Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root your Razr M now

Tip us?

Sithra
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Root is regained

I have a Telstra Razr M that I HAD recovered Root using Voodoo OTA RootKeeper BUT after the JB update, nothing would work for me to regain root.

After trying every permutation within this thread including Factory resets I was getting a little frustrated - the bug report exploit just wouldn't work - None of the motofail2go exploits nor another 'Reset exploit' regained root.

Then I found this thread - Root Achieved
Followed the instructions & root is regained

So - if it just isn't happening for you, give this a try!

Sithra
The Following User Says Thank You to Sithra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shepherd17
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
FYI I rooted without factory resetting and did so on both of my Razr M devices.
Just to be specific, you rooted a Japanese Softbank Razr M device without factory resetting? I haven't found any way to do this and have tried everything in this thread. It seems like there are different results depending on which of the multiple models of Razr M you have.

If you are saying you did this on a Japanese Razr M, any advice you might have as to what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. The error I constantly have been getting is mentioned in the instructions

"run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown"

and the advice given is to "wipe you data and cache partitions and try again"

On that advice, I have done a factory reset through the settings every time I try to rerun the root app. This doesn't have any apparent effect as I am still unable to root the device.

I'm hoping that I can get into the fastboot/recovery mode to do the factory reset as the one poster has mentioned this is vital and I am not sure how to do this. I have been able to get into some kind of recovery mode but there is nothing I can seemingly do on that screen.

cellzealot
Old
Thanks Meter 848
The exploit is known NOT to work on the Softbank M and there is no known method currently for that device, sorry.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

Digital alchemy for the Droid and beyond.
The Following User Says Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wintermute000
Old
Thanks Meter 147
when I try to trigger bug report using stock jellybean Telstra (XT905), I get a succession of vibrations (not one or two) then phone will reboot AS SOON AS power button is not being held down. Script waits for reboot, cleans up, reboots the phone again saying finished OK but nothing.

Same phone rooted OK using this method when ICS, something's changed or am I triggering the bug report wrong? Yeah I'm using the updated supersu binaries

Sithra
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintermute000 View Post
when I try to trigger bug report using stock jellybean Telstra (XT905), I get a succession of vibrations (not one or two) then phone will reboot AS SOON AS power button is not being held down. Script waits for reboot, cleans up, reboots the phone again saying finished OK but nothing.
I had the exact same experience - must have tried 20 times but evidently the bug report isn't triggered ...
I solved my problem using the steps in this thread

wintermute000
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithra View Post
I had the exact same experience - must have tried 20 times but evidently the bug report isn't triggered ...
I solved my problem using the steps in this thread
er if I'm not reading it wrong, that thread is to regain root if you used OTA rootkeeper?

I'm talking about rooting from scratch (I was paranoid and unrooted fully before OTA, thinking that as Verizon JB users are rooting no worries we should be OK too, but looks like I was dumb lol).
Or we need to figure out how to trigger the bug report in JB Aussie build. Its definitely NOT power+up or power+down anymore. Even if I do it without USB connected, my phone vibrates constantly and as soon as power is released, boom reboots.

vo_danh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Used the method on the first post to the letter except I ran the run.bat with right click "run as administrator". Had to try 2-3 times to press the vol up + power key before I could get it to vibrate. After restart I had "SuperUser" app in my list. I downloaded ES file explorer and can browse my system folders. Titanium backup loads but tells me it can't acquire root. Root Checker Basic by joeykrim was not able to verify root either but may not support my device yet XT907 as noted by other users under the app comments. Root Checker from Free Android Tools also says unable to verify root.

So far I settled for disabling the apps I didn't like auto loading all the time.

I tried the files from the OSP site, replaced them into the motofail2go and re-ran as before as admin. Now SuperUser has disappeared, and SuperSU shows up, and does ask me to allow root access. Tried Root Checker Basic again by joeykrim and it verified that its rooted. Titanium backup now has root access and has the uninstall options. Superuser and SuperSU still doesn't show any apps in list.

dornz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: Root your Razr M now

Hi

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to dornz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alwaysbelieve1
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Root your Razr M now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dornz View Post
Hi

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
Hello

---
Sent using my Droid Razor M- THE BEST SMARTPHONE ON THE PLANET!

Heard about Kettlebells... learn more: http://synergykettlebell.com
Bob Garon II, Synergy Kettlebell Coach
---
Build “SKINNY STRONG” Lean Muscle & Lose Weight WITHOUT Starvation Diets
Learn More On My Blog Here: BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bobgaron
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bobgaron

dornz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: RAZR i Root

Hi i have a razr i to and after unlocking bootloader sucessfully i rooted it. Worked great no probs. Now a few days ago when i turn on wifi it wont connect to my modem..now it says signal poor and wont connect..i know my modems working great cos signels great on this phone and my laptop...i was using sd maid apk for root users i after that no wifi connection..the razr i is a cool droid helpp

Sent from my LG-P990

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe