Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 51,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.2.2 OTA Update

Tip us?

teodor_ch
Old
(Last edited by teodor_ch; 13th February 2013 at 07:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Everyone with 4.2.2 please install
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....bootlog&hl=en
to find out if you get crash/restarts

Mine happened while I was watching TV so I could miss it and now think that they totally fixed it.

The good news is that it is much LESS frequent for me now.

EDIT:
I think here is the half fix for now related to Location services

https://android.googlesource.com/pla...base/+/6c5406a

bhatbhai
Old
Thanks Meter 9
So I'm getting problems likely related to flashing the AOSP browser sometime after the 4.2.1 update. Status 7 error (BrowserProviderProxy.apk/odex). Before flashing, I had renamed the two files to add a ".bak" at the end.

I attempted to delete the Browser.apk file and rename the two BrowserProviderProxy files to the originals before flashing the update via TWRP, but I'm still getting the same error. Ideas?

sl4y3r88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfmiller View Post
I don't think anyone outside of Mountain View knows the answer to that. I would guess since the deleting the Services Framework trick really does seem to work, it may be based on some random device ID assigned to each device when the device first logs in with a Google account but that's just my theory.
Thanks for your reply. I cleared the Framework data and cache of that service but have still not got 4.2.2. I'm from India so probally will hit in a day or 2.

styckx
Old
(Last edited by styckx; 13th February 2013 at 08:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1461
Not bad after almost a day live on it. I actually decided when someone posted a link to the update to go ahead and throw it on.. I just ended up flashing the stock 4.2 image and rolling up to 4.2.2. I wanted a fresh bed of rice to lay my user experience on. My intention when I bought this was to run pure stock as I didn't really feel like tweaking out a $500 device and to just use it as Google intended. Unfortunately 4.2.1 was such a pile of poo I only stayed on stock for a minute to copy Rasbean and Trinity to it. I hope they give the Nexus 10 a factory image of 4.2.2 since we never got one for 4.2.1
Current OS: Dual boot / Windows 8 & Ubuntu 13.04
Current PC i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz / 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1600MHz / 2X - GTX 680 Twin Frozr SLI / P8Z68 DELUXE / 2TB/1TB/1TB
Current active devices: Nexus 4 / Nexus 10 / Chromecast
Former devices: Nexus 7 / Nexus S 4G / Galaxy Tab 10.1 / Samsung Epic 4G / Samsung Moment
Google+ Profile: DELETED

irishrally
Old
Thanks Meter 501
^^ haha I knew you would cave ....
The Following User Says Thank You to irishrally For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

styckx
Old
(Last edited by styckx; 13th February 2013 at 09:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1461
This is new.. Now to find out where to deauthorize authorized computers because it doesn't look like Google got that far yet.. Would be nice as the owner of the tablet to block debug access from certain computers. Or better yet password protect it.. What's the point of RSA keys if a single key press authorizes it without a middle man security measure? I hate one way features.

Current PC i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz / 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1600MHz / 2X - GTX 680 Twin Frozr SLI / P8Z68 DELUXE / 2TB/1TB/1TB
Former devices: Nexus 7 / Nexus S 4G / Galaxy Tab 10.1 / Samsung Epic 4G / Samsung Moment

Hereisphilly
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by styckx View Post
This is new.. Now to find out where to deauthorize authorized computers because it doesn't look like Google got that far yet.. Would be nice as the owner of the tablet to block debug access from certain computers. Or better yet password protect it.. What's the point of RSA keys if a single key press authorizes it without a middle man security measure? I hate one way features.

I think the main application is when used with a secure lockscreen (face unlock, gesture, pin) so if a thief has your phone, he cant use adb to dump all your personal data, thus bypassing the lockscreen.
Great for use with a totally stock phone, but not the best when custom recoveries are used, as that prompt can be bypassed

More info here http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02...me-situations/
Device History

styckx
Old
Thanks Meter 1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereisphilly View Post
I think the main application is when used with a secure lockscreen (face unlock, gesture, pin) so if a thief has your phone, he cant use adb to dump all your personal data, thus bypassing the lockscreen.
Great for use with a totally stock phone, but not the best when custom recoveries are used, as that prompt can be bypassed

More info here http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02...me-situations/
Yeah... I see that end of it but.. I don't know.. It's a step in the right direction and glad to see Google getting more into security but relying on the lock screen as the end all be all security for critical access to internal information is strange in my opinion as I'd say more people use swipe to unlock than pins, etc.. Android needs a legit SU layer added for stuff like this..

I guess all in due time..

onemandivision
Old
Thanks Meter 19

the battery usage on standby went down quite a bit since i have 4.2.2

(the first 20% of battery loss is from gaming with wifi and full brightness)

styckx
Old
Thanks Meter 1461
Google services is still the bane of my existence.. What an awful service.. On battery 22hrs and Google services has kept it awake for one hour of that.. ONE HOUR for 22.53KB sent and 44.00KB received..

Time to disable location services again.