Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,459 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [JB 4.2.2]cm10.1/sgt7 [discontinued]

Tip us?
 
question_air
Old
#181  
question_air's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 29
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde Londonderry
Thanks for the rom, nice work!

I'm having trouble with a conflict between the Trebuchet.apk data I restored over the sgt7 ROM. The Trebuchet data is from Hashcode's CM10.1 ROM for Kindle Fire. I backed up using TWRP and restored the data to the new ROM. Now all I get is a 'Trebuchet.apk has closed' error when I try to do anything.

I was going to do rm -rF /system/app/Trebuchet.apk, then adb push the one from this ROM, but I get an error because of the Read-only file system.
Does anyone know how to fix this, and if this is a good way to solve the problem? Should I search for the Trebuchet data and delete that instead?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Nevermind, I found out how to mount as read/write using mount -o remount,rw /system.
Now attempting to adb push Trebuchet.apk.

Does anyone know if a directory for Trebuchet data exists? Like /Android/data I mean.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Success!
ROM now working fully as normal, with restored data.
No need for anything else apart from deleting and replacing Trebuchet.apk.
Devices:
rooted and TWRPed Kindle Fire 2 with Hashcode's CM10.1ROM.
OG Galaxy S i9000 running Devilkernel and Carbon ROM.
Rev. B Raspberry Pi tri-booting Puppy Linux, openELEC, Raspbian.
 
iytrix
Old
#182  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 220
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Jose
Quote:
Originally Posted by question_air View Post
Thanks for the rom, nice work!

I'm having trouble with a conflict between the Trebuchet.apk data I restored over the sgt7 ROM. The Trebuchet data is from Hashcode's CM10.1 ROM for Kindle Fire. I backed up using TWRP and restored the data to the new ROM. Now all I get is a 'Trebuchet.apk has closed' error when I try to do anything.

I was going to do rm -rF /system/app/Trebuchet.apk, then adb push the one from this ROM, but I get an error because of the Read-only file system.
Does anyone know how to fix this, and if this is a good way to solve the problem? Should I search for the Trebuchet data and delete that instead?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Nevermind, I found out how to mount as read/write using mount -o remount,rw /system.
Now attempting to adb push Trebuchet.apk.

Does anyone know if a directory for Trebuchet data exists? Like /Android/data I mean.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Success!
ROM now working fully as normal, with restored data.
No need for anything else apart from deleting and replacing Trebuchet.apk.

Glad you got it sorted out!
 
fmkilo
Old
#183  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 187
Posts: 288
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mount Vernon, IA,USA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iytrix View Post
Glad you got it sorted out!
anybody know if ppt is here anymore? haven't seen him in weeks.
FMKilo @ forum.xda-developers
freenode irc #kf2-dev
 
Gohan
Old
#184  
Gohan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 958
Posts: 9,966
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Default Re: [ROM] [JB 4.2.1]cm10.1/sgt7 [20130131] [CODECS && MTP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkilo View Post
anybody know if ppt is here anymore? haven't seen him in weeks.
I saw him on xda 2 days ago. He posted over @ a original kindle fire thread. He may just be taking a break, or he might be working on his app.
 
powerpoint45
Old
#185  
powerpoint45's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1853
Posts: 2,025
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] [JB 4.2.1]cm10.1/sgt7 [20130131] [CODECS && MTP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
I saw him on xda 2 days ago. He posted over @ a original kindle fire thread. He may just be taking a break, or he might be working on his app.
I'm here. Twa just fixed a fc issue for system settings so that's why their is a delay for update. I'm working on it now

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using xda app-developers app


Donate by buying my launcher: Lucid Launcher Pro
The system wants you dead; be cautious!
 
powerpoint45
Old
(Last edited by powerpoint45; 12th February 2013 at 05:27 AM.)
#186  
powerpoint45's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1853
Posts: 2,025
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas

 
DONATE TO ME
20130211 Version 6
  • * latest CM changes
  • * Settings: Fixed Settings -> System FC [sbrady]


Donate by buying my launcher: Lucid Launcher Pro
The system wants you dead; be cautious!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to powerpoint45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
twa_priv
Old
#187  
twa_priv's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4516
Posts: 1,699
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpoint45 View Post
20130211 Version 6
  • * latest CM changes
  • * Kernel: Linux 3.0.62
  • * Kernel: lowmemorykiller: Wait for memory to be freed [faux123]
  • * Kernel: BFQ-v6 I/O Scheduler [renaudallard]
  • * Kernel: Synched with aosp/kernel-common [Twa_Priv]
  • * Settings: Fixed Settings -> System FC [sbrady]
Are you compiling your build using my kernel_omap repo?
 
powerpoint45
Old
#188  
powerpoint45's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1853
Posts: 2,025
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] [JB 4.2.1]cm10.1/sgt7 [20130211] [UPD8 TIME]

Quote:
Originally Posted by twa_priv View Post
Are you compiling your build using my kernel_omap repo?
Oh.. I guess I'm not which means their were none of those kernel changes... I thought you were referring to whatever hashcode has done... Ill change chlog

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using xda app-developers app


Donate by buying my launcher: Lucid Launcher Pro
The system wants you dead; be cautious!
 
willieboya
Old
#189  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 85
Join Date: May 2011
Default Re: [ROM] [JB 4.2.1]cm10.1/sgt7 [20130211] [UPD8 TIME]

Is there a way to change the fingerprint in the build.prop? I'm trying to completely hide the root from an app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
 
nFiniti
Old
#190  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 152
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieboya View Post
Is there a way to change the fingerprint in the build.prop? I'm trying to completely hide the root from an app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
What do you mean hide the root? You could go into superuser and block it from superuser privileges?

powerpoint45, I'm going to whisper you involving a small personal thing since your one of the people that prob would know.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes