5,599,677 Members 46,784 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Buy has Note II for $200 w/2 year contact.

Tip us?

william58
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivate-me View Post
I got mine from Best Buy. At&t isnt running sale, but Best Buy is, and the sale ends today.....so you better hurry
Edit: We also received a $50 giftcard for each line. ....awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
They refunded me $100 since I got the Note II two weeks ago.
I wonder if I still qualify for the $50 gift card too?
Can't hurt to go down and ask...
{Previous Phones}
1. T-Mobile Motorola Razor - 2. T-Mobile Sidekick - 3. T-Mobile Blackjack II - 4. T-Mobile Blackberry Storm - 5. AT&T iPhone 3G - 6. AT&T Backflip - 7. AT&T Sony Experia X10 - 8. AT&T Samsung Captivate - 9. AT&T Dell Streak
{Current Phone} Samsung Galaxy Note II

Brad.S.
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Default Re: Best Buy has Note II for $200 w/2 year contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by william58 View Post
They refunded me $100 since I got the Note II two weeks ago.
I wonder if I still qualify for the $50 gift card too?
Can't hurt to go down and ask...
I'm in a battle with them now because I bought mine on Sunday when the deal was introduced. The rep told me that I would be able to get it, but when I called back to ask about how I'll be receiving it they told me that I won't. They said because I ordered the phone before the 10th, I'm not eligible. So I called corporate. They sent me to mobile post customer support. And I finally got a case number.
The last guy told me that since Sunday, it has been a huge problem because 90% of the reps don't know how the deal works... So they have had a lot of angry customers. Hopefully I'll get the gift card. It would be nice to have the phone for $150 instead of $200, which is cheaper than the lowest I've seen which was on amazon in 2012 for 175.

beaujade138
Old
Thanks Meter 0

The $50 gift card is to compensate those who missed the $100 discount.

sent from Samsung Galaxy Note II

mastaofdacat
Old
Thanks Meter 67

I still have 100 dollars left over from trading my note 2 T-Mobile ,original AT&T galaxy note ,original galaxy s 2 and getting back onto AT&T note 2 !what to buy now ? Man being on T-Mobile was frustrating !

Captivate-me
Old
Thanks Meter 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastaofdacat View Post
I still have 100 dollars left over from trading my note 2 T-Mobile ,original AT&T galaxy note ,original galaxy s 2 and getting back onto AT&T note 2 !what to buy now ? Man being on T-Mobile was frustrating !

Wow.....so you can trade in phones at Best Buy? Didnt know this. I need to look into trading in 2 Samsung Blazes. I agree 1000% being on Tmobile was horrible. Sooo so happy to be back with a reliable service provider

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaujade138 View Post
The $50 gift card is to compensate those who missed the $100 discount.

I'm not sure that's true....I got the $100 off sale as well as the $50 gift card for each phone line started.

~Brought to you by the awesome GN 2~

Smartphone chronology:
Blackberry 8900,9700
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
HTC Inspire 4G
Samsung Galaxy SII, Galaxy S Blaze 4G, Galaxy Note II

TheWalkingDead
Old
Thanks Meter 6

This is why I love best buy!

william58
Old
(Last edited by william58; 12th February 2013 at 03:42 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
First, do you homework on the deals... and let me make this clear... you've got to talk to the right person. Always. Reps, especially on the phone, will give you nothing. The ones working in the phone area will give you nothing. This is what they're taught to do. I ALWAYS talk to the service department and if I have to, the store manager. Never been turned down. Of course I have silver status, so that means I spend a lot of money at BB. They want to keep me happy.

I have silver status which gives me 45 days to return or change my mind.
I had the Note I for 42 which I paid $150 for it. Two weeks ago, I paid another $150 for the Note II. Now I got 45 more days. Then last weekend they refunded me $100 of that for the $199 deal at the time for the Note II, then yesterday, a $50 gift card that the floor guys didn't even know was going on.

The deal got sweeter today as the weekend special says this:
If you get a Samsung Phone with a two year contract, you get $100 off on select Samsung Notebooks.

Look online or get their deals ads when you go to the store.
Computers & Tablets : Samsung_Laptop_Tablet_Phone_Offer_103656 - Best Buy

Guess what... since I'm in my 45 day time frame, I got a Samsung Notebook w/$100 off today.
Am I saving money or what!!!
{Previous Phones}
1. T-Mobile Motorola Razor - 2. T-Mobile Sidekick - 3. T-Mobile Blackjack II - 4. T-Mobile Blackberry Storm - 5. AT&T iPhone 3G - 6. AT&T Backflip - 7. AT&T Sony Experia X10 - 8. AT&T Samsung Captivate - 9. AT&T Dell Streak
{Current Phone} Samsung Galaxy Note II

moogvo
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I essentially got mine free... I was having a problem with my Atrix 2. It was my third one in a year. The rep offered to sell me the note 2 for 299. I argued and complained and eventually got him to sell it to me for 150, including overnight shipping. The next day it didn't come. I called in and raised hell again and they gave me a 100 dollar credit on my bill for my inconvenience. The rep PROMISED me a Monday delivery. It didn't come today and the tracking info says it will be delivered on Wednesday. I called and raised hell again and they gave me a 50 dollar credit.

I have to wait for 2 more days to get it, but that ain't bad for a free note 2,

srtpusher
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaujade138 View Post
I opened a new line to snag this GNII at Best Buy... my contract on my line isn't due until November. Ill gladly pay the $10 a month for the 'add a line's charge. Or pay ETF up front, its still less that the no-contract price.

etf, 350 vs $240 for the line at 24 mos PLUS getting an additional upgrade. just add the line. i am gonna do it for a back up phone. get best free phone and sell it. (best buy's buy back was great for this) put chip into a $10 go phone. this should about cancel out the cost of the contract.

DorisTheHeavy
Old
Thanks Meter 2

Go to Radio Shack $199 on att and they trade in phones as well. Plus you get people who actually know what they're talking about

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app