Any fix for black lines flashing across screen?

OP Darksurf

25th December 2012, 09:42 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
hi there, allow me one remark, as the black flickering lines do not appear with ICS, a hardware issue can be excluded i guess. i only saw the lines with JB that is why i returned to ICS.
11th February 2013, 01:32 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
flicker in cm10?
Does anyone know if the dreaded black lines are in cm10 or any other ROMs? I may root and flash just to get rid of them if this is so. It would be worth voiding the warranty.
12th February 2013, 08:50 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 10

61 posts
Re: Any fix for black lines flashing across screen?
I'm running CleanRom 3.2.2 and I don't see the lines unless I put my tablet in powersave and then it's rare if I see one. If I use an app to disable some of the CPUs I see them alot more when I'm in powersave. I haven't looked recently but the tablets black lines totally freak out when I plug in HDMI sometimes, as in 100's of lines flickering on the screen at once but only on the tablet the TV is fine and it only seems to happen when I'm on the launcher.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
12th February 2013, 10:41 PM   |  #34  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 950

3,850 posts
More
I just spotted the black line three times on my SGS3 in Officesuite Pro. (they were gone REALLY fast) Not exactly a TF700 issue, then.
13th February 2013, 07:03 AM   |  #35  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 11

170 posts
Donate to Me
More
I notice them a lot when I'm in the Yahoo Mail app
13th February 2013, 08:14 AM   |  #36  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 55

256 posts
More
I'd say that the black lines are almost gone. I wouldn't even notice one in 2 days but I do notice. Today I rotated the tablet from landscape to potrait mode while a page was loading on chrome and there was some line there.
13th February 2013, 09:11 AM   |  #37  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 11

170 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: Any fix for black lines flashing across screen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by king231

Today I rotated the tablet from landscape to potrait mode while a page was loading on chrome and there was some line there.

That's when I've noticed them as well...
13th February 2013, 11:49 AM   |  #38  
Flag Singapore

344 posts
More
Seriously, what black lines? I have never seen anything at all. I am completely stock in every way, not even rooted.
13th February 2013, 04:24 PM   |  #39  
Flag Hyderabad

256 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huy_lonewolf

Seriously, what black lines? I have never seen anything at all. I am completely stock in every way, not even rooted.

Probably you are a lucky one to not have them. Almost everyone here has the same problem. Even if you ever knew about this problem it was difficult to notice it and the recent updates have made it almost disappear.
13th February 2013, 06:23 PM   |  #40  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,471

3,486 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huy_lonewolf

Are you still on ICS firmware? The black lines started to appear with the JB update.

Try the "Black Hole" live wallpaper (preview is enough) - whatever it does, it makes the flickering line appear every few seconds.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread