Kindle Reader app in Go Launcher HD

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By DrKizzle911, Junior Member on 29th December 2012, 07:31 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th February 2013, 12:35 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 36
Re: Kindle Reader app in Go Launcher HD
This is the same version as the one on Play Store.

Sent From My Rooted Kindle HD 7"

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

I have posted a guide for doing this in the general forum under Guide to use kindle reading app in launcher. Here is the like to that forum

Sent From My Rooted Kindle HD 7"
16th February 2013, 05:35 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 18
Originally Posted by DrKizzle911

I've just rooted my KFHD7 and installed GO Launcher HD.

Everything is working fine but I don't seem to be able to access my kindle books from it. I can go back to the carousel and open books there, but when I try to open the Kindle reader application nothing happens?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Just create a shortcut to amazon kindle. Any books you have open and are actively reading will open automatically. Now to change books just go to home and pick a new one.
30th May 2013, 02:54 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 3
What I did was move the Kindle app out of the system folder with Titanium Backup (requires root). I may not have needed to do that because my next step was to "backup and uninstall" (again with Titanium Backup). I then went to Google Play/Market and re-installed from there. Now it works fine.

Update: you do have to change Kindle app from a system app to user app if you want to do a "backup/uninstall". Another option may to just to a "force remove", but I wanted to have the app backed up.
Last edited by ivanh3; 30th May 2013 at 03:07 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread