Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,789 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What Cookie version do you prefer ?
Cookie 1.8.5 988 7.78%
Cookie 2.0 4,044 31.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12703. You may not vote on this poll

L [WWE|GER|FRA|ITA|NLD] |July 4| Energy™-.¸¸.·´¯ 6.5|21916 / 6.5.X|29022 * Sense 2021

Tip us?

cemtex
Old
(Last edited by cemtex; 15th January 2013 at 08:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0

thanks, just what i needed!!

Mister B
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsy View Post
legendary ROM is legendary

this ROM continues to persist, even a year after I left it

guesst what... I'm back to flash this on my spare HD2
Good idea as it shows Android up for the shower of an advertising scam & shoddy app market it really is.
Biggest mistake Microsoft ever made was not pursuing Windows Mobile development at a faster pace & not realizing the potential of the smartphone OS market .
Fortunately my companies IT department banned Android & IOS so I get to stay with WM6.5.x for some time yet.
My first TMOUS died recently but fortunately it had signed a donor card so it will help revive other HD2s in our fleet ...
[DEVICE1] : [HD2] [EU late model, socket lcd & samsung nand]
[ROM] : [Energy Dinik 23699 Nov24]
[OS] [WindowsMobile® 6.5.x][CHT2.0.S2.5]
[RADIO] : [2.12.50.02_2]

[DEVICE2] : [Raphael] [sold]
[ROM] : [Energy Dinik 23699]
[OS] [WindowsMobile® 6.5.x]
[RADIO] : [1.14.25.05 + RILPHONE.DLL]
[SOFTWARE] : [Mortscript] [MyMobiler] [CeRegEditor] [SkypeMobile] [FingerKBD Eng/Thai (WVGA)] [Thai Font/SIP] [IM+] [SPB-Backup]

jcsy
Old
Thanks Meter 942

DONATE TO ME
while im an Android supporter, WM6.5 really does lack alot of things I wished to see and yes, Microsoft's mistake to slow down development (its pretty slow for anything these days) has costed them dear.
Primary: HTC EVO3D GSM HBOOT 1.49.0007 S-OFF
ROM: Johnnyslt CM11 (20 June 2014)
Radio: 11.77.3504.00P

CID: HTC__044
CPU: 384-1180mhz (Interactive)
Kernel: KSM OFF, NOOP

SD Card: Sandisk 4x 32GB

Secondary: HTC HD2 HSPL 2.08
ROM: WP7.8 PDAIMATEJAM v8.9
Radio: 2.15.50

Soft Radio: 5.51
CPU: 998mhz

SD Card: Sandisk 4x 16GB

THANK POSTS ARE TEMPORARY, THANKS BUTTON IS PERMANENT

Z80-Man
Old
(Last edited by Z80-Man; 21st January 2013 at 08:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 122
The funny part is WM6.5 still goes on puzzling people when I'm showing off just Outlook (well, actually, HTC Calendar). Just this makes them jealous...

So yeah, Microsoft obviously didn't know how to sell a promising OS.

It has all you would like to succeed, but it lacked the most important : real support and marketing from its own makers. It was just unknown to most people ! Almost unbelievable, but true.

Plus of course, they could have spend some time to correct glitches here and there, and enhance the UI ergonomy and look.

HTC actually did it for them... But there are still some glitches left : missing function here, no copy-paste there, graphic bug on the phone canvas keyboard icon placement, etc.

But most of it can be enriched with some work, as Mode 9 and LUA scripts can be edited, and the Microsoft Express SDK allow to compile .Net or native C++ or C# programs in command line without buying a licence, allowing infinite developments... But of course, there will still lack the large developers community they deserve, and of course, active support from Microsoft, so such projects will remain mostly confidential.

On the other hand, WP7 seems to have evolved from a mostly useless toy à la iPhone, to the more seriously featured WP7.5 version.

Windows 8 on tablets is said to be very downsized as compared to desktop versions, and even worse, unable to run the same software... But this situation may evolve too.

So maybe Windows 8 would prove itself a serious replacement solution for WM6.5 Pro in a near future ?

In the meanwhile, I wouldn't drop WM6.5 for any reason. It just does what I need for professional use.

