FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[INFO][BUG][GUIDE][REPACKED KERNEL] Q&A ViperX

4,402 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,352
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th February 2013, 12:11 AM |#861  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by throcker

thanks, I will try tomorrow, but what difference is between the two?

Stock=stock, modules=tweaked kernel from another than ViperX itself.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

A minute ago i want to edit something in my contactpersonlist, but the button "edit" (in my language it is"bewerken") is gone? I cant change anything? Huh? Bug?

I have a fresh clean install of 3.3.6. and no mods or other kernels and default theme.

By the way, i have tryed the venom red theme, the weatherapp become black and grey instead of colored. When use default theme, the weatherapp works fine. It is a bug too?
 
 
13th February 2013, 01:10 AM |#862  
Member
Auckland
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Trying to install Viper X 3.3.6, but when I go into recovery and choose zip from sdcard, it says
- - Installing: /sdcard/ViperX3.3.6.zip
Finding update package . . .
Opening update package. . .
E: Can't open / sdcard/ViperX3.3.6.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

Don't think there is anything wrong with zip file? i can open and extract it perfectly fine on computer
13th February 2013, 02:34 AM |#863  
NITRO_100's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 682
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [INFO][BUG][GUIDE] Q&A ViperX
Quote:
Originally Posted by popularpp

Trying to install Viper X 3.3.6, but when I go into recovery and choose zip from sdcard, it says
- - Installing: /sdcard/ViperX3.3.6.zip
Finding update package . . .
Opening update package. . .
E: Can't open / sdcard/ViperX3.3.6.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

Don't think there is anything wrong with zip file? i can open and extract it perfectly fine on computer

I guess you downloaded the full Rom, not ota. Try to redownload it.

Sent from my HTC One X
The Following User Says Thank You to NITRO_100 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 10:04 AM |#864  
Fallen Spartan's Avatar
Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Retired- Irish Pride, Spartan Legacy
Flag Belfast, Ireland Likes: Whiskey & XDA Dislikes: No whiskey
Thanks Meter: 4,607
 
10
Donate to Me
More
I wonder could someone shed some light for me. When I rotate phone to landscape the homepage becomes distorted (background images etc) but the apps and every other page are fine

I know this isn't affecting others, so was curious to find out why it's affecting me

EDIT - Attached screenshot

EDIT 2 - It appears it's the 3rd party app I was using in homescreen.....it doesn't rotate/scale correctly. Oh well
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-13-11-23-56.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1726157  
Last edited by Fallen Spartan; 13th February 2013 at 11:39 AM.
13th February 2013, 11:04 AM |#865  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 345
 
More
Re: [INFO][BUG][GUIDE] Q&A ViperX
http://db.tt/JzyL3sRt

Here's the logcat for wifi disconnect when receiving a call.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
13th February 2013, 11:55 AM |#866  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitjesmaker

A minute ago i want to edit something in my contactpersonlist, but the button "edit" (in my language it is"bewerken") is gone? I cant change anything? Huh? Bug?

I have a fresh clean install of 3.3.6. and no mods or other kernels and default theme.

By the way, i have tryed the venom red theme, the weatherapp become black and grey instead of colored. When use default theme, the weatherapp works fine. It is a bug too?

Can someone confirm that the edit is gone? And also confirm the weatherapp become black/white when using red venom theme?
13th February 2013, 12:15 PM |#867  
Lady Android's Avatar
XDA Portal Team
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 1,118
 
More
Re: [INFO][BUG][GUIDE] Q&A ViperX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitjesmaker

Can someone confirm that the edit is gone? And also confirm the weatherapp become black/white when using red venom theme?

Cannot confirm missing "edit" button. Are we talking about the "People" application? If so, yep cannot confirm.

Sent from my HTC One X
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Android For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 01:20 PM |#868  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Android

Cannot confirm missing "edit" button. Are we talking about the "People" application? If so, yep cannot confirm.

Sent from my HTC One X

Thnxs for confirming. The edit is back. Dont know what happened. I have take a reboot today, maybe that was the solution.

The black/white weatherwidget problem with the red venom theme stay. Even when i do a reboot after setting red venom as default theme.

See this for a example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ob2a337vza...2014.20.38.png
Last edited by Bitjesmaker; 13th February 2013 at 01:25 PM.
13th February 2013, 01:20 PM |#869  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Re: [INFO][BUG][GUIDE] Q&A ViperX
Is it maybe a good idea to make a mod, like go launcher to swipe bottom bar and create 8 more icons swiping left and right ,just thinking.....

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app


Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 01:26 PM |#870  
bygrave's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 225
 
More
Re: [INFO][BUG][GUIDE] Q&A ViperX
Is it just me or are other people finding stock kernel better at the mowment

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 01:33 PM |#871  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothere74

Is it just me or are other people finding stock kernel better at the mowment

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I'm also on stock kernel and it's fine for me. Anyway, i'm going to test other kernels soon.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bug, how to, onexviperxhelp, tweaks, viperx
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes