up on Goo.im and just downloaded it - it works much better! After first install it crashed when I opened keyboard, but after 3rd reboot everything has been running great. Seems MUCH faster. I did have to re-flash gapps as well, didn't show any google accounts listed when I rebooted the first time.

Remember to wipe cache/dalvik

Thanks a ton!

eFFeRaTuM
Old
(Last edited by eFFeRaTuM; 13th February 2013 at 09:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
hi.
just flashed! great rom!
where can i find trebuchet settings?

ps: built in bln doesn't work.it works in aokp rom instead.

yohan4ws
Old
Thanks Meter 155
I installed this rom, works great... after replacing my sms w/ SMS backup and Restore - however - when I opened messaging it would sit at "loading message" clearing data for sms in titanium backup seemed to fix it.

Otherwise, super slick. I only played with it for a bit before backing it up and swapping back to pacman ... I'm happy to see the camera and keyboard are fully fixed!!

One gripe - the stock browser. Really not too smooth, didn't pickup my bookmarks .... I'm used to the one in PacMAN where it has the Favorites icon to the top right of the tabs so I hit it, and it shows all my google saved (chrome) bookmarks and a preview of the pages. Really handy feature vs. having to add a button press to get to my common sites....

Am I missing something or is this a PA rom only browser ?