While I'm here, does anybody know what to change in the ROM image to replace Office Mobile 2010 with a previous version ? I've got trouble with Mobile Word and Excel 2010 to select a specific folder to save files, as it will only display a limited list ! It's just uneasy to store it anywhere, then having to move the files using an explorer...
HTC HD/HD2 with 64 GB SD XC - Energy WM6.5.3 build 29022 French / Sense 2.5 build 2019 / CHT 2.0 - GTX clock - Radio ROM 1.17.25.09/2.12.50.02_2
How-to : FingerKeyboard management and XT9 patch
Wiki : Energy ROMs Wiki
Energy ROMs add-ons & fixes CABs : General mods and fixes *** HD FRA fixes *** HD2 FRA fixes
Non flipping digital clocks for Sense/CHT 1.7/1.8/2.0 : CHT2.0 version ready !

Shreyas
Old
Thanks Meter 7
NRGZ28 could you please share your Kitchen with us? Please. It would help a lot of people here. We love your ROM and we do not want to go for any other ROM until our HD2 dies. I'm asking for the kitchen only to remove some of the unusable apps present in the ROM now. Example, Marketplace, Facebook App, etc.. So that we can strip down the ROM & make it lighter. Else if you don't wanna share the kitchen at least could you strip down the ROM in your free time.

Just a request. (Or can we use this ROM on any other kitchen available?)

shingers5
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,093
after all the messing about with numerous devices including latest note 2 and s3 etc i find myself putting them down to head down memory lane..............hd2 and this rom! still works just as well as it did all those years ago. i miss this as it was when things were good would love to see an update for old times sake lol.
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 - N7100
All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it

ganimed_15
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Outlook problem

Can anyone help me,I receive company mail on hd2 but after mail or two mobile is just freeze and I need to pull battery out and then power on device to be able to work normal again to the next mail.Does anybody have any idea.

Z80-Man
Old
(Last edited by Z80-Man; 17th February 2013 at 10:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 122
On a general basis, free storage memory is really a concern on the non-T-Mobile HD2, and NRGZ's full ROMS are really crammed up to the top.

Well, at least when, as I did, you add a few Sense tabs...

So I began to work on a lightened version. Though still useful and appreciated, a lot of utilities can be installed to the SD card instead of internal memory, where they can't be removed as they're in ROM. I also removed most themes, ringtones, screen backgrounds, other languages files, etc. I've still got to remove utilities however, and transfer them to XDA-UC in CAB form.

I also removed the integrated Opera browser so the user can install the one he wishes (either Opera 9, 10, Mini, etc. or even just keep ie mobile and binds it to the Sense Internet tab as the default browser).

Next step will be to remove all graphics elements files. Why ? because when you want to skin WinMo or Sense over a ROM, the original files are then hidden but not replaced, thus occupying twice the room for nothing. Once again, the default theme and skinning will be put in XDA-UC (at least Sense elements, as otherwise WinMo could refuse to start if its own elements are missing).

I found Opera 9 really made a mess out of the system. Each time I use it, if it didn't crash WinMo during browsing yet after I opened a lot of tabs, I have to reset anyway. It also leaves a lot of useless temporary files, so now I always use ClearTemp after each use of Opera, as I have no more than about 40 MB left (I'm still using one of my older prototypes, not having time to save all and reflash ), and I can't afford losing anymore, or Windows Mobile will start to slow down, then crash.

I have no problem with messaging, though, even using HTC Messaging (the recent version without the slow down when a lot of messages are present). I recently started settting email accounts (I wasn't using them on the HD2 until recently) and they work great.

It's actually easier to read emails form the HTC client than from a webmail, because of Opera's problems. I setup them as IMAP rather than POP3, however, or it would have filled up the few memory left in no time ! Since I empty my box once I've read my emails from both my home and office, I always only have the last emails left on the HD2, and it fits exactly my needs, without filling up the remaining storage memory. It's absolutely great like that, and I never got any stability concern.

One last staibility concern is CHT 2.0. Since some other cooks have stated the version that NRGZ put in his ROMs has problems, maybe one day I'll start from a CHT-less version and add it separately. I faced three main problems with the embedded CHT 2.0 :

- CHT Lock is still crashing the system, so I'm not using it ;

- Sometimes the small squares indicating the page position on the Home tab will display as one huge square instead !

- CHT is apparently writing randomly into the registry, filling up the quiclinks area. This leads to icons appearing or disappearing randomly on the quicklinks pages.

Most of these problems have been reported a lot of times, but Co0kie is apparently ignoring them, as usual actually. But chances are, as stated elsewhere, the problems aren't present on fresh installs from the original CAB, so maybe I should give it a try first.

I'm also always testing a lot of settings, mainly about HTC Scroll sensitivity and peripherals polling frequencies. I've achieved very fast thus precise slide moves and keybord typing, fast screen rotation and extra-long battery life (more than two days) with all Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G, Data, push-email, etc. activated and intensive use.

Anyway, the whole setup still perfectly fits my professional needs and I'm not intending to switch to Android yet.
HTC HD/HD2 with 64 GB SD XC - Energy WM6.5.3 build 29022 French / Sense 2.5 build 2019 / CHT 2.0 - GTX clock - Radio ROM 1.17.25.09/2.12.50.02_2
How-to : FingerKeyboard management and XT9 patch
Wiki : Energy ROMs Wiki
Energy ROMs add-ons & fixes CABs : General mods and fixes *** HD FRA fixes *** HD2 FRA fixes
Non flipping digital clocks for Sense/CHT 1.7/1.8/2.0 : CHT2.0 version ready !
The Following User Says Thank You to Z80-Man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JVH3
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 427

DONATE TO ME
Default Cookie / Quicklink / Random registry write

Are you referring to contacts not appearing correct after a flash and restore?

If that is the case, I wrote an app that fixes that. The issue was that Cookie stores the outlook Contact ID. But after a flash and restore and then getting the contacts by syncing with exchange, these ids change. So, after a restore the quicklinks would be all messed up. The app I worte lets you actually save the entries. Then import them with the corrected values after syncing with exchange.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=360

If it is something different, please describe.

I never noticed anything really random with the quicklinks and Cookie after figuring out what was going on.

I had Energy ROMs on my Touch Pro 2 and Touch Pro and there were very few differences. Most of his ROMs between devices did not change much, aside from drivers (and screen size for the Touch Pro). I would expect the Cookie enhancements to be identical in the Touch Pro 2 and HD2, since the resolution is the same between devices.

A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something. - Plato

JVH3 Energy Rhodium Tips Tricks and ROM Reviews and JVH3 Energy Raph ROM Reviews

Energy ROM FAQs Rhodium or the Rhaphael

Twitter Donations accepted at: Paypal

Created:
Manila 2.1, 2.5 Weather City Editor - Updated 1/5/2011

Mister B
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH3 View Post
Are you referring to contacts not appearing correct after a flash and restore?

If that is the case, I wrote an app that fixes that. The issue was that Cookie stores the outlook Contact ID. But after a flash and restore and then getting the contacts by syncing with exchange, these ids change. So, after a restore the quicklinks would be all messed up. The app I worte lets you actually save the entries. Then import them with the corrected values after syncing with exchange.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=360

If it is something different, please describe.

I never noticed anything really random with the quicklinks and Cookie after figuring out what was going on.

I had Energy ROMs on my Touch Pro 2 and Touch Pro and there were very few differences. Most of his ROMs between devices did not change much, aside from drivers (and screen size for the Touch Pro). I would expect the Cookie enhancements to be identical in the Touch Pro 2 and HD2, since the resolution is the same between devices.
I have experienced same as Z80-Man in terms of quick links (not contact links only) moving position or one being replaced by a duplicate of a quick link from another one of my 3 CHT pages.
Had same issue on my Touch Pro with NRG ROM.
could be exact CHT settings we use & personal usage etc contribute to it thus why not all see the issue.
I have a backup of my ideal CHT setup & a mortscript to recover if needed but happens very very infrequent so no great concern for me.
[DEVICE1] : [HD2] [EU late model, socket lcd & samsung nand]
[ROM] : [Energy Dinik 23699 Nov24]
[OS] [WindowsMobile® 6.5.x][CHT2.0.S2.5]
[RADIO] : [2.12.50.02_2]

[DEVICE2] : [Raphael] [sold]
[ROM] : [Energy Dinik 23699]
[OS] [WindowsMobile® 6.5.x]
[RADIO] : [1.14.25.05 + RILPHONE.DLL]
[SOFTWARE] : [Mortscript] [MyMobiler] [CeRegEditor] [SkypeMobile] [FingerKBD Eng/Thai (WVGA)] [Thai Font/SIP] [IM+] [SPB-Backup]

Tags
addictive, best looking hd2 rom, elegance, energy rom, fastest rom, gtx, hd2 leo, powerful, sexy, smooth, stability!, the best hd2 rom, the rom, tmobile hd2 rom