Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] debuggerd.exynosabuse

Tip us?

Noob.Saibot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] debuggerd.exynosabuse

Hello,

today as i was accessing my email on Opera Mobile, the SuperSU window popped up by itself and asked me for root acces for a program called "debuggerd.exynosabuse". I dont know what this debuggerd.exynosabuse is and i didnt open any apk before the SU window suddenly popped up..so naturally i denied it root access...then I went into the SuperSU log file and I saw that it kept trying to get root access for two minutes continuously and about 15 tries... also it doesnt have any icon in the apps section of SuperSU. Any ideas what this is about?

Thanks

UtkarshGupta
Old
(Last edited by UtkarshGupta; 12th February 2013 at 12:48 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3589
Default Re: [Q] debuggerd.exynosabuse

Look for the app in app drawer named exynos abuse.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Noob.Saibot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok. So I m looking for what exactly? I have already mentioned that it is called debuggerd.exynosabuse. it is not the exynos abuse apk, which I used to root my phone and patch the exploit. It is a different app that has no icon in the SU logfile. This debuggerd is always trying to get root access to modify some root files but I have it denied in SU. It tries to get root access 50 times a day or more. What is this program and where did it come from and what should I do with it. Thanks.

UtkarshGupta
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3589

Maybe clear data...

dr.ketan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 27611

DONATE TO ME
You are not alone
http://www.chainfire.eu/articles/126...APK_released_/
may be malware

UtkarshGupta
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3589

Try a full wipe including system cache and dalvik and data.
Then flash latest stock rom and root via cfautoroot.
Also backing up anything using any software is not recommended as malware might have infected it.

PommeGranny
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just had the same experience for the first time, unfortunately seeing it was a part of ExynosAbuse, I authorized it...

I then saw a lot going on, and in between SuperSU notifications, I saw Adblock Plus notifications too... Maybe related?

UtkarshGupta
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3589

As I said try full wipe and flash latest stock rom.

PommeGranny
Old
(Last edited by PommeGranny; 13th February 2013 at 09:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Well, I'd like to know before I wipe, it's not an easy thing to do for me right now, plus if it's something in the app and I reinstall the app after wiping, I'll have the same problem...

Noob.Saibot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Than you for your input Dr Ketan. I see that this is a relatively new problem and its got people wondering/worried, I appreciate that this issue has come to your attention.

Dear UtkarshGupta, Sure anyone can nuke their phone and wipe all and flash new, but thats not what the xda community is about. We are here to share, communicate, support, enhance, develop, and learn.

Understanding the problem would be the first step in to solving it. When we know what is the size of the problem, we would then know how to deal with it appropriately. It might be something simple that can be cleaned easily, no nuke needed.

As for me, I am happy with my 4.1.1 jb. I dont want to flash any new firmware.

By now I have taken several screen shots of it trying to get root access to many files and even it was trying to change values and commands but all were denied ofcourse because I have it blocked in SU. If it would help the devs or anyone else, I can attach the screenshots if need be.